TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rr tracks that go over appalachee on the edge of cascade... its the only thing that goes over 27 anywhere....lol. its just a nice brick building hidden off in the corner behind some trees... but if building that close to the rr tracks can be done without alot of noise then alot can be done around those tracks in the gaines corridor. i was worried about how much annoyence could be ignored by developers.

lol... I haven't thought much about that. I'm still trying to picture the brick building, but I think you're talking about The Florida Bar... no? Help me out here, because Im really tryin to picture this.

And you know... I've never noticed that about 27... you're right, thats the only bridge above that road.

lol... I haven't thought much about that. I'm still trying to picture the brick building, but I think you're talking about The Florida Bar... no? Help me out here, because Im really tryin to picture this.

And you know... I've never noticed that about 27... you're right, thats the only bridge above that road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its in the area of the florida bar, but it is a red brick square 5 story right next to the tracks on the N side of appalachee. it may be an annex of the florida bar

Cool, I just joined, lived in tallahassee all my life, go to fsu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome buddy! Looking forward to learning more about you as my neighbor, and getting your ideas on the future direction this great City of ours should take! Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! And I like your icon!

Park Avenue is now reaopened! it is beautiful to see there are still alot of trees lining the raod. they also laid out the lines with really good reflectors (wh, red, and yel) to help with the odd shifts, but it works. now four lane through conner to appalachee and toward downtown at magnolia. that should help take some of the stress off other intersections in the area. it looks like that road will be able to hold a good capacity. They also have the bike lanes too, so connnecting that with blairstone, tallahssee can add quasi safe bikeing recreation as another reason to never leave!

Appalachee pkwy 6 lanes?

A friend of mine who works at the indian resturant next to sonny's on the pkwy said they got a letter saying a meeting was going to be held at the civic center for the buisness owners. I know a couple of owners in the area so i will try to stay in the loop. but if anyone knows when this should start... i could begin to brace for delays, i hit that road 4 times a day during the week. but it would help the traffic alot.

I hear about this a while back. There was a feature on the news. From what I hear, the widening is to occur from Capital Circle to the doors of the capitol. It truly is one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city so I can see why this would be a need. I've yet to see this project appear on any list, but I'll keep my eyes open.

what kinda of an impact will that have on those buisnesses? i thnk capital circle, tennessee, and Thomasville hgwy prosper. It just seems like alot of changes to parking capacity aswell. they just finished reworking the corner at magnolia too. But ultimatly it will save me time.

Looks like businesses are set far enough back from the road to accomodate the expansion. I think the parkway is one of few roads in the city where they may have used some foresight to plan the development... it seems thomasville road will be the same. Wish we could say the same for CC.

Publix and some other retail shops are moving there. I don' t know if they are still there but have anyone noticed streets on Park Ave that lead to the woods. It's like the street would stretch for 3 ft then stop. Is that were they cleared the trees at?