TallySheet

bobliocatt

:dontknow: Why a new site? I do like reading about other cities and places too on here. A Tally only site will make us too insular and probably harder for new folks to find via search engines like Google. Besides there is so much info, history and photos here. I'll go over there and give it a shot when it's all up and running, right now there appears to only be an index page. Even though I'm usually a proponent of change, I'm just not sure this is the right path???? :dunno:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida (TauranJ) asked that Neo and I re-instate his moderator abilities on this forum. We had not yet made any decisions on the matter given the history but also time. so I assume Florida decided to leave in impatience. Given what has happened I am glad we took our time to consider the matter and the matter is closed now as far as I am concerned. If we decide another moderator is needed or you guys would like to have one, we will consider someone else.

Please resume the subject of this topic and thanks everyone for being a part of UrbanPlanet.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this toady on WTXL ABC 27 Tallahassee website:

"Tallahassee residents now have a new tool to keep up with the city's growth.

Urban Tallahassee.com is a new website that tracks the city's economic development. When major projects come to town you'll no longer have to wait to see where they'll be or what they'll look like.

There are currently 50 projects detailed on the website."

I tried to stay out of this discussion but when I read this comment I got a little perturbed. Excuse my ignorance but I thought that Tallahassee had Urban Planet to-go-to to see what Major projects will be or what they looked like!? :dontknow: IMHO this statement here shows that Urban Tallahassee will compete with UP. Plus TJ even has this on his front page. I mean come on!

Urban Tallahassee.com is a new website that tracks the city's economic development. When major projects come to town you'll no longer have to wait to see where they'll be or what they'll look like.

I tried to stay out of this discussion but when I read this comment I got a little perturbed. Excuse my ignorance but I thought that Tallahassee had Urban Planet to-go-to to see what Major projects will be or what they looked like!? :dontknow: IMHO this statement here shows that Urban Tallahassee will compete with UP. Plus TJ even has this on his front page. I mean come on!

No doubt TJ called this in. Never underestimate the drive of someone who is angry at something and has a huge ego. I think this goes even further to show that TJ's intention was never to be a "friendly" site, but rather to be a competitive site.

Again though, I would certainly hate to find out he is working on this site while working at DEP. I would hate for Secretary Sole to find out about that. Although I dont know anyone here who know's the secretary well enough to do anything like that, do any of you? ;)

Edited by Go Gators

I'm not a member of the other site, so I'm not sure how much limited info. I am looking at there compared to what members see. My questions for members are: Can you as members discuss things over there like we can here? And most importantly, does that site, since we've been told it's not a competitive site, provide any links to this site....such as a just a simple standard link or in the discussion/info pages something that says "to discuss this project further, please go to urban planet Tally." That to me would be what a complimentary site would do (I put out the olive branch and provided a link to the new site in our IHOP thread) but a competitive site would make no mention of this site. Just curious, thanks!

mracca you're thoughts are the same as mine.

Exactly, Poonther.

The Orlando forum came together, discussed what they would like to see in their site, and a few of their members built it. Its orlandoskyscrapers.com, and right there on the front page is a link to UP Orlando. That is a complimentary site. No egos were involved in it, and a great product was made.

I'm not a member of the other site, so I'm not sure how much limited info. I am looking at there compared to what members see. My questions for members are: Can you as members discuss things over there like we can here? And most importantly, does that site, since we've been told it's not a competitive site, provide any links to this site....such as a just a simple standard link or in the discussion/info pages something that says "to discuss this project further, please go to urban planet Tally." That to me would be what a complimentary site would do (I put out the olive branch and provided a link to the new site in our IHOP thread) but a competitive site would make no mention of this site. Just curious, thanks!

Thanks for the information Glenn. I sincerely hope your appeal works!

GG I never knew another discussion board about O-town development existed. Thanks for the link and you sure can tell that site is complimentary to the UP-Orlando site here b/c of the huge and easy to read/find link on their homepage.

Edited by poonther

I have to say "perturbed" was my feeling when I saw this same story on wtxl. Why didn't TJ advertise urbanplanet like he did his own site? Simple answer:ego. As I read more and more and think and think, it becomes clear he was only in it for himself and left when he couldn't get his own way. Heck, he even stuck it to urbanplanet by naming his site very close to this forum. There was no intention to create a complimentary site. So, I have no intention of visiting his site or wanting links to his site on this forum.

We dont have to worry about TJ's ego-based story sent by himself to WTXL...nobody watches that station anyway. If he had any sense (which is debatable), he would have sent it to WCTV, where the numbers are much better. But his ego has also told himself that WTXL is the superior station, so I guess it was expected.

A certain, unnamed website has put its name on renderings that belong to the developers/contractors/etc. I have sent these images, along with links to the companies that may have copyright cases against the unnamed website. I will keep you updated with any new information.

:)

A certain, unnamed website has put its name on renderings that belong to the developers/contractors/etc. I have sent these images, along with links to the companies that may have copyright cases against the unnamed website. I will keep you updated with any new information.

:)

GG and all who are interested, I emailed Mike Mccall at WCTV who is a member of our site, to see if he could run a small blurb similar to TJ's attempt at WTXL..

We will see what happens!!!

Also, TJ posted his site on facebook on the KCCI group, and Right above it, I posted a link endorsing Urban Planet Tallahassee with another link!

GG and all who are interested, I emailed Mike Mccall at WCTV who is a member of our site, to see if he could run a small blurb similar to TJ's attempt at WTXL..

We will see what happens!!!

Also, TJ posted his site on facebook on the KCCI group, and Right above it, I posted a link endorsing Urban Planet Tallahassee with another link!