New Greenville developments

gs3

A week or two back, the TBA column of the Gville Journal said a Main St. bar was recently sold and would undergo renovations. Another forumer stated they hoped it was Tassey's, which is on the corner of Main and E. North. It has the turquise awning and upper stories.

Well, I drove by it this morning. The name "Tassey's" has been covered up on the awning and a "City Tavern" sign is attached to the building now. Apparently, Tassey's was the bar in question. Hopefully that ugly awning/fascade will be gone soon.

A week or two back, the TBA column of the Gville Journal said a Main St. bar was recently sold and would undergo renovations. Another forumer stated they hoped it was Tassey's, which is on the corner of Main and E. North. It has the turquise awning and upper stories.

Well, I drove by it this morning. The name "Tassey's" has been covered up on the awning and a "City Tavern" sign is attached to the building now. Apparently, Tassey's was the bar in question. Hopefully that ugly awning/fascade will be gone soon.

YES!! :D

Let's just hope the owners of "City Tavern" (nice name, by the way) don't just leave the awning. Ha ha.

Is this the same "City Tavern" that has a few locations in Charlotte? It's a good place; moderately upscale.

If it is the same City Tavern out of Charlotte, they are pretty nice. I've been in the one in Dilworth several times. This would seem a big departure from the current Tassey's image.

Check out City Tavern at:

http://www.city-tavern.com

My understanding is the building was sold to a group of local owners who plan to renovate the second floor for offices and then renovate the upper floor to residences. I have no idea what their time frame is.

My understanding also is that Tassly was sold to one of the bartenders and is independently owned by him.

As far as I know their is no ties to the City tavern in Charlotte.

Where is the Preserve located GvilleSC? Is it right off Parkins Mill Road? I can't place it.

It's actually not. If you turn off of Laurens onto Henderson (that redlight infront of Sam's), then it's past Annacy Park (or whatever) on your left and eventually on your right too! drive by sometime- they've put in some nice signage and a great little traffic circle that's landscaped.

Was reading the new GSA business today and saw this...

"Able Constructors was awarded the contract by West End Cottages LLC to supervise construction of 13 condominium and townhome residences on Howe St. in Greenville's West End. The units will be housed in two seperate structures. Project architect is LTC Architects of Columbia."

Anybody have any idea what this is, or where, or any details at all?

"Able Constructors was awarded the contract by West End Cottages LLC to supervise construction of 13 condominium and townhome residences on Howe St. in Greenville's West End. The units will be housed in two seperate structures. Project architect is LTC Architects of Columbia."

On my map, which is very old, Howe St is fully inside Haynie-Sirrine, specifically the area between Augusta Rd. and Church St.

Howe Street ends at Haynie St. The city is in the process of closing some alleys off of Haynie. Maybe that has something to do with it. This sounds like one of the Haynie-Sirrine projects the city has been involved with.

This may be on the lot recently leveled very near the Govenor's School and Falls Park. It is directly across from Greenville County EMS headquarters in the back corner of County Square. Just a guess, but I wondered why the road was blocked for construction over the past month or more.

I saw a short clip on WYFF stating that the Fresh Market is back in the works. The developer filed for a rezoning application for the HWY14 & Woodruff Rd. location. They described it as a town center with a funeral home, public library, Fresh Market and a bank. :yahoo:

I also noticed it in the Metro section of the Greenville News. They added that those who opposed it before don't see a big difference from the last time. They don't believe that a development should be so close to a cemetery. I'm going to stop here so that I don't say something inappropriate and insensitive about that. :D

Most of you know that I love the Fresh market, and I've said before how I'd love to see one this close to my home. Now, adding a library... :wub: Please let this one make it.

They added that those who opposed it before don't see a big difference from the last time. They don't believe that a development should be so close to a cemetery. I'm going to stop here so that I don't say something inappropriate and insensitive about that. :D

Never being one to refrain from stating my opinion, I'd just like to say that those people have obviously never been to Downtown Boston. :whistling: