Bull Street Common

The_sandlapper

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are some renderings from DPZ's website that I haven't seen:

Civic%20Square_z.jpg

Market%20Square_z.jpg

Smith%20Pond%20Park_z.jpg

Those look nice. Seems to be a great development. Would this be comparable to Verdae in Greenville, just on a smaller scale? (mix of housing at all price ranges and types, office, and retail) :unsure:

Edited by GvilleSC

The plan feel like Columbia. I will say that I wish it had less SFR, but its not bad as it is. This will truely be a great thing for Columbia. This is new urbanism in its true form- in the mix with real urbanism, not in the suburbs some place. DPZ will produce a quality product, of that I'm sure.

Those are the little houses behind the larger houses. Sometimes they are rented out to college students, or are used as the "mother in law" house.

I think if there's any one project that could change the face of downtown, it's this project. CanalSide's position on the fringe of downtown is a little too far removed to make as much of an overall difference. I also see more this project spurring more development downtown, in an area of downtown that's not seeing as much investment.

• 3 months later...