New Greenville developments

gs3

I am not a huge baseball fan, but the building will run down the third base line      ( going from the southern corner on S Main and going north to the railroad crossing ( approx across the street form Rocks and Ropes building).  The view of the Downtown skyline is very important to the fan experience and will not be obstructed. 

The building is actually two buildings joined by a stair tower and the southernmost building will be retail and office above and the Fieldhouse will be the northern most building, 36 -40 units from $185,000 to $300,000).....max of four stories per the Design Preservation Committee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correction it is overlooking left field

I understand.  Of course, I am a huge baseball fan, as if it weren't evident enough already.  :D  Thank you for clarifying this. 

Your description certainly adheres to the renderings that we've seen.  So, now we have a name to go with the mysterious buildings from the rendering, "The Fieldhouse."  I like it!  :thumbsup:

The orientation of the ballpark on its parcel has been changed to where home plate will be located at the corner of Field Street and South Markley Street rather than at the corner of South Markley Street and South Main Street; therefore, the Fieldhouse will be located between the Left Field Line and Center Field, given the new orientation.

Thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK got to go and shoot me any questions on Downtown and I will give you the real scoop...

OK  got to go and shoot me any questions on Downtown and I will give you the real scoop...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum!! Someone of your experience and knowledge will be a great benefit to all of us "urban addicts".

Can you tell us what is going on with the University/Church corridor? The building on the NE corner is on the market, and the SW corner gas station recently sold. The Burger King next to it has been vacant for awhile also. Multiple properties on the SE corner have been assembled as well. Is the Biltmore Oaks project getting good interest?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I respectfully disagree that his post is a solicitation. There is no phone number, email or other contact information listed, nor is there any offering of services except to answer questions about downtown projects. Information that anyone reading this thread would be interested in.

Obviously he is able to provide early information on the downtown projects, which is part of the reason that I, for one, visit this site. I am sure I am not alone in that regard.

Indeed, we have PM restrictions in effect on new users to prevent this very abuse of UrbanPlanet. Its an unfortunate fact that we get spammed by Real Estate agents, developers and brokers everyday and as a result we just won't tolerate any violation of the rules. We have to deal with dozens of these every week or else this forum would turn into a big spam farm. Its a lot of work to contain, we don't appreciate the violation of this free site that we provide without asking for any money and as a result, we don't tolerate anything that even comes close to looking like they violate the rules. We wrote the rules because we had to. Some people choose to take advantage of places such as UrbanPlanet for person gain and when you call them out on it they refuse to accept responsibility. "Well you didn't say I couldn't do that.....".

While this individual may not intentially have done this, it is especially disturbing as he registered with the same name as the firm he operates, identififed that firm, and asked people to contact him. That tells me tells me there is at least some interest in selling services.

Although I am pretty sure it was unintentional, I sort of thought it was soliciting something.

That aside, it was some pretty intriguing information. 550 units built/redeveloped and 44 left to be sold. I am wondering how many of those are owned and/or inhabited by end users vs. speculators...

That is enough about CBP. This is the Greenville Developments thread, remember. Just remember that we don't tolerate spamming in any form here, so we don't take chances. I believe it may be unintentional as well, but we still have to be cautious. I think it will work out fine.

I do welcome you to the forum though cbpresident. I believe your unique insight will prove vaulable to all :) Just remember to not try to solicit anything!

I was on 385 today, and for the first time in a while I was not driving.... anyway, I finally say Villagio Verde on the hill there, and I must say it looks very nice. It was just business today, but I think I will try to get a closer look next time I am in the area.

If you saw actual buildings on the Villagio Verde site, you've been the first, because construction hasn't begun yet. :( Directly behind (and I mean DIRECTLY behind) the Villagio property sits the Plantation on Pelham residential development. There is a small piece of land between the Plantation and Villa Road where Villagio Verde will be built. That whole hill will someday be very dense if all are built as hoped! :)

Welcome to the forum!!  Someone of your experience and knowledge will be a great benefit to all of us "urban addicts". 

Can you tell us what is going on with the University/Church corridor?  The building on the NE corner is on the market, and the SW corner gas station recently sold.  The Burger King next to it has been vacant for awhile also. Multiple properties on the SE corner have been assembled as well.  Is the Biltmore Oaks project getting good interest?

Thanks in advance for any info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that the land on University Ridge at Church St on the southeast corner is again under option. This is the property behind Sirrine stadium from the corner of University Ridge and Church to the corner of Pearl Street and Church.

We have an interest in the building on the Northeast corner of University Ridge and Church and it is only for lease at this time. I understand that a Zaxby's is slated for the Burger King site and have no info on the BP Gas station site as of yet.

Biltmore Oaks is still on but the timeframe has been pushed back due to a redesign that is underway. Probably 60 days out.

Welcome aboard CBP! :thumbsup:

You will be a great asset to the forum.  Watch out though, the flood gates of questions will open up.  Are you ready? :wacko:

My first is, when is the Bergamo project going to begin?  That one seems as though its been in planning for quite some time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Piazza Bergamo is a three to four story building that will be reatail on the first floor, one office user on the second and approx six condominiums on the third and posssbly fouth floor. The units are roughly 1600-1800 sq ft with outdoor terraces and priced starting at the $400's and up

I understand that the land on University Ridge at Church St on the southeast corner is again under option.  This is the property behind Sirrine stadium from the corner of University Ridge and Church to the corner of Pearl Street and Church.

We have an interest in the building on the Northeast corner  of University Ridge and Church and it is only for lease at this time.  I understand that a Zaxby's is slated for the Burger King site and have no info on the BP Gas station site as of yet.

Biltmore Oaks is still on but the timeframe has been pushed back due to a redesign that is underway.  Probably 60 days out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks CBpresident! Your expertize is indeed welcome. Let us know what you hear about this area. I'll take a Zaxby's over a BK anyday.

The University and Church intersection brings up a question that I have often had. From a development perspective, which corner is most valuable/desireable? What factors go into that? I know the traffic patterns are involved, but can you shed more light? Thanks in advance.

You mean that's not Villagio Verde on the left side of I-385 near Haywood Road as you are driving from downtown?!?  Wow, I go by there frequently and never knew that it was something else.  Thanks for clearing that up!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Villagio Verde property is the overgrown piece of land you see the signs posted at, but it is so narrow and at such an odd angle that it can be deceiving to those who haven't seen the layout of the land. I suggest checking out the website to see exactly how it will be positioned. :)

Click Here

Ther is no exact date at the moment, it will depend on the amount of interest from prospective buyers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That will be the key to most, if not all of these proposed developments. I believe the website for The Tower at Falls and Broad states that they hope construction is complete by the end of next year (2006). I hope this proves true! :)

By the way, welcome to the forum, cbpresident! I look forward to your insight and opinion on downtown development! :thumbsup: