Bull Street Common

The_sandlapper

7 hours ago, growingup15 said:

That's not news, that's a promotion with recycled facts/promises. 

I hope the city council wises up and cuts any additional funding to this project and let the developer take the financial hits and not the taxpayer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mpretori said:

I hope the city council wises up and cuts any additional funding to this project and let the developer take the financial hits and not the taxpayer. 

Wow you really hoping it fails doesn't it?

word from the wise Rome wasn't built in a day

15 hours ago, mpretori said:

The city negotiated very poorly. Hughes is in a much better position- he has little exposure should the terms change. The city would be on the hook for any funding shortfalls.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vicupstate said:

^^ Domino's Pizza is nothing to get excited about.

/s 

Sits at edge of seat after years or waiting for announcements....Dominoes, McDonalds, and and Cookout coming soon to bull street XD. This development is a joke, and the amount of corruption with richland county makes me skeptical that officials might have pocketed tax payers money from this. "ahead of schedule" though!!   

Sits at edge of seat after years or waiting for announcements....Dominoes, McDonalds, and and Cookout coming soon to bull street XD. This development is a joke, and the amount of corruption with richland county makes me skeptical that officials might have pocketed tax payers money from this. "ahead of schedule" though!!   

Don't you live in Charlotte? But I'm sure you didn't expect a movie theatre liked the one announced to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SouthernBorn said:

Don't you live in Charlotte? But I'm sure you didn't expect a movie theatre liked the one announced to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think he does. their just someone who just want to see everyone else fail because he lives in a city that haves it all.

smh

• 1 month later...
On September 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Spartan said:

Fast food isn't anything to be excited about though. I'm betting that they will offer suburban designs and contribute nothing to the 'urban' style that is supposed to be built here.

A pizza joint is obviously nothing to get excited about, but the article said nothing of them opening a location at BullStreet Common. I'm as anxious as every else to find out what will locate there.

This article is about 5 Points, but the most interesting pieces concern Bull Street:

"The Commons at BullStreet landed a new tenant in luxury cinema chain Cobb Theatres in July, and Benjamin said more movement there is imminent, including the announcement of a senior housing facility."

Really not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, seniors will instantly add residents to the neighborhood. On the other, they are not the target demographic for most retailers. I guess they will add to the overall neighborhood feel and counteract the impact of students.

“They have dozens of leases signed – dozens,” Benjamin said. “… I’m incredibly encouraged.”

The wait continues...

http://columbiabusinessreport.com/news/government/70497/

I live in a neighborhood with a large senior housing population. It's awesome. Because they don't work, they keep an eye on things during the day, and they're always out walking around and talking to neighbors. They go to neighborhood shops more often than you'd think. It's also ideal for them because they can get out and exercise and be a part of the community even without a car. Most senior living facilities are in the middle of nowhere and require someone else to drive them places.

My only concern about it is that the facility not be inward facing. As long as it's well designed then there shouldn't be any issues.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2016 at 5:53 PM, Spartan said:

Fast food isn't anything to be excited about though. I'm betting that they will offer suburban designs and contribute nothing to the 'urban' style that is supposed to be built here.

This was always destined to be a burb neighborhood. The developer pulled wool over everyone's eyes and knew the city was not big enough yet for another core. This is going to financially drain the city, and will stiffen growth for decades. Best thing the developer can do it tear the buildings down to reduce liability and tax burden and turn the area into a city park. 

On 9/25/2016 at 0:40 PM, mpretori said:

This was always destined to be a burb neighborhood. The developer pulled wool over everyone's eyes and knew the city was not big enough yet for another core. This is going to financially drain the city, and will stiffen growth for decades. Best thing the developer can do it tear the buildings down to reduce liability and tax burden and turn the area into a city park. 

What? 

On September 25, 2016 at 0:40 PM, mpretori said:

I haven't been the biggest fan of the way the agreement was pushed through, but Bull Street is far more likely to steal momentum from Sandhills and Forest Drive than it is from the Vista or Main Street. That area is too connected to be a suburban neighborhood.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This is great news for Hughes. His timeline probably relies largely on how quickly he can fill these buildings. It wasn't a great sign when the First Base Building opened with just 25% occupancy, but this will help build some momentum. Incidentally, I think the writer misreported when he said that TCube would create 100 jobs; rather, they will move 100 jobs from their current office, wherever that is. 

http://www.thestate.com/news/business/article125968369.html

• Like 1