Fort Myers: Project & Construction List

bobliocatt

This city currently has almost 30 highrise projects, including (12) 32 story towers, under construction, approved or proposed in its downtown. With the help of Dale, at SSC, here's a list of some of the major projects.

*I'll add renderings for the projects, as I come across them*

The Cypress Club

graphic.jpg

- (2) 32 story residential towers

- 292 units

- developer: BAP Development

- construction: n/a

- The Cypress Club

Beau Rivage

zElevation.jpg

- 22 story/ 280ft tall residential tower

- 124 units

- developer: Homes for American Holdings

- construction: under construction

- www.thebeaurivage.com

The Vue

the_vue_12.jpg

- 27 story/ 189 units residential tower

- 5 story office building

- developer: Throgmartin Co.

- estimated costs: $100 million

- construction: Winter 2005

- www.TheVue.info

Alta Mar

home_main_aerials.jpg

- 7 story residential tower

- 131 units

- developer: Tarragon Realty Investments

- www.marinaliving.net

High Pointe Place

- (2) 32 story towers (and three smaller towers)

- 273 units

- developer: Cameratta

- www.highpointeplace.com

First River Condominiums

- (3) 32 story residential towers

- 451 units

- developer: B.S.R. Engineering & Development

Hotel Monaco

- 27 story condo and hotel tower

- 220 units

- developer: Homes for America Holdings

Legacy Harbour

- (2) 25 story condo towers

- 288 residential units/32 lofts/64 hotel units

- developer: The Sullivan-Florida Group

- costs: $120 million

Riviera, including The St. Tropez and The St. Raphael

- (2) 27 story apartment towers

- 150 units

- developer: Homes for America Holdings

- www.sttropez.apartmentsvr.com

Ramada Redevelopment

- 24 story luxury condo and hotel

- 220 condo units/68 villas/ 200 hotel units

- developer: Gates McVey

Yacht Club of Fort Myers

- (5) 32 story residential towers

- 1,079 residential units

- developer: The Related Group

current picture of downtown Fort Myers

the_vue_0042.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Movin' on Up

www.gulfshorebusiness.com

For some time, a band of believers has foretold the future when the City of Palms would boast a bustling central district brimming with culture, commerce, restaurants, shops and residents.

The business area is budding and people are moving into cool-looking, rehabbed spaces above historic storefronts. Public places such as Harborside Event Center and Centennial Park are popular destinations.

But a real renaissance will rely on an influx of residents who will support merchants and other commercial and entertainment endeavors, experts say.

The good new is it’s starting to happen, seemingly all at once.

Local developers, as well as those from across the state, nation and world, have zeroed in on downtown to construct big buildings along the scenic banks of the Caloosahatchee River. Some 3,500 residential units are under way or proposed.

Here is a list of the major projects planned for downtown Fort Myers. Many of them have commercial components including retail and office space. Asterisks indicate that, as of press time, the project was pending approval of the city council.

Project: Alta Mar

Developer: Tarragon Realty Investments

Type: Luxury condo

Address: 2825 Palm Beach Blvd.

Cost: Starting in $200,000 range

Size: 131 condo units in a seven-story

building

Project: Beau Rivage

Developer: Homes for America Holdings

Address: 2797 First St.

Cost: Starting under $300,000

Size: 124 condos in 22 stories

Project: Cypress Club

Developer: BAP/New Leaf

Address: 2601 First St.

Cost: Mid-$200,000s to $1.6 million.

Size: 292 condo units and 14 live/work lofts, in two buildings of 32 stories

Project: First River Condominiums *

Developer: B.S.R. Engineering & Development

Address: 2220 W. First St.

Cost: Undetermined

Size: 451 units in three, 32-story towers

Project: High Point Place

Developer: Cameratta Properties

Address: 2100 W. First St.

Cost: $497,990 to $984,990 per unit

Size: 273 units in 32-story twin towers, with three smaller towers

Project: Hotel Monaco *

Type: Luxury condo and hotel

Address: 2543 First St.

Cost: Unavailable

Size: 220 hotel and condo units in

27 stories

Project: Legacy Harbour *

Developer: Sullivan Florida Group

Address: 2038 W. First St.

Size: 288 condo units, 32 loft condos and 64 hotel rooms in two, 25-story towers

Project: Ramada redevelopment

Developer: Gates McVey

Address: 2500 Edwards Drive

Size: 220 condo units, 68 pool-side

villas and 200-plus hotel rooms in

24 stories

Project: Riviera, including The St. Tropez and The St. Raphael *

Address: 2745 First St.

Cost: Unavailable

Size: St. Tropez and St. Raphael each will have 150 units in 27 stories

Project: The Vu

I agree, if you pack the residents in there, all those other things will come online, very shortly after. Especially considering the city of Fort Myers only has around 50,000 people. BTW, I believe most of these projects do include small areas of retail and restaurant space. Many of these developers are also the ones building highrise condos in the larger Florida cities, so, other than exterior cladding, I'd assume the set-up of many buildings are similar to their counterparts in other Florida cities.

Its going to be interesting to see a skyline f mostly entirly of condos. Hopefully those office jobs to support the population will follow. Although I think the fact that its on the water will work in favor of the condos and against the offices, being that condos will take up most of the building space in the next 5 years.

Fort Myers is truly lacking right now, extremely cold and yearning for some height. These high rises will definitely add some height to the skyline. Are all of these going to be downtown or are they spread out over the city limits?

Hope the developers have the foresight and wisdom to proportionately place these buildings in the right spot. Don't want a lop-sided skyline. Here is another example of a small city that will have a credible skyline, detached from a major metro area (see my thread in skyscraperpage.com in the photo forum regarding "small cities with credible, dense skylines and tall buildings).

Looks good for Fort Myers. Another City on the move in Florida but is near a metro area and probably has height restrictions is Sarasota (see my Sarasota thread started in this forum). Sarasota is a tourist mecca and is next to a huge metroplex (tampa/st. pete), so it has a lot going for it.

This is highly unusual for Fort Myers being that the small city population doesn't really justify having a credible skyline. Anyway, I'm elated for Fort Myers. Keep up the good work Fort Myers!

FLORIDA SKYRISE

Fort Myers is truly lacking right now, extremely cold and yearning for some height.  These high rises will definitely add some height to the skyline.  Are all of these going to be downtown or are they spread out over the city limits?

Hope the developers have the foresight and wisdom to proportionately place these buildings in the right spot.  Don't want a lop-sided skyline.  Here is another example of a small city that will have a credible skyline, detached from a major metro area (see my thread in skyscraperpage.com in the photo forum regarding "small cities with credible, dense skylines and tall buildings).

Looks good for Fort Myers.  Another City on the move in Florida but is near a metro area and probably has height restrictions is Sarasota (see my Sarasota thread started in this forum).  Sarasota is a tourist mecca and is next to a huge metroplex (tampa/st. pete), so it has a lot going for it.

This is highly unusual for Fort Myers being that the small city population doesn't really justify having a credible skyline.  Anyway, I'm elated for Fort Myers.  Keep up the good work Fort Myers!

FLORIDA SKYRISE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think metro Fort Myers is very well on its way to becoming Florida's next major metro. Its one of the country's fastest growing, population wise, and its airport is one of the fastest grwoing as well. Its only a matter of time before it catches metro Sarasota. BTW, all of the projects mentioned in this thread are planned for downtown. I'm sure there are more spread throughout the city, but I don't know too much about the city in general. I guess, I need to plan a visit to the city, sometime next year.

This looks to be the same as the Yacht Club development. Here's some more information on it from Globe St.

http://www.globest.com/news/170_170/miami/129060-1.html

Related Group Proposes $450M Downtown 'Oasis'

By Marita Thomas

Last updated: December 1, 2004 01:38pm

FORT MYERS, FL-Miami-based Related Group of Florida moves across the state with a proposal to develop Oasis on a 16.3-acre parcel in the Downtown historic district here along the Caloosahatchee River. Described as a gated condo village, the plan contains five 32-story residential towers, a marina, five pools, a 15,000-sf riverfront club with a restaurant, library, billiard room and private theater.

The project will be developed in phases at an estimated construction cost of $450 million. Located between Frierson Street and Riverside Drive off Palm Beach Boulevard, it is within walking distance of Downtown. The plan includes about 1,000 linear feet of river frontage and calls for a public boardwalk, a four-acre park, a tennis center, picnic area, and space for kayak and canoe storage and a launching ramp.

The residential towers will have an aggregate of 1,079 one-, two- and three-bedroom condominium units. Units will range from 850 sf to 1,850 sf and costs will span from the $200,000 to the $800,000 range. All units will have river views from floor-to-ceiling windows, and upper- and lower-level penthouses will have 10-foot ceilings and wrap-around balconies.

The plan won the unanimous approval of the city council and Related Group vows to continue to work closely with Fort Myers

• 3 weeks later...

I was just in Fort Myers and for a City of 45,000 or so, it is really beginning to rattle the saber. Many new things beginning to happen downtown in the way of mid rise condo's, and mid rise office buildings.

It appears that the small and mid sized cities are beginning to develop more than the much larger ones; what's up with that?!

FLORIDA SKYRISE

• 2 months later...

Downtown strives for right mix

Scores of stores closing, opening

By ALISON KEPNER

[email protected]

Published by news-press.com on March 3, 2005

TOWN HALL MEETING

Downtown business owners, city residents and others concerned about Fort Myers' redevelopment will have a chance to talk to elected leaders at 5:15 p.m. today during a town hall meeting at Harborside Event Center, 1375 Monroe St.

Don Paight, Downtown Redevelopment Agency director, will open the meeting with a review of the city's downtown plan, designed by Miami architect Andres Duany. A question and answer period and public input session will follow.

DELIVERING YOUR WORLD

The News-Press

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Movin' on Up

www.gulfshorebusiness.com

For some time, a band of believers has foretold the future when the City of Palms would boast a bustling central district brimming with culture, commerce, restaurants, shops and residents.

The business area is budding and people are moving into cool-looking, rehabbed spaces above historic storefronts. Public places such as Harborside Event Center and Centennial Park are popular destinations.

But a real renaissance will rely on an influx of residents who will support merchants and other commercial and entertainment endeavors, experts say.

The good new is it

This is interesting to see so much interest in Ft. Myers. Does Jacksonville even have this many high rises??? Good luck Ft. Myers, hopefully a fraction of these projects will actually be completed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fort Myers has 49 buildings 13 storys or taller built, proposed, under construction and demoslished.

Jacksonville has 80.

Still very respectable for a smaller city. Much better than most cities outside of Florida period.

Archived