TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That post was from August 29, almost 2 weeks ago. Gas prices are now as low as $2.30 in Tallahassee. I filled up Friday at $2.37 a gallon.

Might I ask, AlabamaGuy, what drives you here on UrbanPlanet? Do you like to compare your city with others?

Haha, I was just making note that our gas price was about $2.44.

• 3 weeks later...

In his new commercial.

Oh, well I'm sure you know why I've not seen it yet........(beloved DVR.) I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

So far I've been very disappointed in Mayernick's campaigning since the primary. Now was the time for him to be seen everywhere and work on getting all those that didn't vote for Bob R. to vote for him. Have you guys seen him campaign much since Sept?

Not really... and honestly at this point... he doesn't stand a chance. Ratcliff will likely coast to victory, but his claims in his latest commercial are amazing! Does he really expect us to believe he's building cascades park, building highways, turning landfills into greenspace, improving mass transit by himself? Some of those things he was indirectly involved in.

Oh, well I'm sure you know why I've not seen it yet........(beloved DVR.) I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

So far I've been very disappointed in Mayernick's campaigning since the primary. Now was the time for him to be seen everywhere and work on getting all those that didn't vote for Bob R. to vote for him. Have you guys seen him campaign much since Sept?

Mayernick is putting the finishing touches on his "war chest." He should be going public again sometime next week, from what I understand.

Dont write him off just yet.

Everyone be sure to thank Commissioners Proctor and Thaell for voting "no" to open up bids for your garbage pick-up.

I caught last night's commission meeting just before going to bed on replay. What a circus! I was just going to watch a few minutes of it and head to bed, but the meeting and clowns that we have elected as commissioners were just too crazy not to watch. At one point Winchester and Rackleff bragged about how they voted against money for the foreign company, Tuborcor (I wonder if they'd feel the same against a foreign company like Toyota or Siemens etc) and Thaell immediately stood up and stated how he voted for that project. Rackleff did a lot of campaigning at the meeting everytime he spoke. He's really reaching for the crowd that wants Tally to remain unchanged like it was when they moved here. He's going after what I call the fear and ignorance vote. Proctor just kept on trying to skip over Rackleff, cutting him off and not letting him speak several times. Sauls, well she needs to go to a different beauty shop b/c the one she's going to now isn't doing her justice. All in all it's a circus, I've seen 4th graders hold a more orderly productive meeting.

I caught last night's commission meeting just before going to bed on replay. What a circus! I was just going to watch a few minutes of it and head to bed, but the meeting and clowns that we have elected as commissioners were just too crazy not to watch. At one point Winchester and Rackleff bragged about how they voted against money for the foreign company, Tuborcor (I wonder if they'd feel the same against a foreign company like Toyota or Siemens etc) and Thaell immediately stood up and stated how he voted for that project. Rackleff did a lot of campaigning at the meeting everytime he spoke. He's really reaching for the crowd that wants Tally to remain unchanged like it was when they moved here. He's going after what I call the fear and ignorance vote. Proctor just kept on trying to skip over Rackleff, cutting him off and not letting him speak several times. Sauls, well she needs to go to a different beauty shop b/c the one she's going to now isn't doing her justice. All in all it's a circus, I've seen 4th graders hold a more orderly productive meeting.

LMAO :lol::rofl: If you want comedy, watch a COT commission meeting. It's like WWF but without the physical confrontations.

What time do these thing airs, seems like great fun to watch.

If you're on Comcast, the City Channel is Channel 13 and the County Channel is either 16 or 18 or somewhere in that region. They replay these commission meetings all the time so they are pretty easy to catch. IMHO City meetings are tame and civil and productive compared to the County circus.

I'm posting this here since it's an off-topic discussion.

My 2 year contract w/Nextel-Sprint cellular service has been fulfilled and I'd like to change cellular service. Nextel has way too many dead-zones for my liking and seems to drop several of my calls. I have a dead-zone in two rooms of my house, most of the rooms in the Hilton hotel I usually stay when in Boca and I don't get service most of the way from my house to Bay County where my parents live.

I thought I'd use the walkie-talkie feature more than I do, so I don't care about having it again. I have two phones on my plan and we usually do well w/a plan that has 1200 to 2000 minutes on it. I would use the service all over the country and regulary in almost all parts of FL.

Please tell me about your cell phone provider and service. Are you happy w/it? How's your coverage in Tally specifically, but also all over the state and even nation? Would you go w/them again? Do you find their prices to be reasonable? What type of phone do you recommend for heavy usage?

I've heard great things about Verizon and I am leaning their way....but I'd also like to hear things about such carriers as Alltel, Cingular (which is about to become AT&T)T-mobile and whoever else I've left out. Or if you have Nextel and have been w/other plans and they aren't as good, please let me know. I'm open to any and all opinions.

Thanks very much. I'm hoping to switch plans by Nov. 1.

Poonther,

I have Sprint... I've been with them about 3 years now. Sprint's coverage in Tallahassee has been very good to me. Few if any dropped calls driving around. I like the customer service. I have 1000 anytimes, Unlimited Nights and Weekends (8PM), Mobile to Mobile, Nationwide no Roaming, Unlimited Text Messaging all for $46 a month. (This is the amount that appears on my bill, my service is actually $38.) I've been very pleased and plan to stay so long as they don't do anything crazy.

^Thanks for the reply and info TJ. It's always good to hear when someone is happy w/a service.

My question is this: Are Sprint and Nextel the same thing now? Do they share all the same towers? If so, by going w/Sprint...which might not even require a change since Nextel is the same thing, I am right about that??......would I not have the same two dead-zones in my house, the dead-zone in the hotel we stay at many many days per year on biz and lose service all together on my way to see my folks? These are the things I'm trying to fix by swapping services if I do. If I can't change all 3 w/a switch, I'd at least like to change 2 of the 3.

I don't know if they share the same towers or not Poonther, but I do know calls to Nextel Customers for me are considered Mobile 2 Mobile.

I'll look into it and see what I can find out. Thanks again.

GG and mracca, you guys seem like gadget-heads and techies (I mean that as a complement) tell me about your cell carrier and how you feel about it.

BHCav, you seem to have a good eye for these type of things too, tell me, are you happy w/yours? If so who is it?

Anyone else, all info is appreciated.