New Greenville developments

gs3

Has anyone been to the new iPlace store in the Thornblade Publix shopping center? I have yet to make it over there, but here its all Macintosh products. Can't wait to visit. :thumbsup:

Read the comments at the end of this article to learn more!

A comment from iPlace:

It's true! Upstate SC has a new Mac only retailer. iPlace Technology Solutions opened it's doors on June 2nd and carries the full line of Apple desktops, laptops, software, iPods and accessories. Along with all the Apple branded goodies, iPlace stocks software from Adobe, Microsoft, Extensis, etc.., Xerox and Epson Printers, network gear by Asant
Edited by Skyliner

oh and btw, i thought a starbucks was comming to cherrydale when/where?

I saw one of their signs out on a flatbed truck in front of Ingles a while back. It sat there for a few days, more-or-less as a tease, I suspect. btoy had mentioned that they were going in where Member's Mark Dry Cleaners currently is, but I've not seen any sign that Member's Mark is moving out any time soon.

There is a sign for a new strip mall behind the North Pleasantburg Drive/Rutherford Road Bi-Lo shopping center, which will fill a vacant spot as well.

The project has been redesigned, the signs show the old design, the new design will look much better.

Also, anyone else notice that there are public hearing signs up at Woolworth's?

• 2 weeks later...

There is also a zoning sign up at the corner of Augusta Street and University Ridge (?), next to Brick Street Cafe. It is graded off, so I assume it may be used for parking eventually, though I really hope more retail or restaurant space is built there.

Edited by Skyliner

There is also a zoning sign up at the corner of Augusta Street and University Ridge (?), next to Brick Street Cafe. It is graded off, so I assume it may be used for parking eventually, though I really hope more retail or restaurant space is built there.

Here is what I found in the Public Notice for the next zoning commision meeting.

V 06-18. Variance to reduce the front setback from 10 feet to 0 feet at 301 Augusta Street (TMS #91.1-3-4). The applicant is PHC Communities, LLC (286-9578).

BTW, PHC is the company that was going to do that Tower at Falls and Broad.

Here is what I found in the Public Notice for the next zoning commision meeting.

V 06-18. Variance to reduce the front setback from 10 feet to 0 feet at 301 Augusta Street (TMS #91.1-3-4). The applicant is PHC Communities, LLC (286-9578).

BTW, PHC is the company that was going to do that Tower at Falls and Broad.

Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound too much like a parking lot, which is good news. I wouldn't mind just a one or two story building with a resturant and retail. Of course a couple of apartments above wouldn't hurt... :whistling:

A week or two back, the TBA column of the Gville Journal said a Main St. bar was recently sold and would undergo renovations. Another forumer stated they hoped it was Tassey's, which is on the corner of Main and E. North. It has the turquise awning and upper stories.

Well, I drove by it this morning. The name "Tassey's" has been covered up on the awning and a "City Tavern" sign is attached to the building now. Apparently, Tassey's was the bar in question. Hopefully that ugly awning/fascade will be gone soon.

Just ran across this post while reviewing... What a shame. It's been 10 months and that horrible awning is still in place. As far as I can tell there hasn't been any renovations. I dropped in here about 6 weeks ago and it is still the same old smelly, smokey place that it has always been. But, hey, I guess it is what it is... I just hate to see it in such a prominent place (i.e. a LOT of foot and motor traffic pass this place).

Somebody had better tell the Grape that then. They still list Greenville on their web site:

The Grape at RiverPlace

550 S. Main St.

Greenville SC 29601

And their windows are covered with those little static-cling signs saying, "Coming Soon."

Does anyone have any update on the Grape? The Grape at RiverPlace is no longer listed on their website as a location that is "coming soon" and there has not seemed to be much activity or progress in their space. Anyone??

Just ran across this post while reviewing... What a shame. It's been 10 months and that horrible awning is still in place. As far as I can tell there hasn't been any renovations. I dropped in here about 6 weeks ago and it is still the same old smelly, smokey place that it has always been. But, hey, I guess it is what it is... I just hate to see it in such a prominent place (i.e. a LOT of foot and motor traffic pass this place).

Yea - it is a shame. I am really hoping that someone has the foresight to at least give the place a face lift some day (sooner rather than later). Even if the city of greenville offered them a tax incentive for one year to allow them to pay for it, that'd be well worth it. ;)

Does anyone have any update on the Grape? The Grape at RiverPlace is no longer listed on their website as a location that is "coming soon" and there has not seemed to be much activity or progress in their space. Anyone??

I've not heard anything myself on the The Grape, but I've noticed too that it seems to be sitting dormant and all work on the building has halted. I'd like to know what's up there as well.