New Greenville developments

gs3

On 7/28/2021 at 9:19 AM, NewlyUpstate said:

Not sure where to put this, but this new, loosely called "mixed use" development seems massive in Fountain Inn

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/fountain-walk-a-15-building-mixed-use-facility-is-coming-to-fountain-inn/

fountain walk

Looks like this is now under construction. 

• 2 weeks later...

When the Landmark/Windstream building was sold to investors last summer they said they had plans for revitalization. Does anyone know of the actual plans the investors had/have? I think a facade replacement would do wonders for the building, but also realize that is extremely unlikely and impractical. Just wanted to know if there were any further explanation of those revitalization plans. 

12 hours ago, pressw said:

When the Landmark/Windstream building was sold to investors last summer they said they had plans for revitalization. Does anyone know of the actual plans the investors had/have? I think a facade replacement would do wonders for the building, but also realize that is extremely unlikely and impractical. Just wanted to know if there were any further explanation of those revitalization plans. 

Sadly, there was never any further explanation of those plans. Don’t see anything on the leasing package for the building for them. I imagine they got cancelled like everything else downtown. 

Edited by gman430

If anybody has requests for drone images of any of the construction/developments happening right now I would be happy to take some shots and share them here on the forum. Just reply to this and I'll do my best to go take some shots of it soon. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:39 PM, gman430 said:

Sadly, there was never any further explanation of those plans. Don’t see anything on the leasing package for the building for them. I imagine they got cancelled like everything else downtown. 

What else has been canceled for downtown?

• 2 weeks later...

In the meeting notes for City Councils work session:

https://www.greenvillesc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/_03132023-3379

There's was discussion during the executive session about a new elementary school in the city.  Anyone know anything about this

Motion - Executive Session During the open Work Session, Mayor White asked for a motion to go into Executive Session.  City Attorney Leigh Paoletti recommended going into executive session under S.C. Code §30-470(a)(2) to discuss a proposed road construction project near County Square and (a)(5) to discuss economic development projects including an expansion of services at SCTAC and development of a new elementary school in the City.  

Is this the same thing as the JL Mann project or something in addition? I can't remember if that's within the cities boundaries or not

Edited by NewlyUpstate

On 3/2/2023 at 12:33 PM, pressw said:

If anybody has requests for drone images of any of the construction/developments happening right now I would be happy to take some shots and share them here on the forum. Just reply to this and I'll do my best to go take some shots of it soon. 

Fountain Walk in Fountain Inn! This is my first post. I've been looking at this website for years and finally decided to join! I had some issues with registering "CAPTCHA Security Errors". 

45 minutes ago, MISTER GVL said:

Fountain Walk in Fountain Inn! This is my first post. I've been looking at this website for years and finally decided to join! I had some issues with registering "CAPTCHA Security Errors". 

I should be able to get some either later today or tomorrow. 

Edited by gman430

13 minutes ago, ingvegas said:

How does the public weigh in on the proposed zoning changes I see signs for everywhere? Is there an email, or do you have to attend the in-person meetings? I don't see a link or information on the website. 

Info on the code and upcoming meetings: https://www.greenvillesc.gov/182/Greenville-Development-Code

Emails can be sent here: [email protected]

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 1:56 PM, gman430 said:

Info on the code and upcoming meetings: https://www.greenvillesc.gov/182/Greenville-Development-Code

Emails can be sent here: [email protected]

Here is another introduction to the new Greenville Development Code:

https://simplecivicsgreenvillecounty.org/exploring-the-new-greenville-development-code-understanding-how-it-will-impact-your-community-neighborhood-and-greenville/