TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I heard from another poster on this board, his best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who said this is Southern Strategy's parking lot and basketball court. Another High Point Center would be good, so long as the lease rates are reasonable.

Not too dumb CSM, maybe just too young for the Ferris Bueller reference is all. Southern Strategy is a powerful lobby group in town. I believe the FSU traitor Jim Thrasher is an owner of this very connected lobbyist group. Personally I'd love to see their parking and B-Ball court (somehow I just can't see Thrasher shooting hoops) taken away for another Highpoint Center!

• 2 weeks later...

Downtown Streets to Close Briefly for Protest March

Duval Street, between Gaines and Pensacola Streets, and Madison Street, between St. Augustine Road and Duval Street, will be closed to motorists Friday, April 21, from 9 to 10 a.m.

The roads will be closed to accommodate a protest march of an anticipated 3,000 to 4,000 people, including Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, TV's Judge Mathis, members of the NAACP and others, according to the Tallahassee Police Department. The march will begin at the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center and end at the State Capitol.

Northbound traffic should use Monroe Street during this time, and eastbound traffic should use Gaines Street. Detours will be posted, and Tallahassee Police officers will be directing traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL! I'm proud of you buddy. I'm also kinda worried... worried sick that you noticed all that!

It kind of sticks in my mind because it was the first forum I ever joined. I've joined several since then (on several different subjects, not just urbanism).

......And I seem to have an excellent memory for things like dates, names, etc.

Anyways, it wasn't long ago that you had your one year anniversary as well. Congrats! :yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by ironchapman

• 1 month later...

Just what we needed....another vacant store! :( The Harvey's grocery store on Capital Circle SE at Park Avenue/Conner Blvd is now closed. Wonder if the new Publix at Park & Blairstone was the final nail in the coffin for them? I never shopped there but they never seemed to be that busy anytime I drove by. I just hate to see us with another big box vacancy. We have too many already. Hope this doesn't lead to the demise of the rest of this shopping center. It seems like this would be a prime piece of real estate.

BTW, the manager of the new Publix, Rick Kennedy, told me they've already far exceeded their sales projections for the new store at Park & Blairstone & they are extremely pleased with everything but the parking lot situation. Now wouldn't you think they could have seen that problem way before they moved over there??? :huh:

Edited by Glenn

I'm w/you Glenn about another large retail space being empty. I always find that sort of depressing. I'd never been in that Harvey's even way back when it was a Food Lion, but still I'm sad to see it go. Thanks for the update. Has anything moved into the Old Italian Pie location on Cap. Circle yet? I rarely get over to that stretch of road.

I thought Mr. Vetter was the store manager at Blairsone and Park.

TJ, Maybe Rick Kennedy is a District Manager or something, I'm not sure. I just saw him in there one day & saw that his picture was on the wall where they post all the managers mug shots & started talking to him. I should have clarified that "I spoke to one of the managers of the new Publix". Didn't mean to mislead.

Poonther, Italian Pie on CC still appears to be vacant. I'll try to drive into the parking lot one day to see if there are any signs, notices, etc posted in the windows.

On another note, I saw where a furniture store was being proposed on the vacant lot across from Sam's Club. Why couldn't they look at renovating the old Harvey's just up the street & go there instead??? :huh: It just seems a shame to keep clearing virgin property & building more big box stores when we already have other big box vacancies in the vicinity. :huh:

Edited by Glenn

Poonther, Italian Pie on CC still appears to be vacant. I'll try to drive into the parking lot one day to see if there are any signs, notices, etc posted in the windows.

On another note, I saw where a furniture store was being proposed on the vacant lot across from Sam's Club. Why couldn't they look & renovating the old Harvey's just up the street & go there instead??? :huh: It just seems a shame to keep clearing virgin property & building more big box stores when we already have big box vacancies in the vicinity. :huh:

Thanks for keeping an eye for me on that section of Cap Circle Glenn. I never seem to travel the part between Park and Apalachee.

Yeah I too saw where something called Price Furniture (or at least that's the submittal name) wants to build a new store just north of Cross Creek shopping center. DUH! I just edited this part b/c I read your statement on HARVEY'S to be HAVERTY'S. Just a brain fart on my part...sorry....carry on. :)

Edited by poonther