New Greenville developments

gs3

Of the two things things I mentioned, I will tell you of the lessor, I was never told it was a secret or anything anyways. I saw redevelopemnt plans for a few blocks downtown the other day. There were three blocks shown, all three were adjacent. One of them is a parking lot now, bordered by Spring, Coffee and E. North St. there were drawings for a 5 story building. Not tall, but it had lots of square footage, I think it was over 200,000 sf. I almost didn't bring it up becuase the lot could be purchased and it might not ever happen, unless they were to get a big tennant in advance.

Of the two things things I mentioned, I will tell you of the lessor, I was never told it was a secret or anything anyways. I saw redevelopemnt plans for a few blocks downtown the other day. There were three blocks shown, all three were adjacent. One of them is a parking lot now, bordered by Spring, Coffee and E. North St. there were drawings for a 5 story building. Not tall, but it had lots of square footage, I think it was over 200,000 sf. I almost didn't bring it up becuase the lot could be purchased and it might not ever happen, unless they were to get a big tennant in advance.

:yahoo: that would be some awesome density where it's most definitely lacking now!!! And to think... THREE blocks of redevelopment is the lesser of the projects... AHHHHHH! :w00t:

I hope someone else purchases the property or this developer changes those plans. 200,000 square feet in a five story building is a waste of prime downtown property, IMO. What style of building was portrayed in the drawings? I would also like to see part of the block across Spring Street from this property be redeveloped into better street-level retail. It has great untapped potential. ;)

Bordered by Spring Street, Coffee Street, and E. North Street? Did this extend all the way to Church Street? That would be two blocks. If it extended all the way to North Main, that'd still be two blocks. I'm not extremely spatial, so maybe I'm overlooking a block here. Or is it just this parking lot that's bordered by the three? That's got to be it. So, if I had to guess, it's the three blocks between E. North Street and the NBSC Building. With the building at the E. North Street end looking a lot like the NBSC Building, this would make sense, too. It'm starting to get a visual. This could potentially be pretty cool, depending on what's in between the two and their use. :unsure:

Edited by RestedTraveler

The more i think about it, and imagine the building that you're describing... i'm having second thoughts. This would be a great place for something better. Several building of different height would be great, but nonetheless, i'll accept it with open arms if it's built.

But what do you think btoy? you've seen it in a rendering...

It is a nice idea, but I think using up nearly an entire block with a 5-story, 200,000sf building would be giving up future space for additional potentially large development. A 200,000 square foot building in Greenville is usually built more vertically than that. It is indeed lots of space, but spread out over too large an area, IMO. :)

I'm picturing this as the area between E. North, Coffee, Church and Brown. This area is mostly parking lots. I say bring it on, I'm tired of seeing all that surface parking. Not every lot DT is going to have a high rise, nor should it. Most companies prefer large floor plates rather than have there staff spread out over multiple floors.

I would like to see street level retail incorporated into this though, but perhaps it is already.

It sounds like there aren't a any tenants lined up yet, so don't get your hopes up too much.

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on some developments going on...

Has demolition begun on the McBee Apartments? or what's happening on that site currently?

Is progess being made on the Main at Washington block? Has that building started coming down yet?

How is the Street Scaping of N. Main coming along? Is there a projection date of completion?

Thanks, it's difficult being away.

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on some developments going on...

Has demolition begun on the McBee Apartments? or what's happening on that site currently?

Is progess being made on the Main at Washington block? Has that building started coming down yet?

How is the Street Scaping of N. Main coming along? Is there a projection date of completion?

Thanks, it's difficult being away.

No the McBee apartments still stand, as do the buildings at Main and Washington. BUT, today I went in to BofA Plaza and in the Lobby they have a cardboard model showing the knew buildings going up where the parking lot and parking garage now stand. Also it shows the redesign of the Piazza Bergamo and it shows the Plaza at Bergamo.

Also, a few weeks ago I saw in the paper in the real estate deals section that said Pavilion had purhcased the Woolworths building. I assume that means they have gotten the whole thing now.

No the McBee apartments still stand, as do the buildings at Main and Washington. BUT, today I went in to BofA Plaza and in the Lobby they have a cardboard model showing the knew buildings going up where the parking lot and parking garage now stand. Also it shows the redesign of the Piazza Bergamo and it shows the Plaza at Bergamo.

Also, a few weeks ago I saw in the paper in the real estate deals section that said Pavilion had purhcased the Woolworths building. I assume that means they have gotten the whole thing now.

Thanks for the heads up Brad, I will have to get by there. The Journal out today said that a development agreement on the BofA parking garage was expected in mid-November.

I hope that Pavilion has the entire building, but if that were true, I would have expected to read about it somewhere, TBA or someplace. SOunds like we will know soon.

The Greenville News, Greenville Journal and GSA Business all have a section where you can send in your commercial real estate transactions to be printed. I saw it in two of these publications. The way it was stated made it sound like the whole building. But I really don't know for sure. I know how to find out though, I'll get back to you on this one.

Just as a note of interest the building that contains the subway and the baitshack on main street has sold according to the listing realtor.Now maybe some one will clean the Baitshack! (Home of the most graphic graffiti in town and the best oyster poboy)

I hope someone else purchases the property or this developer changes those plans. 200,000 square feet in a five story building is a waste of prime downtown property, IMO. What style of building was portrayed in the drawings? I would also like to see part of the block across Spring Street from this property be redeveloped into better street-level retail. It has great untapped potential. ;)

I went back and looked at the develompment proposal again and it turns out it is two buildings with a court yard and parking between them. I think that is becuase a small sliver of the lot right in the middle was sold off at one time.