TallySheet

bobliocatt

***While we're on the subject of performers***

Al Jarreau will be performing in Tallahassee on February 21, 2006 for all of my fellow Smooth Jazz lovers out there!!

:shades:

Brought to you by Seven Days of Opening Nights

Info: 644.7670

Tickets: 644.6500

I'll be there TJ, see if you can pick me out of the crowd.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a website tonight, Skyscrapercity.com or something doing a google search, that had some rather interesting comments on Tallahassee. To say the least, there were some very uninformed opinions on my darling city that I'm so tempted to challenege. However, I feel, being an UrbanPlanet member, I'm above that. I did see a familiar name on that site, doing as much as he could to handle the bad information, thanks Murphy!

I also noticed some very familiar pictures on that website, which those uninformed souls didn't deserve to see. If they want the real deal, they need to hop on over to UrbanPlanet! Just thought I'd say thanks to CMurphy... good job over there bud. But... in my opinion, that site lacks in many of the fundamentals... some of those people have it all wrong when it comes to quality urban growth.

Doris Davis, a Leon County woman has come forward to claim her prize. Ms. Davis was likely a woman who very much deserved to win the lottery. I did a search for her property on the county appraisal service and it revealed Mrs Davis lives in a 1930s home worth about $117,000... so she wasn't a rich woman... which to me is good news! I love to hear about someone breaking thru the glass. She elected the one time payment of $27.5 Million which is still the most of any other Leon County Jackpot winner.

Way to go Ms. Davis. Build yourself a highrise condo and let everyone else pay you for it!

Since it appears that, technically, very little is actually off-topic on this thread, I have a question...

How do those of you who post 500 times a day manage to keep up with the most recent messages? I subscribed for email updates, but I was only getting the first message of the thread in the email every day, not the newest ones.

Is there a way for me to see unread posts just in the Tallahassee forum? Currently, I am clicking on Last Post by: on each thread...

What is the advice from the more experienced members (yes, I mean you TJ)?

Glad you asked!

Sadly I know this forum like the back of my hand... but we won't get into all of that.

I don't get e-mail updates on anything. I check the forum at least 5 times a day. When I do, the best feeling is to see the little folders (the red and the blue) shining a bold color. Next to that bold color is a little orange tab... or small orange box. If you click that little orange box, it will take you to the newest post in a particular thread that you haven't read. All of the newest posts will follow.

So say you read posts 1,2,3,4,5,6 in a new thread. You've got to tear yourself away from urban planet to get back to work, or because your girlfriend wants to spend quality time. When you finally get back to Urban Planet-Tallahassee, you'll see all of these bolded folders with the orange tabs... you simply click on the ORANGE tab and it will take your right to where you last left off! In this case you will go to post #7.

If you want to mark all topics read in our forum or any other (which I don't suggest doing) simply go outside to the Main Florida forum and click on the "UP" box next to Tallahassee. The box will loose its bold and go "dry" or dull indicating that there are no new posts, at which point you will click on Tallahassee forum again and see there are no bold folders OR orange tabs/flags at all.

Edited by TaureanJ

TJ, have you been spending too much time on here again? ;)

Excellent advice, TJ.

Also, ifyou click on the orange box he mentioned, it will take you straight to the last unread (one that you haven't read, for clarification) reply on the thread.

Edited by ironchapman