New Greenville developments

gs3

On tuesday I leave for Alaska for about 11 days. Last year when I went there were tons of annoncements while I was gone. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

How many have actually remained solid though? I can't recall the projects, but I do remember how enjoyable that was. :D

On tuesday I leave for Alaska for about 11 days. Last year when I went there were tons of annoncements while I was gone. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

Yes, I rememeber. McBee Station was announced for one. Have a safe and fun trip. I am jealous. I haven't made it there yet, and you have gone more than once. No fair :angry:

Hopefully it is for vacation and not work. We will keep our fingers crossed that a lot of big announcements are made while you are away. I hope you are aware that if there are indeed big announcements while you are gone to Alaska, we are going to make you go every year. :lol:

I suppose everyone must be on vacation today. Traffic is rather slow. :rolleyes:

I have been forgetting to mention that the former Maureen's location on Main Street (next to Marble Slab Creamery and Sharkey's Pub) finally has a new roof overhead. Is this where Rosalinda's downtown cafe is supposed to go? I have forgotten what was said before.

Another interesting bit of info is that there is a very nice billboard advertisement next to the Church Street bridge (seen going south) for the awesome Acadia development near Powdersville. Shown is a gigantic full-color rendering of The Village. Beautiful! :shades:

I suppose everyone must be on vacation today. Traffic is rather slow. :rolleyes:

I have been forgetting to mention that the former Maureen's location on Main Street (next to Marble Slab Creamery and Sharkey's Pub) finally has a new roof overhead. Is this where Rosalinda's downtown cafe is supposed to go? I have forgotten what was said before.

Another interesting bit of info is that there is a very nice billboard advertisement next to the Chuch Street bridge (seen going south) for the awesome Acadia development near Powdersville. Shown is a gigantic full-color rendering of The Village. Beautiful! :shades:

Rosalinda's downtown would be wonderful. i love the Pleasantburg location. it is one of the best, most interesting restaurants around. :D

Rosalinda's downtown would be wonderful. i love the Pleasantburg location. it is one of the best, most interesting restaurants around. :D

Rosalinda's will definitely be downtown, but we aren't sure exactly where. My understanding is that it will be "upscale Mexican." Should be a great new addition to downtown! :thumbsup:

Per Carlos, the deal to go into the old Carpenter Brothers space didn't pan out. They are still looking downtown, just haven't decided on a space.

Hi all,

Below is list of all the projects that I know are currently happening or are in the works in Greenville. If I know the website for the project, I've listed it. There is alot of activity going on in the upstate...please add additional projects you know of.

1. Camperdown Condos - Located downtown on the Reedy River. Aprox 7 floor midrise (www.harpercorp.com/camperdowncondos.php)

2. The Lofts at Mills Mill - Multi floor mill refurbished into lofts. On Church Street near Augusta Road. (www.millsmill.com)

3. The Bookends - Downtown on McBee - 8 Floor

4. Wachovia Place - Downtown on Main. Just completed. Apartments are rented, still some available retail space on ground level.

5. Poinsett Corners - Downtown - Loft and retail with some "Liveworks" available.

(www.harpercorp.com/poinsettcorners.php)

6. Brio - On Church Street where the old 7 floor Ramada is. There is a large tarp over the side of the building with a rendering. (www.chooseauction.com)

7. Villagio Verde - On 385 between Pleasantburg and Haywood - 3 to 7 floors - Italian Village of condos, retail, offices (www.villagio-verde.com)

8. Bellagio Gardone - Condos on Paris Mountain at Montebello - (www.nealprince.com/pages/bellagiogardone.html)

9. Main @ McBee - Downtown midrise office, condo, retail (www.kdsproperties.com/properties)

10. Riverplace - On the Reedy River, Downtown (Westend) - Office, retail, condos

Multiple websites...one is (www.55riverplace.com)

11. The Shops at Greenridge - Power Center / Lifestyle Center in the 385/85/Woodruff triangle. Many stores new to Greenville or opening a 2nd location....Barnes & Noble 2nd location, Best Buy moving there, Total Wines & More new to Greenville, Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill new to Greenville (www.Crosland.com)

12. Shops at the Point - On Woodruff Road at The Point development near Millenium Campus and ICAR - New to Greenville will be Whole Foods as anchor. Upscale lifestyle center.

13. ICAR - International Center for Automotive Research and Millinium Campus.

First two buildings are under construction (BMW Research and Clemson educational building). Dodged the barricades and drove through last Sunday....WORLD CLASS! Landscaping is impecable, all bridges are stone, bike lanes, sidewalks and greenways for jogging, etc. Saw the steel skeleton of the BMW building....taking shape. Interesting note....they left the abandoned railroad tracks and did really incredibly nice crossing....looked more like a "Light Rail" line. I know Greenville has been looking at purchasing some North-South abandoned lines for future light rail.....ICAR sure looks like it's in the plans to receive light rail.

14. Greenville Hospital Patewood Campus - Between 385 and Pelham. Major additon. 150 bed addition, offices, parking deck. Steel skeleton going up now.

15. Greenville Hospital Systems building a new Greer Campus. Hospital, assisted living, daycare, residential, retail, offices. Multi acre. Off highway 14. Ground has been broken and sign with rendering up.

16. St. Francis Womens & Childrens on Patewood - Addition

17. Hubbell Lighting new Corp Headquarters and showroom.

18. GSP Airport access road being 4 laned, new lanscaping, new signage, new interchange with I-85 (also in the same project a 2nd BMW interchange). Major interchange with access (local) lanes and express lanes (like 85 near the Augusta Road area).

19. I-385 rebuild continues.

20. Walgreens distro center - Off I-85 (technically in Anderson County). Will employee aprox 500 to 750. Size will be something like 700,000 sq ft.

21. Baseball! The Bombers want to move here, the Diamond Jaxx want to move here and now this past week an announcement that Mandalay Entertainment Group (who owns multiple baseball teams) wants to build a 27 million stadium and move one of their teams here. Mandalay would pay the entire 27 million. We'll see what happens. (www.mandalay.com)

Please add to the list!

Wow, thats wonderful for Greenville!!!!!As far as i see, its dowtown is going to be booming in no time.I believe that ICAR project is really going to help Greenville a lot. Sometimes people over look this city in SC.Well eventually, its going to get its recognition.

For More information on Value Place, click here to access the official website. This should be interesting. Thanks for the heads up, g-man430. :)

I checked the Properties page and there appear to be a total of 7 locations in this state that are either open, under-construction, or planned. Charleston has two under construction and one planned. Columbia has one under construction in Elgin. Aiken has one planned, as does Greenville. The only open location in SC currently is in Myrtle Beach.

For More information on Value Place, click here to access the official website. This should be interesting. Thanks for the heads up, g-man430. :)

I checked the Properties page and there appear to be a total of 7 locations in this state that are either open, under-construction, or planned. Charleston has two under construction and one planned. Columbia has one under construction in Elgin. Aiken has one planned, as does Greenville. The only open location in SC currently is in Myrtle Beach.

The Upstate will get four Value Place hotels.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs..../606140408/1003

Totalling 420,000-square-feet, the Liberty Square High-rises are in the midst of being sold to Florida Realty Investments, Inc., according to GSABusiness Journal. June 22 could be the earliest closing date.

"We like Greenville as a place to invest as well as a place to spend time," says Jonathon Cameron-Hayes, a principal with FRI Investors Inc. The firm purchased the 200,000-square-foot Wachovia Place on South Main Street in Greenville in 2005.

This is major news, and probably what was creating so much interest for Bob Ellis and Pinnacle on Main, one could guess. :shades:

FRI Investors Inc. official website and info on Wachovia Place.

I would be surprised if these existing buildings have anything to do with Bob Ellis's plans. I assume that the two Liberty Square buildings will remain the same in appearance, despite new ownership. Skyliner, were you wondering if Bob Ellis had been trying to purchase these to change them somehow for one of his projects? I'm having trouble seeing how they factor into any of his plans.

I would be surprised if these existing buildings have anything to do with Bob Ellis's plans. I assume that the two Liberty Square buildings will remain the same in appearance, despite new ownership. Skyliner, were you wondering if Bob Ellis had been trying to purchase these to change them somehow for one of his projects? I'm having trouble seeing how they factor into any of his plans.

Looking at the beautiful work done to enhance the appeal of the Wachovia building (into Wachovia Place), I would expect these new owners to get working on "selling" their new acquisition to prospective tennants. It is only speculative on my part, but that would definitely prove to be beneficial to Bob Ellis and his development in that same area. That is not to totally assume that this is the same project he alluded to, but it is very positive for all of downtown. :shades:

Looking at the beautiful work done to enhance the appeal of the Wachovia building (into Wachovia Place), I would expect these new owners to get working on "selling" their new acquisition to prospective tennants. It is only speculative on my part, but that would definitely prove to be beneficial to Bob Ellis and his development in that same area. That is not to totally assume that this is the same project he alluded to, but it is very positive for all of downtown. :shades:

I see.... :w00t:

Maybe this could produce our first non-flat top skyscraper... Any changes are possible... Now, which Liberty building is this? The one at the top of the hill or the bottom?