Bull Street Common

The_sandlapper

I just got back from Prince night at the Stadium. Had so much fun. I can't wait to see all the shops and stores and resturants in the near future. New comers to Columbia are going to love the atmosphere surrounding the stadium.

Expect pictures real soon 

Edited by growingup15

On 5/27/2016 at 5:24 PM, growingup15 said:

We are already  gaining a lot of their business now. I think the state needs to jump on it and start working on getting t those businesses that left or leaving NC.

How so? Can you prove it? Do you have examples?

On 5/28/2016 at 1:39 PM, mpretori said:

“We have said all along that the economic loss has been real, the risk of further loss is great, and this is potentially catastrophic to our economy,” Morgan said.

When the Chamber throws out the C word you know troubling times are coming. Not to say, Charlotte wont recover, but it's going to take years to decades. Metlife is only 1 company, and a company that's already established in Charlotte. A office tower under construction, just lost a anchor. Lots of losses being incurred on developers right now with new businesses drastically being reduced. And i digress on the rock hill/fort mill notion. Most residents there use NC as entertainment and dramatic reduction of new businesses in Charlotte reduces addition of those services dramatically, so thats where Columbia can offer that and draw people and businesses south. 

This is mostly political posturing. Charlotte vs the rest of North Carolina is an ongoing issue, and this is just the latest example in a long line of BS coming from Raleigh. But suffice it to say, Charlotte is chugging along just fine. I wouldn't go around telling your friends that it's on the verge of collapse.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spartan said:

This is mostly political posturing. Charlotte vs the rest of North Carolina is an ongoing issue, and this is just the latest example in a long line of BS coming from Raleigh. But suffice it to say, Charlotte is chugging along just fine. I wouldn't go around telling your friends that it's on the verge of collapse.

I can assure you with great confidence that HB2 is having catastrophic effects to the Charlotte economy. Won't show up now, but give it 6 or 12 more months, and you won't see rosy economic indicators. 

• Like 1

Heres some pictures Ive taken out on Prince Night at Spirit Communications Park

26966521713_4629575c0c_o.jpg

27575342595_726e0d697c_o.jpg

27476401602_e111200521_o.jpg

This one is cool. You can see the BOA Building in the background

27298419120_c95be1e36e_k.jpg27575326125_4bed74d89d_b.jpg

27575327625_d3e1e6d514_k.jpg26966495093_a0e5e4aec3_k.jpg

This last picture here is By far the Most depression but also gives you the sense of how big the area is and what is gonna be here in just the next year or so.But look how Alone Spirit Communications Park is.

26966492763_5f275403eb_k.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spartan said:

I disagree, but either way it goes - I don't see how it's affecting Columbia. If it is, I'd like to see some proof.

Well i'm 100% sure HB is causing catastrophic damage to Charlotte. How it effects surrounding cities, is unclear. But Columbia is in a position where they can lobby companies to relocate here and start providing world-class amenities. i think Columbia has alot to offer. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Well i'm 100% sure HB is causing catastrophic damage to Charlotte. How it effects surrounding cities, is unclear. But Columbia is in a position where they can lobby companies to relocate here and start providing world-class amenities. i think Columbia has alot to offer. 

Agreed.

We have a Innovista and a Bull Street for them to come to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2016 at 7:40 PM, growingup15 said:

So i heard that The announcements We're pushed back for another 24 months. can anyone confirm that?

Benjamin said They would bee announcements this month. but this month is almost over.

They probably got very few tenants at this point.  Can't even sell 3/4 of the first base buildings in a year. I'm starting to think this project is failure. 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

A setback in schedule isn't a failure. Give it time. 

1 hour ago, growingup15 said:

people forget economy changes daily. something could of came up or for liability reasons the city cant announce the developers and businesses yet.

If it was a liability issue the Mayor of all people should have kept his mouth shut in the two times he promised announcements by a certain month. It creates distrust in a project and puts off prospective tenants. 

I went to my second Game On the 4th and wow wow so many people was out there 9,228 people. which is way over compacity of the Seats.

this was on WIS and Mayor Benjamin also talked about developement  it looks like we will see dirt move in Late Fall

http://m.wistv.com/wistv/db_330790/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DhNE2sRX

1 hour ago, growingup15 said:

I went to my second Game On the 4th and wow wow so many people was out there 9,228 people. which is way over compacity of the Seats.

this was on WIS and Mayor Benjamin also talked about developement  it looks like we will see dirt move in Late Fall

http://m.wistv.com/wistv/db_330790/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DhNE2sRX

WOW. Maybe they are waiting for the palm's the mature to start construction XD

We got an Announcement today that wasn't really a surprise considering we saw the renderings already

COBB Theater was announced slated to open summer of 2018

Luxury" movie theater announced for The Commons at BullStreet project, http://www.wistv.com/story/32435208/luxury-movie-theater-announced-for-the-commons-at-bullstreet-project

Glad to see some official progress there.  the movie theater seems like an interesting concept and a second destination draw for the project.  

Sounds like an upscale, pricier option too, which hopefully might suggest the composition of the development.  I don't think this thing really is all that exciting if it is just a second Harrison or Sandhills.  Hoping to see some interesting new shopping.  

11 minutes ago, ColaFan said:

Glad to see some official progress there.  the movie theater seems like an interesting concept and a second destination draw for the project.  

Sounds like an upscale, pricier option too, which hopefully might suggest the composition of the development.  I don't think this thing really is all that exciting if it is just a second Harrison or Sandhills.  Hoping to see some interesting new shopping.  

It's hard to tell what the prices will look like, but I looked at one of their other theaters and an adult ticket was just $10. This seem pretty reasonable to me at least. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, growingup15 said:

Columbia, Bull Street developer to OK delay in construction of city-funded garage

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article90369687.html

No surprise here considering Benjamin's recent discussion about finding a private company to build and manage city garages. This, coupled with the consolidation talk and the sewer/water rate increases, tells me that the city is way over its head. I have a feeling arts organizations are going to see their meal tax revenue allocations decrease precipitously starting this year.