New Greenville developments

gs3

Boston and Charleston have so many comparisons, its scary. I'd love for Greenville to take a few notes on urban planning from New England. Just the other night, I was driving up Rt93 heading toward Somerville, and its amazing just how big Boston is, but the real lack of sprawl. I know that if they did it, we can do it too. What I'm saying is lets have town squares. One area I wish that I had gotten a picture of is Stoughton, right off of Rt24, near Brockton. They just opened up a Home Depot, Costco, BJ's, Kohls, Olive Garden, Smokey Bones, IKEA, Bobs Furniture, etc. You can't see it from the highway, but its right on the highway, living right along with residential areas. When I asked, they didn't put up much stink when they wanted to put up these stores, so I'm trying to think of what can we learn from up there that we need to iplement down here. A lot of the problem here is greedy developers and suburban NIMBY's.

Does anybody know the start date for Villagio Verde? By there today and there was some small earthmoving equipment on the land between the 385 service road and the new urbanism development behind. Definitely the Villagio Verde land. Looked like there were brush piles where trees were starting to be cleared.

I have no timelines, it would not be real soon though.

Two of the structures may never happen, their locations could be purchased and then the buyer could do what ever they want, but they arn't that big of a deal compares to the other thing, it is huge.

I decided if I play 20 questions you might get it, so I won't do that. No it is not ICAR related.

bummer, i was hoping for something else to be poping up along 85 :( . oh well... hmmm let's see...

Ok, well it's obviously downtown, i'm asuming. Is it a large development down by the baseball stadium??? ;)

Or... some awesome international company locating here and creating 10,000 jobs and locating in a new really tall tower downtown that can not be delayed and will most definitely be SC's tallest for years to come!??!?!?!! OH, I bet that's it!

bummer, i was hoping for something else to be poping up along 85 :( . oh well... hmmm let's see...

Ok, well it's obviously downtown, i'm asuming. Is it a large development down by the baseball stadium??? ;)

Or... some awesome international company locating here and creating 10,000 jobs and locating in a new really tall tower downtown that can not be delayed and will most definitely be SC's tallest for years to come!??!?!?!! OH, I bet that's it!

:rofl:

Two of the structures may never happen, their locations could be purchased and then the buyer could do what ever they want, but they arn't that big of a deal compares to the other thing, it is huge.

You're not talking about the Tower at Falls and Broad, the Tower at Broad and Main, and the Kroc Center, are you? :rofl: