New Greenville developments

gs3

I think it fits with a "Technology" based incubator business.

^ Agreed.

In reading most of the comments above, not one single comment on the positive fact that NEXT is even building this and what it means for the city. Not one comment on the postive investment this project brings to Greenville's future. Does anyone know what NEXT does.....or care to know???? The positives of this development are HUGE!!!!! This is the type of facility many cities would kill to have. I'm amazed all the positives of this development have been overlooked to play "armchair architect".

End rant.

I know it's considered the hinderlands but there are as many new projects ( I consider new post 2006) either in the ground or proposed within an 8 mile radius of Simpsonville as you have named for Greenville. I keep a running tally of any project announced within that same radius and have been doing so since 2005 and the total is now up to 1.5BILLION.

I recently had a Spartanburg realtor stop by Cotton Mill Place ( yes I am the developer) and he said that he has been tracking every angle of census data for about 2 years and the 29681 and 29680 zips of Simpsonville consistently are number 1 and 2 among more than 50 zips. He said he had heard of our project and came to see what in the heck was going on here. As a representative sample of everything else there are currently 5 recently complete, announced or under construction capital improvement projects with just churches! ( total is more than 20million)

I was up by North Greenville University today and this area is really doing well. With the views of the mountains from the campus and surrounding area, I can see why so many new developments are popping up (The Sanctuary, etc). http://www.thesanctuaryofgreenville.com/

A couple of photos of the village area being developed (redeveloped) near the entrance to the university. Einstein Brothers opening soon.....

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

If that North Greenville University project is like every other project they have undertaken then "Coming Soon" actually means "Coming in the next 4-8 years". And actually, if memory serves me right, Back in 2002/2003 is when they first announced that old store would be the schools Coffee Cafe. This is 2008, so that makes it about 5-6 years... Yup, they are right on track.

Also, look at the old Tigerville Elementary building that they moved in 2004/2005, it's been 3 years and it is still unfinished.

Edited by ab1137

If that North Greenville University project is like every other project they have undertaken then "Coming Soon" actually means "Coming in the next 4-8 years". And actually, if memory serves me right, Back in 2002/2003 is when they first announced that old store would be the schools Coffee Cafe. This is 2008, so that makes it about 5-6 years... Yup, they are right on track.

Also, look at the old Tigerville Elementary building that they moved in 2004/2005, it's been 3 years and it is still unfinished.

:mellow: The project was announced in 2006. Completion is slated for early 2009.

Edited by citylife

• 2 weeks later...

Good news about the <now> former BJ's site. Apparently (not news to everyone) Academy Sports will anchor a new development, presumably in the vacant building as in the case with the Spartanburg store, and two smaller stores will be added as well.

Additionally, is everyone aware that the Krystal is now open and that "the restaurant's innovative design is also one of only three in Chattanooga-based company-wide system"? They offer free Wi-Fi in your car at the drive-in. :shades:

In other news, it appears that the Greenville area is still in the running for the FedEx hub. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a restaurant. Fairview at Wade Hampton by the center with Target. Anyone know what it will be?

_MG_2086.jpg

I'm pretty sure I heard it's the new Burger King to replace the one that closed further down WH across from KMart. man, Burger King sucks; I remember when they use to be good. We have so many fast food joints here in Greertucky; when are we at least gonna get a Chili's for crying out loud?