TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local trails spruced up

Some of Tallahassee trails got a little bit better over the last month thanks to some volunteers and a group of trail-building experts. It started Dec. 14 with a workshop and re-routing of an eroded section of Red Bug Trail at Phipp's Park. One of the participants, Dick Rogers , told me the workshop was great, but the best part was getting to actually design and build sections of trail.

Source: TDO.com

Florida could pass bestiality law after rape of goat

January 4, 2008

BY MARC CAPUTO

McCLATCHY NEWSPAPERS

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- After a goat was raped and killed in a Panhandle town, animal activists, police and citizens were almost as shocked to find out that bestiality isn't a crime in Florida.

But it might be soon.

A Sunrise state senator and a St. Petersburg representative have filed legislation to make it a first-degree felony to have sex with animals or promote or advertise bestiality.

"It's true. It's sick. There needs to be a law," said Democratic Sen. Nan Rich, a longtime crusader for children and animal rights. "There are 30 states that make this a crime. Florida isn't one of them."

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who called the situation "unbelievable," said Thursday he would sign the bill into law if it made it to his desk.

Source: Detroit Free Press

New State Song Contest Winner Announced

Pompano Beach music teachers song voted the winner

By 970 WFLA

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (970 WFLA) - Jan Hinton of Pompano Beach came to the Florida Music Educators' Association Clinic-Conference as a music educator, and she'll be leaving as the winner of the state song search.

Hinton, a primary music teacher at Pine Crest School in Fort Lauderdale. submitted "Florida (Where The Sawgrass Meets The Sky)" to the Just Sing, Florida contest.

Hinton's song was named the winner at an award presentation led by Senator Tony Hill. The King High School PRIDE chorus, directed by Telena Hamm presented a charming performance of the song before a surprised and proud Hinton. The choir practiced each of the top three songs and were notified of the winning song just prior to the announcement.

"I've had butterflies in my stomach since this morning and when I heard the choir sing my song I felt overwhelmed with emotion," said Hinton. "They sang my song so beautifully and I feel honored and thrilled to be the winner."

Since December 11, 2007, Floridians have been voting for their favorite finalist's entry. Songwriters Christopher Marshall ("My Florida Home"), Carl Ashley and Betsy Dixon ("Florida, My Home") were the other finalists.

Toyota Tundra Lake Talquin Tournament Kicks Off 2008 Season

basspro.giftoytundrawithlogosm.jpg

Bass Pro Shops Crappie Masters kicks off the 2008 season with the opening one day national qualifying tournament. The Toyota Tundra Lake Talquin tournament in Tallahassee, Florida will be held on January 19th, 2008. Sponsored by Bass Pro Shops, Tracker Boats, Toyota Tundra, Mercury Marine, Minn-Kota, Hummingbird and the Tallahassee Sports Commission anglers will compete for a guaranteed minimum of $12,000.00 cash plus prizes. The top 20 teams will qualify for the National Championship held October 15-18, 2008 at Harris Chain of Lakes in Tavares, FL.

2007 tournament champions was Food Source team of Stephen and Kevin McElroy who weighed in 7 fish for 15.01 lbs. They finished better than a pound above the field. In 2008 the team will be in a Food Source shrink wrap defending their title.

Seminar and late entry registration is January 18, 2008 at the Days Inn in Tallahassee, Fl. formerly the Tallahasseee Inn. The tournament on Saturday will weigh-in at Whippoorwill Sportsman Lodge.

Source: Crappie Masters

Toyota Tundra Lake Talquin Tournament Kicks Off 2008 Season

Bass Pro Shops Crappie Masters kicks off the 2008 season with the opening one day national qualifying tournament. The Toyota Tundra Lake Talquin tournament in Tallahassee, Florida will be held on January 19th, 2008. Sponsored by Bass Pro Shops, Tracker Boats, Toyota Tundra, Mercury Marine, Minn-Kota, Hummingbird and the Tallahassee Sports Commission anglers will compete for a guaranteed minimum of $12,000.00 cash plus prizes. The top 20 teams will qualify for the National Championship held October 15-18, 2008 at Harris Chain of Lakes in Tavares, FL.

2007 tournament champions was Food Source team of Stephen and Kevin McElroy who weighed in 7 fish for 15.01 lbs. They finished better than a pound above the field. In 2008 the team will be in a Food Source shrink wrap defending their title.

Seminar and late entry registration is January 18, 2008 at the Days Inn in Tallahassee, Fl. formerly the Tallahasseee Inn. The tournament on Saturday will weigh-in at Whippoorwill Sportsman Lodge.

Source: Crappie Masters

Another 'Lost' billboard

Pop reader Chris C. just e-mailed me about another Lost billboard sighting. This time, it happened in Tallahassee, Fla.

"I was driving home last night and saw this," he says. "I checked a few sites, and no one had seen these before. Just wanted to share ..."

We have one week until the new season premieres. Can you feel the excitement? What does this sign mean?

Source: USA TODAY

I feel i will be leaving Tally at its prime... Its all coming together now.. We have some nice new buildings downtown, more on the way. (Embassy Suites, Aloft, Floridan,Alliance Center, Florida Retail Fed. Gaines Street is moving) And, I-10 is being widened and improvements and such. Capital Circle is being dealt with, Malls are popping up (One at I-10 and us 90) The Airport is gaining Carriers Public and Private, New Retailers are entering the market (bass pro shops, IHOP, Etc.) and All of this is going on, while our city is leading the nation in going green initiative, and Affordable Housing...

This really is a great city and place to live,

I will be back but I must move on after college.

I feel i will be leaving Tally at its prime... Its all coming together now.. We have some nice new buildings downtown, more on the way. (Embassy Suites, Aloft, Floridan,Alliance Center, Florida Retail Fed. Gaines Street is moving) And, I-10 is being widened and improvements and such. Capital Circle is being dealt with, Malls are popping up (One at I-10 and us 90) The Airport is gaining Carriers Public and Private, New Retailers are entering the market (bass pro shops, IHOP, Etc.) and All of this is going on, while our city is leading the nation in going green initiative, and Affordable Housing...

This really is a great city and place to live,

I will be back but I must move on after college.

Man Builds Himself a Billion Dollar Home

At 27 Stories, Mukesh Ambani's Home Will Have a Helipad, a Health Club and 600 Servants

india_tower_080128_ms.jpg

The house -- more like a tower, really -- is estimated to cost $1 billion, and its future resident, Mukesh Ambani, is India's richest man.Publications ranging from Portfolio to the The Guardian have run features on the skyscraper home, citing various amenities, which include, of course, a swimming pool, multiple "safe" rooms and 600 servants. Along with a health club, the abode will reportedly have a home theater and a helipad, and the tower will include six floors for 168 car parking spaces. At 570 feet tall, the home's 27 stories will look more like 60 because the ceilings are so high, according to The Guardian. All of this for one family consisting of Ambani, his wife, Neeta, their three children and Ambiani's mother.

UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}date

ht_ambani_080117_ms.jpg

Source: ABCNews.com