New Greenville developments

gs3

I was super excited about this when i read the headline, I still think it was great, but at first I thought it meant they were brining more Business Realted Grad programs to Greenville. About the onlu Business Grad programs local are MBA's. Everybody gets one of those this day. What about people or whant to get a Masters in something like Finance or Economics but want to stay in Greenville. I do not think the opportunity is available.

I'd personally like to see Clemson offer E-Commerce or Information Systems Management Graduate Programs downtown. They've had trouble getting people interested in these programs to go to Clemson, from what I understand and Clemson might actually see these take flight if they were to offer them in Downtown Greenville.

What about people or whant to get a Masters in something like Finance or Economics but want to stay in Greenville. I do not think the opportunity is available.

It isn't. The closest is USC, but not really. Some classes for their grad programs can be taken at USC-Upstate.

There's an article in The Greenville News today about the new ad agency from NC that will be opening a Greenville office. Basically they are coming in to take over Henderson's hole that it left. The article said that they might open their office in the West End! How exciting!? More people working downtown?!!?!

which kind of makes me wonder... With the influx of people working in the West End, do you think there will be a need to create an easier way to get there? Most people probably use 385 or some other route that dumps you downtown in the North Main area. There's a lot of lights and congestion that sits between you and your final destination if that's the case. am I being unrealistic? Is there a need? or will there be? is it possible? Any ideas or thoughts? :) Academy Street just is frustrating...

Edited by GvilleSC

I was driving down 385 today and the Villagio Verde signs are gone :cry: I wonder if this means that it has been dismissed or construction will start soon????

:blink: huh

I wonder! I certainly hope not! That's going to be such a great thing for midtown Greenville... and 385! Hopefully they're starting construction ??? I hope :cry:

I was driving down 385 today and the Villagio Verde signs are gone :cry: I wonder if this means that it has been dismissed or construction will start soon????

I think this a good sign! I was on 385 this morning and some major ground excavating has started. The hill is being dug out and the ground leveled. Some sort of site prep is going on, so either it's Villagio Verde, or they've sold the land and it's something entirely new we don't know about. Either way, something is obviously happening on this spot. :thumbsup:

I was wondering, there is a strip of land on the North side of 385 (on the right if you are going into DT) between Stone ave and pleasantburg. The land sits between houses and the highway, so it may only be a buffer, and it is narow in places. But, it looks likr there is plenty of room for some type of developments there, anybody think anything will ever go there?

btoy, any specifics on the office park?

I was wondering, there is a strip of land on the North side of 385 (on the right if you are going into DT) between Stone ave and pleasantburg. The land sits between houses and the highway, so it may only be a buffer, and it is narow in places. But, it looks likr there is plenty of room for some type of developments there, anybody think anything will ever go there?

The city has plans to add landscaping in this area, but the space is somewhat limited because of the Duke power line right of way that runs through. I think it would be best to keep it as a buffer. It would benefit the neighborhood by screening out noise and views to the highway, and create a nicer entrance into downtown.

It isn't. The closest is USC, but not really. Some classes for their grad programs can be taken at USC-Upstate.

True. Though you can do Economics at Clemson. I wouldn't be suprised to see Upstate's grad program take on MBAs in the future. they have a pretty good business school as it is.

I'm from the Upstate but we live in Romania right now ....what actually defines "midtown" for Greenville?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong; however, I believe that what's referred to as "midtown" is that area bordered by Pelham Road, Haywood Road, Pleasantburg Drive, and Laurens Road, with I-385 going right through the heart of it all.

True. Though you can do Economics at Clemson. I wouldn't be suprised to see Upstate's grad program take on MBAs in the future. they have a pretty good business school as it is.

The economics program at Clemson isn't really suited towards part-time study, USC's is more part-time student friendly, probably because they need to be. I believe there are USC & Clemson MBA programs offered at the University Center.

I saw the office park on loopnet.com (i think that is the site i saw it on) it was like 5 suburban style office buildings with pitched roofs, you know the offices that look more like houses than offices. And they underground parking was built in to the gully. I think the buildings were like 2 stories on the outside and three on the inside. Not sure if that makes sense, they have a walk out level on two different levels.

I may be behind with this post, but has anyone noticed the Coming Soon banners at the former Tiki Bob's location? They say that some 'Dixie Tavern' will be in that space before long.

I heard an ad on the radio for that... great news for the Hyatt area. glad to see entertainment returning to this location.

Here's an interesting topic that came to me recently. I've been noticing new little health spas going in all over Greenville. Anyone else seen any of them? Many times you may actually look at one and not realize what it is, but with so many new ones opening up at the same time, I thought it was interesting enough to mention. They normally are quality upfits or renovations. Apparently there must be a market for them locally. :shades:

Edit: We should get photos of the ones we've seen.

Well, as far as the little health spas, there are 3 open/constructing within a mile of each other on my side of town. (Thornblade/Parkway Area) And theres that Urban Nirvana spa @ Greenridge.

And time for a new announcement of a Greenville development ! (be prepared for more fun lingo b/c I CANNOT give details about anything other than what it mentioned below) Well actually it's a GSP project between two trial - lawyer utopias . Through a combonation of pork greenbacks and deity centered bread it is planned to construct a facility to economicly contrast the upstate rememberance center. It gets harder to write these things every time I do it. Good luck getting it.

Well, as far as the little health spas, there are 3 open/constructing within a mile of each other on my side of town. (Thornblade/Parkway Area) And theres that Urban Nirvana spa @ Greenridge.

And time for a new announcement of a Greenville development ! (be prepared for more fun lingo b/c I CANNOT give details about anything other than what it mentioned below) Well actually it's a GSP project between two trial - lawyer utopias . Through a combonation of pork greenbacks and deity centered bread it is planned to construct a facility to economicly contrast the upstate rememberance center. It gets harder to write these things every time I do it. Good luck getting it.

Alright, how bout if we all try to figure out what Cafealotofguy is talking about.

1) A GSP project. That must mean it's in Greenville/Spartanburg. Wouldn't refer to the airport would it?

2) Two trial lawyer utopias. I'm stumped.

3) A combonation of pork greenbacks and deity centered bread. Government funding and angel investors?

4) Economicly contrast? Got me there.

5) Upstate remembrance center. Museum?