TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a butload of classess today, and the rain came and went almost methodically so that wating five minutes under shelter gave me a rainless walk from the union to copeland, at which time it started raining again. It helped cool it off. ((ps... todays FSUview has a rundown of capus construction.. worth peering at))

GAS BROKE 3.00 today for the first time i can ever recall in tallahassee. The BP on Pensicola and Ocala sign read $3.06 for regular unleaded fuel this afternoon. The state is expected to be at 3.10 or better by the end of the weekend. I will be at poverty level now for sure. Pray for N.O., G.P, and BX.

We need to add a few more cities to that list to pray for... relatives of mine are scattered all over Mississippi. Namely Hattiesburg, where my mother now lives, she and my step father were uprooted from their home and by the grace of God, they were able to make it to Atlanta to see some family there before they get down here to Tallahassee. Power won't be back for 6 weeks according to my mother, her roof is gone, and Hattieburg is in shambles. I haven't been able to contact my family in Jackson as of yet. I'm praying for them too.

If I could ask anything of Tallahasseeans right now, it would be for us to take time and really think about wether we all need to be burning fossil fuels to get to work and school.

I'm but a mere college student, who lives less than a mile from campus and three miles from my job, I can walk... I'm sure there are others who's situations are similar to my own. If people would take the time to figure out wether or not they need to drive their cars that would be of great benifit to society. You would save not only yourself money, but stress would be lifted off of the rest of us as well.

Be responsible... think about our situation and do your part to help out. Many people want to know how they can help those hardest hit by this current disaster, we can all start by using our resources when necessary, and efficiently.

i have a predicament. Gas is my largest monthly expense. I drive over 50 miles a day, everyday. Some days, i hit 100 miles, look around, and am amazed that i have gone nowhere. You all know i have been looking for a new residence, but now, with the cost of living up so much, my budget won't allow the move. I still must move. but here i am looking for a 3rd job. what good is an apartment if i am not ever in it. my life is hell. Its not all my fault. And there is VERY little i can do about it. I cut out all the unneccissary miles i can, i eat 1.5 meals a day, i dont pay my credit card bills, what else can i do. Crying seems like my only option, but then my thoughts turn west... and well, i am blessed. 3.26 a gallon if there is any gas, is still better than sleeping on a highway, with no idea what the world is trying to do for you, or not.

Edited by csmurphy8885

If I could ask anything of Tallahasseeans right now, it would be for us to take time and really think about wether we all need to be burning fossil fuels to get to work and school.

I'm but a mere college student, who lives less than a mile from campus and three miles from my job, I can walk... I'm sure there are others who's situations are similar to my own. If people would take the time to figure out wether or not they need to drive their cars that would be of great benifit to society. You would save not only yourself money, but stress would be lifted off of the rest of us as well.

Be responsible... think about our situation and do your part to help out. Many people want to know how they can help those hardest hit by this current disaster, we can all start by using our resources when necessary, and efficiently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just for the record, I heard that some refugees got kicked out of a Tallahassee hotel so that the hotel could make room for football fans for the FSU game (in a game ironically against the Hurricanes). I know there must be another side to this story, but I still wonder what will happen to those refugees?

the local redcross has room fro 3000, and some churches are coordinating homes with good families willing to take in families. It is unfortunate, but really, smart refugfeees will take the oppertunity to find cheaper rates in South Ga. It is too bad, but a blessing in disquise. we cant forget, everyone gets kicked out for reservations. it is just difficult i imagine.