TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blairstone Hilton is finsished with it's top floor also. It sure is ugly right now, just a concrete box. Also, the old KFC between lafayette and Appalachee pkwy which relocated to cap circle and app has oppened up an awsome little piece of realestate. A nice wedged hotel would be nice, overlooking the gov sq mall and our growing skyline. though, i would rather see the roooms go in to downtown.

I see what you mean. I've seen the new KFC and the New CVS on the corners of 27 and CCSE.... looks good! I love the way each of the buildings controls those corner lots.

For that hotel you're talking about... I think a hotel would be perfect in the spot where they are now tearing down the old Howard Johnsons downtown just before the CSX bridge, right before the Broward Street exit.

maybe the 'ol KFC lot would be a better condo development if the density regulations would allow it. Prime location with the mall in walking distance (though i would never make that quest across appalachee). I think a nice tower would accent that spot... but i am just so eager to throw buildings into the sky anywhere they might have a view.

Edited by csmurphy8885

I know, i thought we were on the edge of a development explosion a few months ago. Now, it seems like the summer heat has everyone sitting inside arguing instead of outside working... The article about the tennyson said 86 of 90 units were sold with few resales... is that not suffecient for action?

^Sure is for a building that isn't even completed. I've heard similar figures for the Tallahassee Center and Kleman Tower as well. Whats more interesting is Sonny Granger said in the article if he could double the project he would sell that out too. Thats a good sign. Plus the fact that we've got a 70/30 split between permanent residents and investors... thats a great percentage as well.

what a great picture for his collection too. and that was only the tenth floor view. residents with the monroe street view will be able to see all the condo projects (except K2) sneaking up through our beautiful canopy. really, i would sacrafice half of my seed to get one of those penthouses... jk, but seriously.

sacrifice half of your seed... nasty man!

What picture for his collection? I've still struggling with how they plan to light this building. If you look at the artist's rendering you see nothing remotely similar to a light, or light post anywhere, are we to expect the "face" will glow in the dark?

I heard they were going to get a bunch of those glow in the dark stars....

the picture that the tallahassee dem had on the cover of buisness section saturday with the article. taken fromt he tenth floor, you can still see the tip of the cities building at kleman and a nice angle on the bancrupcy courts roof top dome and the gradual hills of tallyho

yeah, I shouldnt bash it too much. as a local paper, it has published two stories and at least 10 pieces of my art. if it sucks then i guess i suck.

completely unrelated.. what is the tall part of the RA Grey building... i know there are a few small perfomance like auditoriusm, but nothing that would nee that much rigging room.

July, 15

The City of Tallahassee was notified by the three major bond-rating agencies this week that its Consolidated Utility System (water, sewer and stormwater) received among the highest ratings possible. This timely information is in anticipation of the issuance of $41 million in system bonds next week