New Greenville developments

gs3

Petco has opened or is about to open in Spartanburg in Hillcrest near Panera.  Haven't heard of a Greenville location, but with them entering the Upstate market, makes sense they would open multiple units.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Petco and the Office depot and Ross are all supposd to open this week or next I believe. Our Marble Slab in Converse Plaza has opened too- yum :D

Whew! that blackout was scary! :cry:

A couple of new developments to tell.

O-CHA, a new tea bar in downtown, just above Venti, right next to Trio, on Main Steet. Looks like we're getting more "bagged brew" choices. :thumbsup:

Brick City Grill is coming to the Pelham Commons (Publix) Shopping Center. Never ate at one before, assuming it is a chain. It will fill a large vacancy there. :)

The trollies would have wheels with tires on them.  Really a trolly in name only.  Looks like a trolly but is really a open air bus.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There were trollies in downtown Greenville in the 1980s, if not later as well. I don't recall them being particularly well-patronized. Then again, back then there really wasn't much downtown to go to, apart from some run-down wig shops, government buildings and some offices.

Brick City Grill is coming to the Pelham Commons (Publix) Shopping Center.  Never ate at one before, assuming it is a chain.  It will fill a large vacancy there. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The large vacancy I know of is the former Your Dollar Store with More, so I assume that is where it it going. The other restaurants are a Chinese eatery and Beef O'Brady's.

In The Greenville(, SC) News today, City Council recently voted 5-2 in one of several hearings to approve rezoning of the triangle property at Pelham @ Roper Mountain Road Extension for a new Walgreen's.

I think it is a bad location because of the traffic from Roper Mountain Road Extension turning left onto Pelham Road. The corner of Pelham @ Hudson Roads is not much better.

While driving downtown today, I noticed a public hearing sign and was wondering what you guys know about it... if anything, which i'm sure someone does. It was along Main Street between Broad and McBee and also (i'm assuming it's the same property) along Falls/Spring St (which ever name that section boasts).

Also, can someone refresh my memory, what is going on behing the Greenville Summit on the corner of McBee and Academy? Thanks

I have a question about a project that was perhaps mentioned briefly several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I can't find the answer so hopefully someone can help me...

On Academy near McBee (I think), on the corner, land is being cleared. This is right across from First Citizens (in the big brick building that used to be Duke Power). I am thinking that there used to be some sort of auto repair place on the site (whatever it was, it was an old and ugly building). What is going on there? It seems to be a good location, and will certainly improve the aesthetics of that corner.

Thanks in advance.

I have a question about a project that was perhaps mentioned briefly several weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I can't find the answer so hopefully someone can help me...

On Academy near McBee (I think), on the corner, land is being cleared.  This is right across from First Citizens (in the big brick building that used to be Duke Power).  I am thinking that there used to be some sort of auto repair place on the site (whatever it was, it was an old and ugly building).  What is going on there?  It seems to be a good location, and will certainly improve the aesthetics of that corner.

Thanks in advance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't been able to find out yet. I think there was some speculation on this oard that that might end up being the location of the Bob Ellis 14 story building whose location has yet to be announced.

While driving downtown today, I noticed a public hearing sign and was wondering what you guys know about it... if anything, which i'm sure someone does. It was along Main Street between Broad and McBee and also (i'm assuming it's the same property) along Falls/Spring St (which ever name that section boasts).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember correctly, that block of South Main @ East Broad previously had a hot dog eatery and is sometimes used as a Peace Center parking lot. I would imagine a high-rise tower will be going up there.

Also, can someone refresh my memory, what is going on behing the Greenville Summit on the corner of McBee and Academy? Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is Greenville Summit that building on West McBee and River Street where the sketchy people dwell? That place is never a good place to be.

I think there is one other (the one that Brad is holding out on) ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yeah, that's right.  I wish Brad would at least tell us how many stories it is rumored to be! <hint, hint> ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not holding out on any towers, All I was holding out on where some details about one of them.