New Greenville developments

gs3

Now that's certainly a development! :thumbsup: Hopefully there will be more L.E.D. lights like the Westin Poinsett used last year. Those were cool (not to mention the energy savings).

The Westin had lights up last year? Were they outside?

I do love Christmas time in Downtown! And a great addition would be an ice rink... :rolleyes:

The Westin had lights up last year? Were they outside?

They were on the tree that was out front, not on the building itself. :P The tree, I suppose, was technically part of the Festival of Trees last year, but it was sponsored by the Westin Poinsett, I believe.

I agree 100% That would be a huge draw to bring people downtown to do their Christmas Shopping. :thumbsup: Piazza Bergamo would be a perfect location for one.

I like the lights downtown, but am not a fan of the lights they use on some of the highrises. The multi-colored lights on the two Insignia buildings are ugly if you ask me, and the strip of lights around the Landmark building doesn't look too great either. Is there something else that can be done instead (especially in the case of the multi-colored lights on the Insiginia buildings)?

Some new info on the development Renaissance at the falls ( The big clearing above Cleveland park near the airplane). It has been renamed Ridgeland at the park[url=http://www.ridgelandatthepark.com/] and has a new site plan and floor plans and will have new elevations also. The building are not quite as close together as before and supposedly each building will have a different exterior. I was told that the design goal was to make the development appear to be a neighbourhood of large individual houses. Should be an improvement over the original plan.

I noticed something today with the storefront at 125 N. Main, which is between Bentley's used bookstore and the Sunshine Shop (corner of Main and W. North).

This has been an attorney's office , Moorhead was the name. The Name plate has been removed from the building. Has anyone seen this address in the property transfers? Maybe the attorney finally decided to leave and it will go retail. I hope so. An office of any kind is a waste in such a prime spot.

• 2 weeks later...

The Davenport is well underway for it's new luxury condominiums! :thumbsup: All the windows have been knocked out and the inside looks stripped. Great view of this atop the Washington St Parking Deck.

Also, the Brio on Church Street makes huge advancements everytime I see it. AWESOME!

The Davenport has been condo for years. 10 years at least. Either the owners have collectively decided to upgrade their windows, or the building in question is not the Davenport.

This is not the same Davenport. The furniture store on Main that is being converted to Condos Stretches all the way to Laruens St. at the GTA parking Deck, it is being converted to luxery condos from a furniture store. I think it will be called Park Place on Main or something like that becuase their is a court yard between the two buildings.

Also on Laurens the building next to the Davenport is being converted to Office Condos.

This is not the same Davenport. The furniture store on Main that is being converted to Condos Stretches all the way to Laruens St. at the GTA parking Deck, it is being converted to luxery condos from a furniture store. I think it will be called Park Place on Main or something like that becuase their is a court yard between the two buildings.

Also on Laurens the building next to the Davenport is being converted to Office Condos.

YEa, that's right. Those are the ones i was referring to. Sorry for the confusion. But, yea, the building says: "Davenport" haha, but it is the Park Place on Main.

This will be a great view once the Villagio Verde Project is complete! I think it might be a little farther left than this picture actually goes... (maybe not) but anyway, I've always thought it was a neat view of the Haywood/Pelham area up there. Looks like a little mountain-side city almost and kind of dense... kinda. Just thought I'd share.

greenville011.jpg

^ I've always liked that view. There's a spot on Laurens Road when you are inbound, that shows this view off to perfection. Did you take the photo GvilleSC? From Laurens?

I did and it was taken from Laurens. It rained a few days before, so there were some awesomely clear views of it... but i waited to long I guess and it's a bit hazy.

I have confirmation that a Zaxby's is going to Church St. where the old Buger King is.

Also, I noticed today that there are signs calling for a Reginal Shopping Center at Pelham, I-85 and Garlington. This is the truck terminal site.

This is the web address on the signs http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.com, the company is Crescent Retail.

Click here to see PDF package on Development

Edited by btoy

Also, I noticed today that there are signs calling for a Reginal Shopping Center at Pelham, I-85 and Garlington. This is the truck terminal site.

This is the web address on the signs http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.com, the company is Crescent Retail.

Thanks for the info Btoy! :thumbsup: With this addition, Pelham Road will become a fairly major shopping area. Add this to the new Earth Fare, the new Ashton Village and shops along The Parkway. I agree with NYT, something will need to be done with this interchange....it's already a mess and this shopping hasn't even come online. Any idea of the stores? The site plan shows several outparcels, so I assume several new restaurants as well?

I noticed that same sign a couple days ago while traveling home. Thanks for the link to the PDF, btoy! Looks interesting. Is there actually a need for another hotel in that area? With the plans underway for at least three new large hotels at Woodruff and I-85, and the ones currently at Pelham, it will be interesting to see what will go into that spot. The shopping center doesn't look too big, but hopefully it will attract only reputable businesses, especially considering the surrounding neighborhood.

That is not all, I heard a while back that the shopping center with the biloe intends to expand.

I have no clue on any companies, but looks like a second restaurant row with al those out parcels.

I do remember reading something about Milestone Plaza expanding some months ago. There was an article in The Greenville News about it along with the relocating CVS and new Spinx on the former HomeGold site. The developer was interested in bringing in more specialty shops.

On the new development...

Anchor - +/-145,000

N - +/- 40,000

O - +/- 60,000

P - +/- 40,000

Q - +/- 50,000

The anchor space is about the same of an average Target. If Target, it is not as bad as Walmart and something that would do fairly well in the immediate area.

N is a freestanding building. I could imagine a sporting goods store, a Publix, or an office supply sotre going in. Even though there's a Publix 1.5 miles away on The Parkway, it can really be convenient for communities down Garlington Road.

O, P, and Q is where some other box retailers and specialty shops may locate.

The anchor space is about the same of an average Target. If Target, it is not as bad as Walmart and something that would do fairly well in the immediate area.

Yea, but this is right smack dab in the middle between the Target in Taylors and the Target on Woodruff Road. It's also too close to other Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc. as well. This is why Costco jumped into my head when I saw that spot on the plan.

I have confirmation that a Zaxby's is going to Church St. where the old Buger King is.

I noticed on the PDF the demographics shown by shades of green. This shopping center is on small strip of commercial land that sits in between dark green (75k plus average income) to the north and the south. Perfect spot for a center! :thumbsup: The money is there.

Yea, but this is right smack dab in the middle between the Target in Taylors and the Target on Woodruff Road. It's also too close to other Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart, etc. as well. This is why Costco jumped into my head when I saw that spot on the plan.

I do not know how well the likes of a wholesale club like Costco would do on Pelham Road. I see them often located near malls or lifestyle centers.

From the location, Target's Taylors location is atleast six miles away and the Woodruff Road location is atleast four miles away. The dense population and higher income in the immediate area is enough to warrant one. It is a risk worth taking.