New Greenville developments

gs3

It is inevitable that downtown Greenville will begin at some point to grow skyward. When you look at the very high quality of life and the enormous amount of new interest in moving companies and residents into its core, there is absolutely no way to avoid the cost of every piece of land skyrocketing, not to mention that the land itself is becoming less available in the end. I totally agree that with "proper prior planning," each of the new towers that start to pop up within the next decade should only add to the strength of an already enchanting environment. We can hang our hopes on news such as the report that even the design of the new U.S. Federal Courthouse must first pass the approval of the City. :)

I thought that the new construction between the two Liberty Buildings on Beattie Place was DEFINITELY a Starbucks.  I have even been telling friends that, so it better not be something else!  Ha ha.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I understand it and according to the rumor mill, Starbucks is coming to Downtowwn and has signed a lease for a yet to be announced location at RiverPlace

CBPresident I did not know that there were going to be residential condos in the Piazza Bergamo building.  Any plans yet or has anyone been chosen yet to build it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plans have been in the works for 6 months and the Contractor is expected to be Harper Corporation. As I wrote earlier, they have planned 6-8 residences in the 1600 - 1800 sq ft range on the top/third floor. One office user on the second floor and retail on the street level with shops opening on thee Piazza and Main. The "bridge" will also come down as a part of this project to better connect the Bank of America building to Main Street

Interesting point.  So, that leads to the question, "what is the business being built on Beattie Place, in front of 1 Liberty Plaza?"  I have heard it could be a newstand or even a Starbucks, but nothing has sounded solid yet (to me at least).

The main project I'm interested in today is the mixed-use building at Main and Broad.  I was unable to see any of the plans, but I understand "something" was available at the hearing.  If you know what it may look like, PLEASE share this with us. ;)

Any word on the modifications that have been made to the Phase III RiverPlace tower?  We read that it was changed to a twelve story building, but I'm interested in knowing whether any other major changes were made to its appearance.

Thanks a TON! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no idea what is going on Beattie and will find out.

The building proposed by a Columbia developer for the site across from City Hall, next to the Hot Dog King, is a 15 - 20 story building with two stories of parking under and retail on the main level. Even talk of a small grocery. I have spoken to the developer and they plan to do about 75% office ( lease/condo?) and the top 2-4 stories as residential. They have passed the Design Preservation Committee (DPC) and are ready to go when the property is all assembled and they get the final mix determined.

We are very involved in RiverPlace and there is no redesign being considered through the first phase that ends at the Hampton Inn and Suites and the Plaza/ Water feature.

Phase Two of RiverPlace only has one building defined at this point.and is the first true mixed-use development in Downtown. It is a six story building and will be retail /restaurants on the river/first floor with office space for lease on the second floor. The next four floors are residential, called Terrace at RverPlace, and approx. half were sold at our Reservation Auction last week.

Beyond that, it is anybody's bet for the final mix on the balance of Phase Two , which ends at River Street . Phase Three is the property from River Street to Academy Street and hopefully the Kroc Center will follow the Reedy River from there.

The building proposed by a Columbia developer for the site across from City Hall, next to the Hot Dog King, is a 15 - 20 story building with two stories of parking under and retail on the main level.  Even talk of a small grocery. I have spoken to the developer and they plan to do about 75% office ( lease/condo?) and the top 2-4 stories as residential.  They have passed the Design Preservation Committee (DPC) and are ready to go when the property is all assembled and they get the final mix determined.

Is this high-rise #9 on our list (Office Tower at Main and Broad) or the building discussed at the Kimbrell's Furniture site? Here is the list we have of high-rises:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...opic=11854&st=0

Clarification as to which building this is, and whether we have discussed it here, would be most helpful. I would love to add #10 to our list of high-rises. :D

I have no idea what is going on Beattie and will find out.

The building proposed by a Columbia developer for the site across from City Hall, next to the Hot Dog King, is a 15 - 20 story building with two stories of parking under and retail on the main level.  Even talk of a small grocery. I have spoken to the developer and they plan to do about 75% office ( lease/condo?) and the top 2-4 stories as residential.  They have passed the Design Preservation Committee (DPC) and are ready to go when the property is all assembled and they get the final mix determined.

We are very involved in RiverPlace and there is no redesign being considered through the first phase that ends at the Hampton Inn and Suites and the Plaza/ Water feature.

Phase Two of RiverPlace only has one building defined at this point.and is the first true mixed-use development in Downtown.  It is a six story building and will be retail /restaurants on the river/first floor with office space for lease on the second floor.  The next four floors are residential, called Terrace at RverPlace, and  approx. half were sold at our Reservation Auction last week.

Beyond that, it is anybody's bet for the final mix on the balance of Phase Two , which ends at River Street .  Phase Three is the property from River Street to Academy Street and hopefully the Kroc Center will follow the Reedy River from there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, cbpresident. :thumbsup: This is a big help. So it sounds like the tower at Main and Broad may actually be taller than the initial news release. That should make for more exciting news in the near future.

RiverPlace is an unparalleled development in South Carolina, and I look forward to its completion and the remaining future developments westward along the river. :)

Yes, and with the possible redesign of The Tower at Falls and Broad, the skyline will look entirely different from down on the Liberty Bridge and RiverPlace. I really hope that the new design for The Tower at Falls and Broad will include a dramatic rooftop and more floors. It would be nice to put to rest the debate on whether it will be the tallest building in the State or not. But either way, I don't think the original design is all that bad really - just needs some sprucing up on top, IMO. :)

As I understand it and according to the rumor mill, Starbucks is coming to Downtowwn and has signed a lease for a yet to be announced location at RiverPlace

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had heard about this months from to seperate parties but I wasn't at liberty to share at that time, plust it was still in the works, it was one of the things I had been trying to hint at over the last few months with out sharing beucase I had not yet heard that it was a done deal. But from I understand they will be in the Office building with Marsh on Main St. just left of the main st. entrance.

This Article from The Greenville News today, is very exciting.  It tells of the guidelines by the City which will make the streets more beautiful.  Read it and then post. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that article Skyliner. Its great news to hear that Greenville is thinking about issues like this the areas outside the CBD. Funny that there were posts going around on this same subject on Augusta St. so recently. Makes you think the City is reading UP and reacting to our concerns :D

THIS ARTICLE in the Greenville News is an exciting report on the expansion of Fall For Greenville.  The already massive festival is planning to grow into the West End (incl. Falls Park and beyond) this year! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm curious...if the festival itself is going to extend on down SOBRO (South of Broad) into the West End, where will the bike races be held this year? OR...will there be any bike races? That's always been one of my favorite parts of Fall for Greenville.

Does anybody know about the status of the races?

Does anybody know if construction has started on the Camperdown Condos? I haven't driven by there in the past few months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drove down by Linky Stone Park this afternoon and from what I could tell, no construction has begun yet. However, it does look as if some activity is taking place at the Kroc Center site, if I'm not mistaken.

Plans have been in the works for 6 months and the Contractor is expected to be Harper Corporation.  As I wrote earlier, they have planned 6-8 residences in the 1600 - 1800 sq ft range on the top/third floor.  One office user on the second floor and retail on the street level with shops opening on thee Piazza and Main.  The "bridge" will also come down as a part of this project to better connect the Bank of America building to Main Street

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spoke with the developer last week and they are now planning three residential units on the fourth floor ranging from 1500+ to 1650+ and will have 500+ sq ft patios. Prices will be in the $275 --285 per sq ft range and finishes above average for Dowtown units

A while back I heard that a phase 2 of the lofts at Mills Mill would be added.  Is this still in the works???  I wonder if they are having trouble selling the current units.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a phase two being discussed , but it will not be built this year. Depends on the market. They have sold 100+ units and 14 remain. It has been very successful by anyone's opinion.