New Greenville developments

gs3

I noticed yesterday that the Millennium Apartments on Ridge Road are about to start rising. The trees are gone and construction crews were on-site.

According to their website, leasing begins in June 2008. Does anyone know how many units it will have? The site is a good bit larger than I imagined. Also, the City did indeed annex this property didn't they?

Millennium Apartments

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's going on on Bradshaw Street in the West End? It's directly behind the Brick Street Lofts. There's a Marsh Bell Construction sign on site with red "public hearing" notices as well. It looks like something was demolished. Is something going to be going up soon?

Ok, I actually went digging on the Planning and Zoning Applications' website and found it.

It looks like they'll be building condominiums with a parking structure on the ground floor. Check it out here: 12 Bradshaw Street (PDF)

It only shows a "basement" and "first floor" outline in order to build their case for variance on the site's zoning and regulations. I wonder how many stories it will be?

While taking a gander at the paper today, I noticed in the "Other New Business" listings in the business section that many of ones listed were all in the same building.

75 Beattie Place. I assume this is one of the Liberty Square towers? Anyway, all of the following were listed as new businesses in this building:

-Compone Services Ltd.

-Hobbs + Black Associates Inc.

-The Insurance House Inc.

-Mattress Firm Inc.

-Newport Design Group LLC

-Secure Talent Inc.

-Security One Lending Inc.

-Sonic Industries Franchising LLC

-Stewart Vacation Ownership Title Agency Inc.

-Wade Trim Inc.

Is it really that each of these are actually different entities? 10 of them? If so, that's got to be a couple of floors worth of space taken up.

In related news, it also lists a new business at 110 North Main Street: BRG Properties LLC.

Whatever the situation is, it's good to have at least 11 new businesses downtown.

What's going on on East Broad Street? There's two (I believe) American Constructors trailers. Have they been there? I've never noticed them before.

Those trailers are connected to the work (I mean, lack of work...) on the Peacock hotel. Since there's no room for more than just 1 small contractor's trailer on the footprint of the hotel site, the Peacock people rented that lot on Broad Street (and the small brick building next to it) last fall for contractor and subcontractor trailers. I go by there every day and at first there were cars and trucks parked outside the trailers, but there hasn't been anyone there since Christmas.

Those trailers are connected to the work (I mean, lack of work...) on the Peacock hotel. Since there's no room for more than just 1 small contractor's trailer on the footprint of the hotel site, the Peacock people rented that lot on Broad Street (and the small brick building next to it) last fall for contractor and subcontractor trailers. I go by there every day and at first there were cars and trucks parked outside the trailers, but there hasn't been anyone there since Christmas.

Thanks! I thought it could be related considering it was the same construction company, but I was holding out hope for something else...

While taking a gander at the paper today, I noticed in the "Other New Business" listings in the business section that many of ones listed were all in the same building.

75 Beattie Place. I assume this is one of the Liberty Square towers? Anyway, all of the following were listed as new businesses in this building:

-Compone Services Ltd.

-Hobbs + Black Associates Inc.

-The Insurance House Inc.

-Mattress Firm Inc.

-Newport Design Group LLC

-Secure Talent Inc.

-Security One Lending Inc.

-Sonic Industries Franchising LLC

-Stewart Vacation Ownership Title Agency Inc.

-Wade Trim Inc.

Is it really that each of these are actually different entities? 10 of them? If so, that's got to be a couple of floors worth of space taken up.

In related news, it also lists a new business at 110 North Main Street: BRG Properties LLC.

Whatever the situation is, it's good to have at least 11 new businesses downtown.

Unfortunately, 75 Beattie is the office location for a registered agent company. State law requires all companies (other than sole proprietorships) to have a registered agent. This way, there is a "permanent" address on file for official communications for lawsuits, etc. The registered agent will then forward the correspondence to the company where they are physically located. If you look in the paper every day, you will notice that most new businesses are listing this address.

Unfortunately, 75 Beattie is the office location for a registered agent company. State law requires all companies (other than sole proprietorships) to have a registered agent. This way, there is a "permanent" address on file for official communications for lawsuits, etc. The registered agent will then forward the correspondence to the company where they are physically located. If you look in the paper every day, you will notice that most new businesses are listing this address.

I figured something like that was the case. Thanks for the insight.

Liquid Highway is about to go through a major growth spurt.

I'm really excited to see a local company growing like this.....who knows, they may be the next Port City, Peet's or Starbucks..... :thumbsup:

Liquid Highway is opening a new location in Mauldin in the shopping center with Bi-Lo, in an old TCBY location.

Additionally, Liquid Highway has plans for several new stores, and they have designed a drive through concept. See link.

http://www.liquidhighway.com/locations/fut...ocations-2.html

I'm really excited to see a local company growing like this.....who knows, they may be the next Port City, Peet's or Starbucks..... :thumbsup:

Liquid Highway is opening a new location in Mauldin in the shopping center with Bi-Lo, in an old TCBY location.

Additionally, Liquid Highway has plans for several new stores, and they have designed a drive through concept. See link.

Great news! It says a lot about Liquid Highway to have survived Starbucks' move directly adjacent to the Liquid Highway location on East North Street near Pleasantburg Drive. I assumed it was a foregone conclusion that Liquid Highway would go out of business at that location when Starbucks moved in, but they continue to do well. I'm glad to hear that they are expanding.

They are also opening oneo on Old Spartanburg Rd. in a location that also used to be a TCBY.

One of the City's newest apartment developments: Millennium Apartments, just off of Fair Forest Way and Ridge Road, adjacent to the Millennium Campus. Land is cleared and you can begin to see leveled plots ready for vertical construction... Their website doesn't have any real details on there, so does anyone know exactly how many units this will include? I'm curious as to how many people this will add to the area and to the City.

2355772670_7cd64e6b29.jpg

They clearly are not opening Spring 2008, but their website does say August 2008.

2355774768_b69176e1ff.jpg

One of the City's newest apartment developments: Millennium Apartments, just off of Fair Forest Way and Ridge Road, adjacent to the Millennium Campus. Land is cleared and you can begin to see leveled plots ready for vertical construction... Their website doesn't have any real details on there, so does anyone know exactly how many units this will include? I'm curious as to how many people this will add to the area and to the City.

2355772670_7cd64e6b29.jpg

They clearly are not opening Spring 2008, but their website does say August 2008.

2355774768_b69176e1ff.jpg

I think they will have 330+ units. This same group is building Garden District in Simpsonville. Check out their website at www.livegardendistrict.com.

I have recently noticed the sign (at the parking lot behind the West End Market) that says "Coming soon; Cancer Survivors Park." haven't heard anything about this in a long time (years), is this sign relatively new, or has it been a really long time since I have been back there?

It's been there as long as I can remember. Several years now.