TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get a whoop-whoop for internet website upgrades... tallahassee dowtnwon improvement authorities website recieves an overhaul!!!!  Tally downtown improvement authority

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good work Murphy... the new site looks much better. It seems like they are "listening to us". I believe not long ago we were talking about just this.

Everyone here knows I used to work for Toyota, I've been a Toyota boy my whole life because they make the greatest cars on earth. My father has worked for Toyota my whole life which is the main reason I love them so much. Anyhow yesterday I witnessed something quite interesting.

Everyone knows about the Toyota vs Honda comparisons. Well I saw two cars yesterday, both the same color, and same model years, equipted similarly facing one another downtown. Apparently the Honda ran out of juice, and stalled and the Toyota came to the rescue. It was quite the sight to see.

CorollaCivic.jpg

Afterwards, I heard the guy in the Civic Singing, "I love what you do for me Toyota, WHOO!!" Then he drove off.

Everyone here knows I used to work for Toyota, I've been a Toyota boy my whole life because they make the greatest cars on earth. My father has worked for Toyota my whole life which is the main reason I love them so much. Anyhow yesterday I witnessed something quite interesting.

Everyone knows about the Toyota vs Honda comparisons. Well I saw two cars yesterday, both the same color, and same model years, equipted similarly facing one another downtown. Apparently the Honda ran out of juice, and stalled and the Toyota came to the rescue. It was quite the sight to see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've always been more of a Mazda/Chevy person myself.

TJ has reached the 2000+ posts mark. Surely this calls for some sort of celebration!

Yo TJ! Look at my post count!

(wait for it)

:w00t:This is my 2001st post!!!!!! :w00t::alc:

So, if this board only allows me to post 3 emoticons per post, does that mean I'll have to cut down on the w00tness of my above statement?

Edited by ironchapman

Just as a side note... yesterday on my way from the C.K. Steel Bus Terminal Downtown to City Hall... there were three "Hard Hat Guys" outside of the Double Tree Hotel seemingly making plans to do some modifications to the building. Now this could be something as simple as painting it... I don't know, but their behavior hinted at something to go down soon.

Also, I got a glimpse at the 10 companies proposing to do some developing along Gaines Street downtown. Their resumes were quite impressive (some of them) others I'd throw away. But seems many of them developed in Miami and Atlanta and are very eager to have the opportunity to test Tallahassee. I'm excited that they're considering us, because it only reinforces what I already know about this community... we are the mark of the future. I'll keep my eyes open.

As a side note... I was crossing Monroe the other day with commissioner Winchester and a few people he knows when I asked him about his project in the All Saints District. He reports he is still moving forward with plans to build there, and I took the opportunity to express the desire to see him go tall. He said he'd actually like that, but his associate didn't like the idea. I'm not sure what role she will actually play in the project, but he says he will try to commision the city for a variance. Right now he is limited to 4-5 stories because of the character of the All Saints Neighorhood. But I'd be passing up a good opportunity if I didn't plant that seed... so I did it. Its good to see his project moving forward.

Thanks Cityboy!!

I just wanted everyone to know I'm doing my part to reduce Global warming, and to ease stress on mother nature's resources (and my wallet). Here's a picture of my new car...

Bike.jpg

No Gas Required for this baby!!

For all of you wondering... I kept my other car, didn't trade it in.

DS2_0119.jpg

You'll probably see me driving it on the weekends. My objective is to put no more than 50-75 miles per week on it. Honk at me if you see me, I'll honk back.