KBJ seeks to clear the air about courthouse

bobliocatt

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannondale, you work for Cannon, don't you.

Here's my thing - I have a problem with the way this entire thing went down. I don't blame Cannon, Skanska, or the City for this individually. They all all responsible for turning this into a complete mess.

Fitst of all, don't get defensive when I list KBJ's designs. I live in Jacksonville, and they are Jacksonville-Based. Cannon Design is New York-Based. I'm going to support and promote Jacksonville-Based Companies.

Second, the city game Cannon and Skanska FAR more time then I would have, and I believe should have been given, and they still could get it done. The only thing I will say, is that Skanska got the job done with the Federal Courthouse.

Cannondale, you work for Cannon, don't you.

Here's my thing - I have a problem with the way this entire thing went down.  I don't blame Cannon, Skanska, or the City for this individually.  They all all responsible for turning this into a complete mess.

Fitst of all, don't get defensive when I list KBJ's designs.  I live in Jacksonville, and they are Jacksonville-Based.  Cannon Design is New York-Based.  I'm going to support and promote Jacksonville-Based Companies.

Second, the city game Cannon and Skanska FAR more time then I would have, and I believe should have been given, and they still could get it done.  The only thing I will say, is that Skanska got the job done with the Federal Courthouse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know Cannondale and they do not work for Cannon Design. I also know a little about Cannon Design having lived in this city all of my life and Cannon Design has been here since the 70's. A huge majority of the people in the Jacksonville office of Cannon Design grew up in Jacksonville. Several of them are my close friends. Skanska may have gotten it done with the federal courthouse but that is a completely different feild of play and cast of characters. Have you seen Skanska's GMP for the courthouse? Has anyone? Has anyone confirmed that they were competitive numbers? I agree with Jaxnative's comment about the CM contract... what incentive did they have do bring the job into budget with competitive numbers and alternative pricing if they were on a payout shcedule rather than percentage of work in place? Does anyone else get this?

What's with all this ripping on my man, Peyton. Yeah, like Delaney was some sort of diety that never made a mistake. Wait a minute who was it again that gave the Shipyards project the 36 mil.?? scongro, did you ever stop to consider that maybe because you never heard anything from the Delaney admin, was because he ran a real tight ship and and every one was covering their ass. Throughout the years i have come to distrust two things in life... the media and politicians! don't get me worng, i agree Delaney was a good Mayor, and Reagan was a good president.

As for Cannon... um, let me see how many companies in Jacksonville are actually based somewhere else, oh, about half.... but that doesn't mean that they don't understand Jackosnville and that the people in their local offices don't care. By the way, Skanksa isn't a Jacksonville firm either, or as a matter of fact American!

Courthouse fiasco happened for so many reasons that it would take a congressional invesitgation to figure it out. Merlin, the facts are out there, but no one is interested, we rather content and ignorant and allow the news to tell us what they think is right!!!

thanks,

"if ignorance is bliss, then wipe the smile from my face" RATM!!!

That's exctly my point about Delaney. I'm sure that there were things that hit the fan, but we never heard about it, and in a lot of ways, that is a good thing. When you get the media involved in something, it can turn things into a mess, because everyone has an opinion.

I don't think Delaney is a God, or that Peyton is an idiot. I think Peyton will bring a different perspective to city government (Some of it good, some of it bad).

Merlin,

Keeps me alive!  Anger is a wondeful thing sometimes, and as you say...  gets things kicked started around here.  But wasn't this forum about KBJ and the courthouse thing?????  what happened here?

Viva la revolucion!

CC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right about that, I think this topic has lost it's original intent.

Archived