TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey TaureanJ!

I have been wondering for some time why my identity box has a "warn" feature that others don't. Do you know a way to remove this. It makes me feel like I'm on probation.

Thanks,

- P

Only you, and the moderators/administrators can see your warn box. Everyone has them... its not a bad thing. I can't get rid of mine either.

I was pondering this all day today and decided to pose the following question:

If Tallahassee was a woman, what kind of woman would she be?

A.Thin

B.Average-Size (not too big, not too small, but just right)

C.Overweight

D.Obese

:rofl: Honestly, I tried doing this with a straight face. To answer my question, I would rate Tallahassee as a thin woman, but with her growth she could move into the medium-sized range.

Correctly answering your question depends on if we are comparing size to size, or general attractiveness. In the case of Tally, I would say that we are not yet just right, definitely not too large, but not thin on looks or substance. Average isn't inspiring enough for me - I want a petite-medium beauty of a city.

Edited by P_McLane

• 2 weeks later...

NBC's coverage of the olympics has reiterated my disstaste for media... the nagging of the athletes must not continue. it was horrible. I saw a black man win the first individual medal (gold) in the winter games, and hardly crack a smile. I wonder why he was mad!!! Leave people alone!! I saw a Snowbourder win silver after a "trick" grab on the last jump cost her first... and the reporter (while she was still outta breath) asked the same question 3 different ways about y she did it, all three times she said it was an attempt to stabalize... weather truth or not, leave people alone!!!!

(and i have only seen 3 nights worth of this shtitffs)

I didn't see the black guy, but I saw the white girl on her snow board pull the little trick and loose first place on the home stretch. The commentators are far too opinionated in my opinion... reminds me of college sports to a great extent. And yes, I'm tired of the olympics coverage, and I think NBC better watch out because they're spending tons of money on crap. That network is in trouble.

:offtopic:

Attention all idiots who go to clubs to get into fights and shoot it out in the parking lot, KEEP THAT NONSENSE AT HOME <_< Nothing makes me sick than to go to either Chubby's or The Moon on isolated nights and only to hear the news reporter say "Someone got shot on so and so night at Chubby's and/or The Moon, it all stemmed from a verbal disagreement which escalated into gunfighting" Just like The Moon got a bad rep for fights and the murder in '97, Chubby's is quickly following in Moon's footsteps. Don't get it twisted, The Moon is garbage the vast majority of the time it's open, but when hip-hop/rap concerts come there, I'm all in there :shades: In a previous edition of FSView, a student was quoted as saying "The recent shootings at Chubby's has kept me from going there" or something to that effect. I'm not gonna let a few stupid fools keep me from having a good time, but the fact of the matter is that don't mess it up for everyone else.

P.S: I bet when some white folks heard about the previous violence at Chubby's, they were like "It had to be a n***er who was the guilty party, you know how n****rs like to start trouble wherever they go" :angry:

Edited by EbonyGardens

The problem I think is immaturity. It is so sad that these petty little arguments result into gun violence. Come on middle school is over. I am in highschool and I got the since not to even stoop so low in to getting in an argument over he said she said stuff. I really don't I would probaly never go to a club in Tallahassee just because of the students. They spoil everything.

:offtopic:

Attention all idiots who go to clubs to get into fights and shoot it out in the parking lot, KEEP THAT NONSENSE AT HOME <_< Nothing makes me sick than to go to either Chubby's or The Moon on isolated nights and only to hear the news reporter say "Someone got shot on so and so night at Chubby's and/or The Moon, it all stemmed from a verbal disagreement which escalated into gunfighting" Just like The Moon got a bad rep for fights and the murder in '97, Chubby's is quickly following in Moon's footsteps. Don't get it twisted, The Moon is garbage the vast majority of the time it's open, but when hip-hop/rap concerts come there, I'm all in there :shades: In a previous edition of FSView, a student was quoted as saying "The recent shootings at Chubby's has kept me from going there" or something to that effect. I'm not gonna let a few stupid fools keep me from having a good time, but the fact of the matter is that don't mess it up for everyone else.

P.S: I bet when some white folks heard about the previous violence at Chubby's, they were like "It had to be a n***er who was the guilty party, you know how n****rs like to start trouble wherever they go" :angry:

WHOA!!! This is not appropriate for this discussion board. Please refrain from making these types of comments.

Wow, you basically just summed up your level of intelligence in that one little paragraph. I know thats exactly what I was thinking (sarcasm)...people need to move on from that, its getting REALLY old. Weve moved on, you now need to.

Ignorance at its finest just displayed...

Edited by Go Gators

Not really, I'm just telling it how it is (not that it matters but I'm black). My wording sucked, yes. But in general, it's annoying when fools use nightlife as an excuse to bust guns.

I understand that you think that "thats how it is," but had I said that as a white male, I would have been accused of being a racist. So I dont much appreciate you making generalizations like that.

Yes, it was a fine display of ignorance.

If anyone is wondering what happened to some of the pictures in our forum... I made some changes to the folders on my image hosting site. I had several misspelled words and poorly titled categories so I changed them. Of course I didn't realize at the time this would break the link to the image from Urbanplanet... so when I get the time.... I'll go through and personally redo all of those we've lost. They haven't been deleted from the image hosting site, the name of the categories have merely changed to allow me better access to them, to speed up my ability to post pictures.

I apologize in advance for any troubles this caused.

• 1 month later...

It has come to my attention that ALL of our major ongoing projects are due for a picture update soon. I have my camera in the car this evening and I'll be taking some pictures after work (as many as I can before the sun goes down)

From general observation:

Tennyson is almost ready to move into.

Tallahassee Center is moving along steadily, precast is being placed along the bottom level exterior walls, balcony bars are going on as well as the windows. I'm wondering what the hold up is with the roof.

The Plaza Tower has made significant steps since our last pictures were taken, there's at least 10 feet of foundation to capture along the eastern wall of the building. Tonight they'll be closing Brounough Street to do some sewage work near this project.

The Marriott RI at Gaines and Railroad is moving up at a nice pace. Its good quality construction, I like the materials being used and the way in which the crew is handling the work. I think this signature building is well on its way to being completed on schedule.

I haven't had a chance to view The Cloister's lately, although I need to get over to Florida Commerce and make a quick deposit at the Department of Education Building.

I've also not had a chance to see what's going on with the Adam's Street Lofts.

The Symphony site is clear, but the signs of the building have been removed. Somewhat discomforting, I'm not sure where this one is going. Maybe they'll come back with a design of stucco instead of brick, who knows.

No activity on the College Park Commons site, last I heard, the project is going back to the drawing boards in order to make units more affordable having faced lighter than expected pre-sales for the project. I think builder should consider scrapping the smaller second building, and just concentrate on the tower, possibly adding more height to compensate for the loss of the second building.

City staff actively in talks with McKibbon Group, developers of the Floridan Hotel block (currently occupied by YATES construction trailors). No final word on design, what we have in the thread is the latest info I've recieved with the W themed hotel being the new word.

Booth has not released its plans for the old BP station lot, but surely when they do I'll be on top of that.

Nothing from the new owners of the corner of College and Monroe where Hair on Earth and some various other association offices used to be. We're expecting another Highpoint Center proposal, but not holding breath.

That's all I have for now