New Greenville developments

gs3

The place at Wade Hampton and Fairview is a BBQ joint, I forget the name. The BBK is going at the entrance to Target where the equipment is sitting. And next to BBK will be a small strip mall. And left of the Citgo will be a Greenville Federal Credit Union and next to discount tire will be First Citizens.

I'm pretty sure I heard it's the new Burger King to replace the one that closed further down WH across from KMart. man, Burger King sucks; I remember when they use to be good.

I used to love me some Burger King, but ever since they started serving those "fake" French fries, I don't go there very often. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the City's newest apartment developments: Millennium Apartments, just off of Fair Forest Way and Ridge Road, adjacent to the Millennium Campus. Land is cleared and you can begin to see leveled plots ready for vertical construction... Their website doesn't have any real details on there, so does anyone know exactly how many units this will include? I'm curious as to how many people this will add to the area and to the City.

2355772670_7cd64e6b29.jpg

They clearly are not opening Spring 2008, but their website does say August 2008.

2355774768_b69176e1ff.jpg

Finishing touches and landscaping are going on at this development. Many of the units are occupied. Final units are coming online now.

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

I really like the sign, though I'm not sure the buildings' and sign are quite coexisting like they should.

Thought the same thing. The sign belongs with some new modern, loft type building, not the traditional townhomes. Good to see more housing coming to the Millennium area.

This is interesting news... The Asheville Citizen-Times is now being printed at The Greenville News, due to the loss of advertising revenue.
The newspaper will now be printed at The Greenville News in South Carolina, also a newspaper owned by Gannett Co. Hammer said many printing employees were offered and accepted jobs in Greenville.
Certainly not the way we want to be hearing about newcomers (new jobs, at least), but at least we can be thankful that our city was the one which benefitted as a result. Edited by Skyliner

Hope this is the right place for this Taylors Retail Center opposed

This goes back to the discussion that was being held about the possibility of a Kohl's coming to the Taylors area. Looks like the County Council is going to oppose the zoning for it. I'm completely confused by this. They state that it's due to traffic is why they would oppose it (specifically traffic on 2 lane Saint Marks Road) - but I have to agree with the developer on this that MOST of the traffic would be from 29 which is 6 lanes already. So it's WIDER than Woodruff Road that is allowed to build just about anything it wants.

Anyone care to enlighten me on this? Or is it that Woodruff Road is in the City Limits so the county does not interfere with it?

Hope this is the right place for this Taylors Retail Center opposed

This goes back to the discussion that was being held about the possibility of a Kohl's coming to the Taylors area. Looks like the County Council is going to oppose the zoning for it. I'm completely confused by this. They state that it's due to traffic is why they would oppose it (specifically traffic on 2 lane Saint Marks Road) - but I have to agree with the developer on this that MOST of the traffic would be from 29 which is 6 lanes already. So it's WIDER than Woodruff Road that is allowed to build just about anything it wants.

Anyone care to enlighten me on this? Or is it that Woodruff Road is in the City Limits so the county does not interfere with it?

Article says planning staff and planning commission recommends denial. But the decision is still up to county council. The recommendations just mean they need more votes to pass it but they still could. And the only council member quoted approves of it and since it is his district he should be able to get the others to vote his way. I think it will pass.

• 2 weeks later...

A new apartment complex by an out of state developer will get built next to the Kroc Center currently under construction according to GSA Business.

Always good to see more housing downtown. The article didn't go into much detail on these. Any idea who the developer is?

I hope from reading the article, that these are "quality apartments at a cost effective price" and not "cheap apartments". Quite the difference.

Always good to see more housing downtown. The article didn't go into much detail on these. Any idea who the developer is?

I hope from reading the article, that these are "quality apartments at a cost effective price" and not "cheap apartments". Quite the difference.

I agree. Which plot of land is this around the center?

I agree. Which plot of land is this around the center?

I'm pretty sure it's the site across Westfield Street from the Kroc Center. The site was originally going to be used for tennis courts by the Kroc Center but they decided to move them across the Reedy River where they'll be located between Hudson, Sycamore, and Martin Streets instead. I don't know who the developer is but i'm hearing they're from Florida.

Liberty Property Trust sold Independence Corporate Park (fka "Independence Point") for $35 Million. The suburban office park located near the I-85/I-385 interchange consists of approximately 300,000 total square feet of Class A office space in six buildings. It is a fairly significant sale, although the public may not notice any changes. Source

Interesting article. A new park being planned on the Reedy will use money received from a 1996 oil spill. The park is around the Cedar Falls area. Can anyone explain where this area is or how to get to it? Sounds like a pretty area.....the river widens to over 200 feet.....tumbles over large rocks, etc. Would like to check it out but have no clue how to get there.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Interesting article. A new park being planned on the Reedy will use money received from a 1996 oil spill. The park is around the Cedar Falls area. Can anyone explain where this area is or how to get to it? Sounds like a pretty area.....the river widens to over 200 feet.....tumbles over large rocks, etc. Would like to check it out but have no clue how to get there.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

My guess would be directly south of the Griffin Park Development at the end of Sullivan Rd.

btw - It's always interesting to see how different the responses are to new developments here verses the people who generally post on GNO.

Cedar Falls Park - maybe?

ps - I attempted to load the map directly to save from having to click on the link, but since I'm still new I couldn't quite figure it out. Any hints on loading a google map?

Edited by westendlvn

^ Thanks for the map. The river definitely widens at that spot and looks like plenty of land for the park. Good to see additional parks being added.

The park will actually be located here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=ce...sa=N&tab=wl You can see the falls on the right side of Cedar Falls Road.

Edited by citylife

Anyone know if some kind of development is going on with the old Eagle Iron Works facility? Noticed today lots of work going on around the property. Some demolition....construction equipment on site.....etc. Always thought this would be a great old industrial space to turn into a mix of lofts, artist galleries and maybe a restaurant. Right in West End.

IMG_3154.jpg

^ Thanks. Hope it is a fun development with this building.

Well, I just found out through a quick email that the building will be torn down. I don't what will go in its place yet. I was hoping the building would have been converted into loft/office space. Hopefully something nice replaces it.

Edited by citylife