Bull Street Common

The_sandlapper

Story in the State about Killian's Crossing, bringing two "national" brand restaurants to the development in Chic Fil A, and Applebees..yikes. I pray Columbia Common will be upscale. Northeast Cola/Blythewood just doesn't have the demographics to sustain anything upscale, so I'm afraid Killian's Crossing will be much the same as Village at Sandhill. Columbia Common needs to be marketed regionally as a real shopping/entertainment destination.     

• Like 1

Is this the stadium site? I believe that is the Ensor building, which I believe will be just outside the walls closest to first base.  

Yeah this is the office building area  near the entrance. that hole you see on the right side going down is the stadium area where the seats will be at.

According to WISTV. The Name and Logo for our new Baseball Team will be released next week. This is exciting news. and im pretty sure the topic is gonna come up along with the team and logo where are the retailers who so called are coming at the same time of the opening of the stadium. lets hope along with this team presentation that we get some insite on the I think 41 retailers coming to our great city soon.

PS. i really hope Columbia Commons area turns into something like Metropolitan in Charlotte. Cluster of major retailers mixed with stores and restaurants we've never seen before in our state mixed with Living spaces. Some 7-8 story Condos lofts apartments studios with 2 levels of retails. Im just wishfully thinking

Just saying.

According to WISTV. The Name and Logo for our new Baseball Team will be released next week. This is exciting news. and im pretty sure the topic is gonna come up along with the team and logo where are the retailers who so called are coming at the same time of the opening of the stadium. lets hope along with this team presentation that we get some insite on the I think 41 retailers coming to our great city soon.

PS. i really hope Columbia Commons area turns into something like Metropolitan in Charlotte. Cluster of major retailers mixed with stores and restaurants we've never seen before in our state mixed with Living spaces. Some 7-8 story Condos lofts apartments studios with 2 levels of retails. Im just wishfully thinking

Just saying.

I've never seen Metropolitan, but I second your thoughts!

You don't want metropolitan. It's not bad buts it's too inwardly focused. It does front a nice greenway though. Birkdale in Huntersville is a better comparison for the Common. It's a large scale mixed use development with a lot of retail and mixture of uses too. 

• Like 1

I've never seen Metropolitan, but I second your thoughts!

Go to Google and look up Metropolitan at Midtown.

You don't want metropolitan. It's not bad buts it's too inwardly focused. It does front a nice greenway though. Birkdale in Huntersville is a better comparison for the Common. It's a large scale mixed use development with a lot of retail and mixture of uses too. 

I think a mixture of both Anchor Stores and such features a Metropolitan style complex and a Birkdale style town around the area and Stadium.

^I'm not sure what you mean by that.

In terms of scale and context, it will be more comparable to Birkdale. It's not what you want to to look like at this point, it's what the developer is going to build. The only similarity to Metropolitan in Charlotte is that it's located in the central part of Columbia and will tap a market that currently has to drive a considerable distance to get to the suburban shopping areas on Two Notch and Harbison.

• Like 3

^I'm not sure what you mean by that.

In terms of scale and context, it will be more comparable to Birkdale. It's not what you want to to look like at this point, it's what the developer is going to build. The only similarity to Metropolitan in Charlotte is that it's located in the central part of Columbia and will tap a market that currently has to drive a considerable distance to get to the suburban shopping areas on Two Notch and Harbison.

Im sorry. well let me explain. example they said they was supposed to have a few or many just 1 anchor store in Bull Street Commons. well Why not as an anchor store it be a center piece for most high end business. like Target, Best buy, Walmart Market maybe, and what not. and that complex has really big condos apartment hotels condos and  lofts. and surrounding that complex going outwards leading away from the Metropolitan Style complex is a Birkdale style complex connecting to it. the smaller Town center like buildings and shops and stores and what not. all the way up to where the Baseball stadium is at.

Im saying it will give it the best of both worlds in buildings living shopping and such. 

do that make sense?

NAI Avant has been named the exclusive leasing company for 85,000 square feet of Class A office space within the new BullStreet Common office building that’s under construction.

The building is located along the first-base line of Spirit Communications Park, which is under construction at the 180-acre mixed-used development on the north edge of downtown Columbia that’s the former campus of the S.C. State Hospital.

The office building will offer views of the baseball park, which will be the home of the city’s new minor league baseball team. In addition, Spirit Park will be open year round and serve as multi-use entertainment venue.

http://columbiabusinessreport.com/news/55223-nai-avant-to-lease-office-space-in-new-ballpark-building

1438275690-ballpark-office--web.jpg

1438275620-ballpark-night.jpg

NAI Avant has been named the exclusive leasing company for 85,000 square feet of Class A office space within the new BullStreet Common office building that’s under construction.

The building is located along the first-base line of Spirit Communications Park, which is under construction at the 180-acre mixed-used development on the north edge of downtown Columbia that’s the former campus of the S.C. State Hospital.

The office building will offer views of the baseball park, which will be the home of the city’s new minor league baseball team. In addition, Spirit Park will be open year round and serve as multi-use entertainment venue.

http://columbiabusinessreport.com/news/55223-nai-avant-to-lease-office-space-in-new-ballpark-building

1438275690-ballpark-office--web.jpg

1438275620-ballpark-night.jpg

Looks good! Hoping to hear some retailers soon.

^It's not bad. It's appropriately dorky and family friendly like most minor league baseball teams.

The State has an article today about the funding required from the City to make this happen. I figured the City was a partner in this process, but I didn't realize how much. It sounds like they are essentially funding all of the water/sewer systems and parking garages.

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article29994111.html

^It's not bad. It's appropriately dorky and family friendly like most minor league baseball teams.

The State has an article today about the funding required from the City to make this happen. I figured the City was a partner in this process, but I didn't realize how much. It sounds like they are essentially funding all of the water/sewer systems and parking garages.

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article29994111.html

And the vast majority of the Baseball field cost ($29 mm vs. $6 mm in private money).  A total investment of $96 mm by the city, $6 mm by the baseball team and $15 mm thus far by Hughes.  The city has a lot on the line here. Hopefully, it all works out.