New Greenville developments

gs3

I thought that the project at Pendleton West was to begin soon.  Anyone heard about when that project should begin.  I have not driven by lately-maybe it has already begun?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last time I drove over there (this past weekend), it was still just a bunch of empty lots with signs. No discernable work has begun as of yet.

I thought that the project at Pendleton West was to begin soon.  Anyone heard about when that project should begin.  I have not driven by lately-maybe it has already begun?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are starting their marketing with preview sessions by appointment mid next week.

"Star Wars Episode III" is AWESOME!  Now I need to see it at Camelot!  I read another article about the new digital projection system.  It said that Lucasfilms had representatives here who were pushing the work to open on time and to meet their specific standards.  The article also stated that the closest screen like this is in Orlando, FL! B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm waiting for it to come to IMAX. I saw Episode II in Charleston's... very cool ;)

I saw on WYFF's 11:00pm News where a new tower is planned for the corner of Falls Street and Broad Street downtown.

According to the blurb on the news, there will be more details in Friday's Greenville News.

Is this the same tower that had been planned for the corner of Main and Broad, I wonder? I don't think it is, because they showed the property directly across the street from Erwin Penland (where the liquor store currently is) on the news.

Edited by RestedTraveler

Has anyone else heard of yet another high-rise in the works?! :w00t:

It is being reported that Greenville may soon have a new 20-story high-rise on Falls @ Broad Streets. It will have over 200,000sf of office and residential space. This will be a GREAT addition to the growing list of high-rises in downtown!!! :D

I saw on WYFF's 11:00pm News where a new tower is planned for the corner of Falls Street and Broad Street downtown.

According to the blurb on the news, there will be more details in Friday's Greenville News.

Is this the same tower that had been planned for the corner of Main and Broad, I wonder?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think this is the same one because that one is already drawn up and is supposed to be 14-stories tall.

Isn't this all so exciting?!!! :D

I don't know, but this is a great time to be in Greenville. We could probably devote an entire thread solely to the 8 or 9 new towers :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only 100 more new towers to go and we'll catch up with the boom going on in Miami, FL!! B)

OK...maybe not, but still, this is GREAT!!!!

:rofl:

Look at Greenville trying to get a little dense....LOL.

I especially liked this part of the article:

"What we have done is we've taken our office-condominium concept that we have successfully done in the suburbs and we're going to do that here in this building," Vergnolle told The Greenville News.

Victories for Greenville are victories for the entire state of South Carolina. :)

Edited by krazeeboi

Keep in Mind that at 200,000 square feet and 20-stories, this will be a somewhat smallish footprint. Especially when compared with the Poinsett Plaza building which has 250,000(?) square feet at only 11 or 12-stories. Interesting... :)

I've thought about this block for a very long time. This is kind of what I had hoped would be built there. :)

This development, along with the 14-story mixed-use tower on Main @ Broad Streets, will strengthen the possibility of a new Publix just down Broad, which was mentioned in another thread.

7. Keystone Properties, LLC Office Building (currently vacant Kimbrell's building site)

-- 12 stories

From what I understand this building will be at McBee and Falls St. and will access Main St. through a Park where the Kimbrell's building stands, but the tower will not actually stand where Kimbrell's is.

Fridays paper also provided a rendering and additional information on the Renaissance at the Falls project.

-8 buildings total

-$440,000-$575,000

-42 condo units

-Tudor is style (i think?)

-stucco and stone exterior

-large old trees will remain

here is article

Greenville News article

Unfortunatly there is no image on the website. but C. Dan Joyner and Danny Joyner are partners in the project so they will probubly have something up on their site soon I would think.

Interesting note mentioned in one of todays papers about the building for Main @ Broad. Vivian Wong (Global Trade Center, Dragon Den) is a partner in that project. She is also a partner in the new state chartered Independence Bancshares. That tower calls for a bank on first floor. Could this be a future location for Independence Bank?

Has any one added that up?  assuimg Gateway is only 15 floors and Riverplace is 10.  That alone is 118 new floors to the greenville skyline, and that does not include all the smaller buildings planned.  That is incredible!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go Greenville!!! :thumbsup:

Wow! :D That is incredible! This is something I've been longing for forever. Finally it appears that downtown has begun to grow at a similar pace to the suburbs. I don't think that trend will slow down much anytime soon because of the new prime land being opened up in the West End. :)

I don't know, but this is a great time to be in Greenville. We could probably devote an entire thread solely to the 8 or 9 new towers :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - I think it would be neat if we could have a thread similar to this one (which is locked and updated by the moderator, it appears):

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10017

This thread details each of the new developments and provides renderings/etc. of each. We could add to it over time.

This is definitely a great time to be in Greenville!!! B)

I didn't realize this until I stumbled accross another related thread. If all is true, then Greenville's latest highrise announcement may be the most visually stunning in the entire state! As I understand it, the tallest building in SC currently is in Columbia at 349 ft. and 25 stories. With only 20 stories, our proposed new tower will be 350 feet tall, making me think it will have some kind of dramatic rooftop. If this is true, it will be taller than the Landmark building, although it will actually sit geographically below it. :D

Clip from today's Greenville News...

"Residential condominiums also will be part of PHC's new downtown development, which will be 350 feet high and whose main floor will include 5,000 square feet of retail space."

Edited by Skyliner

Fridays paper also provided a rendering and additional information on the Renaissance at the Falls project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone have a scanner?

I agree - I think it would be neat if we could have a thread similar to this one (which is locked and updated by the moderator, it appears):

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10017

This thread details each of the new developments and provides renderings/etc. of each.  We could add to it over time.

This is definitely a great time to be in Greenville!!!  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have thought about creating one of these. Its alot of legwork, and I haven't had the time to start it up? Does anyone want to volunteer to help with this?