New Greenville developments

gs3

Thanks for clarification.

Just because this area is being talked about, I've always liked this map on Northampton's website. Does anyone know if an artist did these and are they for sale?

http://www.northamptonwines.com/location.htm

It is cute but I think the merchants at McBee Station may not be too happy with it.

Antone know what isgoing on with this construction in front of HH Gregg? This construction site has been like this for many months with this half complete structure. What is this suppose to be be? Did something happen....developers run out of money? No construction workers are ever on site, and this project continues to sit half complete. :dontknow:

DSC03366.jpg

Anybody have any idea what "W&H Greenville" could be? This is looking more and more like a restaurant. The property is owned by "W&H Greenville, LLC" out of Knoxville, TN. Nice masonry on the outside of the building...looks like it could be some sort of steak house.

Anybody have any idea what "W&H Greenville" could be? This is looking more and more like a restaurant. The property is owned by "W&H Greenville, LLC" out of Knoxville, TN. Nice masonry on the outside of the building...looks like it could be some sort of steak house.

Wasabi Japanesse Steak House...built by CD&M construction out of Lenoir City Tn. Will open first of Jan....

Edited by smn1

I guess it's too much to hope for a "Super Waffle House" one can only dream. :ph34r:

Wasabi Japanesse Steak House...built by CD&M construction out of Lenoir City Tn. Will open first of Jan....

Thanks! I've been looking for a sign at this site for months, yet none has come. I was hoping that it was Saltgrass...alas. It definitely screams steak house, though, when you see it. I may just have to check this one out when it opens! :thumbsup:

P.S. Is it this Wasabi? If so, I think we're in for a treat, maybe.

P.P.S. I see that it is. They mention expanding to Greenville, SC and Jacksonville, FL in their "Coming Soon" under Locations. Very nice!

Edited by RestedTraveler

Saltgrass...yuk! Uninspired Landry-chain cooking.

While I'm not a huge fan of Landry's chains (and I had no idea Saltgrass was now under the Landry's umbrella), just how inspired does one have to be to cook an amazingly delicious melt-in-your-mouth steak? Their steaks are out of this world!

Anyone noticed that the exterior of the Crowne Plaza Hotel is under extensive renovations? Any idea if the interior is being renovated as well?

I was at a meeting their the other day. The inside looks fine to me, the lobby could be a bit brighter. They had signs up showing the renovation and didn't notice any inside plans. I can tell you the outside does need help when it comes to visibility.

I was at a meeting their the other day. The inside looks fine to me, the lobby could be a bit brighter. They had signs up showing the renovation and didn't notice any inside plans. I can tell you the outside does need help when it comes to visibility.

Thanks.

Yeah, the dark brick didn't show up that well from 385. Looks like they are covering the outside in some sort of drivit / stucco. I'm assuming the color will help visability.

I've heard from a relible source that this is going to be the location for the long anticipated Ruths Chris. Seems kinda out of the way, but I guess it's close to both Woodruff and Haywood.

Interesting rumor, indeed. I have been hearing that Ruth's Chris will be at The Point in front of Whole Foods. That seems like a better location to me than at the Crowne Plaza at Roper Mountain, but perhaps they know something we don't. Since Ruth's Chris caters heavily to white collar business travel, would they really be at an advantage at the Crowne Plaza on Roper Mountain Road rather than at The Point close to thousands of current and new jobs?

Interesting rumor, indeed. I have been hearing that Ruth's Chris will be at The Point in front of Whole Foods. That seems like a better location to me than at the Crowne Plaza at Roper Mountain, but perhaps they know something we don't. Since Ruth's Chris caters heavily to white collar business travel, would they really be at an advantage at the Crowne Plaza on Roper Mountain Road rather than at The Point close to thousands of current and new jobs?

Those white collar business travelers stay in premium hotels....ie: Crowne Plaza. On location, IMO, 50/50. The Roper Mountain location is in a major national chain, and easy access to 385. Both locations would seem perfect to me.

Those white collar business travelers stay in premium hotels....ie: Crowne Plaza. On location, IMO, 50/50. The Roper Mountain location is in a major national chain, and easy access to 385. Both locations would seem perfect to me.

Good points. I suppose that Ruth's Chris locating in a 3-star Hilton in Columbia is no different than locating in a 3-star Crowne Plaza in Greenville. But the Columbia location is in a new hotel in a very popular area of town (Vista). Roper Mountain Road seems very quiet to me in terms of nightlife and attractions, but I assume it is close enough to Woodruff Road and will one day draw from the Verdae development. But it almost seems like people not staying at the Crowne Plaza will have to know Ruth's Chris is there to frequent it. They can't count on a lot of visibility in that location.