New Greenville developments

gs3

Here's an interesting topic that came to me recently. I've been noticing new little health spas going in all over Greenville. Anyone else seen any of them? Many times you may actually look at one and not realize what it is, but with so many new ones opening up at the same time, I thought it was interesting enough to mention. They normally are quality upfits or renovations. Apparently there must be a market for them locally. :shades:

Edit: We should get photos of the ones we've seen.

I just noticed one on Wade Hampton near Henry's Smokehouse today. They are popping up all over. :shok:

And time for a new announcement of a Greenville development ! (be prepared for more fun lingo b/c I CANNOT give details about anything other than what it mentioned below) Well actually it's a GSP project between two trial - lawyer utopias . Through a combonation of pork greenbacks and deity centered bread it is planned to construct a facility to economicly contrast the upstate rememberance center. It gets harder to write these things every time I do it. Good luck getting it.

Can you tell us where it will be located?

Edited by g-man430

Alright, how bout if we all try to figure out what Cafealotofguy is talking about.

1) A GSP project. That must mean it's in Greenville/Spartanburg. Wouldn't refer to the airport would it?

2) Two trial lawyer utopias. I'm stumped.

3) A combonation of pork greenbacks and deity centered bread. Government funding and angel investors?

4) Economicly contrast? Got me there.

5) Upstate remembrance center. Museum?

Hmmm, I take it that this new "development" is/was being funded by 1) the state, as in "pork barrel spending"...so one of the Upstate politicians must be pushing for it, and 2) by funds from churches in the area? Maybe its a visitor's center? Well that wouldn't make sense in regards to the church part of funding I mentioned? Beats the hmmpf out of me!

I just noticed one on Wade Hampton near Henry's Smokehouse today. They are popping up all over. :shok:

I noticed a couple new ones on Pelham as well, along with a couple others I can't recall.

Alright, how bout if we all try to figure out what Cafealotofguy is talking about.

1) A GSP project. That must mean it's in Greenville/Spartanburg. Wouldn't refer to the airport would it?

2) Two trial lawyer utopias. I'm stumped.

3) A combonation of pork greenbacks and deity centered bread. Government funding and angel investors?

4) Economicly contrast? Got me there.

5) Upstate remembrance center. Museum?

Could it be the International Center that was envisioned in the 2025 document? It was supposed to be located near GSP, I believe. That could explain #s 4 & 5. :unsure:

Here's something to hope and watch out for... There's a large lot and house for sale on East Parkins Mill Rd. They're asking around 2-something million... with a price like that, they must be hoping for developers to buy..? but anyway, hopefully we'll see more infill coming to Greenville. A dense housing development to boost the city's population figs? If only I had the money... :rolleyes:

This may have been mentioned before and I may have missed it, but...

Does anybody know what's going on between the Bi-Lo (former Harris Teeter) and Roper Mountain Extension along Roper Mountain Road? That property has been sitting idle/vacant for years and now all of a sudden, lots of site work is taking place.

This may have been mentioned before and I may have missed it, but...

Does anybody know what's going on between the Bi-Lo (former Harris Teeter) and Roper Mountain Extension along Roper Mountain Road? That property has been sitting idle/vacant for years and now all of a sudden, lots of site work is taking place.

I was wondering the same thing.

I was thinking that there was a Construction Thread for The Preserve at Parkins Mill... but I guess not. If you havent driven through this neighborhood, you really should check out the progress in person! It's really coming along nicely. There's ten homes currently under construction or completed in phase one and I noticed today that another lot seemed to be being cleared or its trees. Here's some pictures or the progress:

random012.jpg

And I hope they like their neighbors! this is a very dense development (this phot hardly does justice)

random013.jpg

Land is finally being cleared on the property fronting I-85 near the new Harley Davidson Greenville. A sign with "SOLD" written across the realtor information has stood there unchanged for several months now, so it is great to see some movement on the site. I wonder if it will be the location for The PLEX?

I don't know if this is the best place for my post, but what is going on with the Young Fashions building? It is empty now that the Drive merchandise is being sold at the ballpark, and I was wondering if it will be torn down soon. It also looks like all of the second-floor offices overlooking Piazza Bergamo have been vacated. Could we be seeing these structures torn down in the very near future as part of the Piazza Bergamo/BofA redevelopment, or is it too soon for that?

Well a year ago, we had thought they were coming down soon, but obviously they stand unchanged today - just like many other downtown properties we had hoped to see changed. I will not hide my disappointment in the City for holding public meetings about the Piazza on weekdays, around noon. So we wait for who knows how much longer. :(

I'm guessing here, but does it involve the new hotel going downtown? :dontknow: Seeing how you said we know about it and the official announcement of it comes out tomorrow, I don't see anything else it could be.

Edited by g-man430