TallySheet

bobliocatt

I'll look into it and see what I can find out. Thanks again.

GG and mracca, you guys seem like gadget-heads and techies (I mean that as a complement) tell me about your cell carrier and how you feel about it.

BHCav, you seem to have a good eye for these type of things too, tell me, are you happy w/yours? If so who is it?

Anyone else, all info is appreciated.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GG and mracca, you guys seem like gadget-heads and techies (I mean that as a complement) tell me about your cell carrier and how you feel about it.

BHCav, you seem to have a good eye for these type of things too, tell me, are you happy w/yours? If so who is it?

You should go with Cingular we had Tmobile and there coverage sucked Cingular actually has it most places that I go. I prefer to have gsm service so that I can use the same phone while traveling outisde the country besides you have far more options. what phone you should get depends on more then one factor so if oyu could tell me what your needs and wants are I could help.

You should go with Cingular we had Tmobile and there coverage sucked Cingular actually has it most places that I go. I prefer to have gsm service so that I can use the same phone while traveling outisde the country besides you have far more options. what phone you should get depends on more then one factor so if oyu could tell me what your needs and wants are I could help.

Thanks everyone for the replies. My good friend has Cingular and loves it, but the one problem is that she doesn't get receiption where my folks live. :( That's very important as is excellent coverage in ALL of Leon county and continous service from here to South FL via 10/75/turnpike. It would also be nice to have coverage on 27/19. But I do love rollover minutes, don't get that now w/Nextel.

It would be 2 phones used for personal and biz. We average about 1200 to 1500 minutes per month. Yeah I know...yak yak yak yak.

Thanks everyone for the replies. My good friend has Cingular and loves it, but the one problem is that she doesn't get receiption where my folks live. :( That's very important as is excellent coverage in ALL of Leon county and continous service from here to South FL via 10/75/turnpike. It would also be nice to have coverage on 27/19. But I do love rollover minutes, don't get that now w/Nextel.

It would be 2 phones used for personal and biz. We average about 1200 to 1500 minutes per month. Yeah I know...yak yak yak yak.

Could someone help me understand why the Tallahassee Democrat doesn't offer Florida A&M football the same attention and coverage it affords to Florida State's struggling football team? FAMU had a victory yesterday, but it is mentioned as an after thought beneath the huge headline highlighting FSU's defeat. Not only that, but one can follow the play-by-play and box score for FSU, FAMU has no such offering. What could be the issue here?

Could someone help me understand why the Tallahassee Democrat doesn't offer Florida A&M football the same attention and coverage it affords to Florida State's struggling football team? FAMU had a victory yesterday, but it is mentioned as an after thought beneath the huge headline highlighting FSU's defeat. Not only that, but one can follow the play-by-play and box score for FSU, FAMU has no such offering. What could be the issue here?

Ok? I know money talks, but these people are in the business to inform regardless of the compensation. And I know there are more people that would like to hear about Florida State Football than FAMU as evident by the sizes of the schools and the turn out for the football games, but FAMU is still a great part of Tallahassee that is being ignored by all aspects of local media. I just don't understand.

Ok? I know money talks, but these people are in the business to inform regardless of the compensation. And I know there are more people that would like to hear about Florida State Football than FAMU as evident by the sizes of the schools and the turn out for the football games, but FAMU is still a great part of Tallahassee that is being ignored by all aspects of local media. I just don't understand.

I'm posting this here since it's an off-topic discussion.

My 2 year contract w/Nextel-Sprint cellular service has been fulfilled and I'd like to change cellular service. Nextel has way too many dead-zones for my liking and seems to drop several of my calls. I have a dead-zone in two rooms of my house, most of the rooms in the Hilton hotel I usually stay when in Boca and I don't get service most of the way from my house to Bay County where my parents live.

I thought I'd use the walkie-talkie feature more than I do, so I don't care about having it again. I have two phones on my plan and we usually do well w/a plan that has 1200 to 2000 minutes on it. I would use the service all over the country and regulary in almost all parts of FL.

Please tell me about your cell phone provider and service. Are you happy w/it? How's your coverage in Tally specifically, but also all over the state and even nation? Would you go w/them again? Do you find their prices to be reasonable? What type of phone do you recommend for heavy usage?

I've heard great things about Verizon and I am leaning their way....but I'd also like to hear things about such carriers as Alltel, Cingular (which is about to become AT&T)T-mobile and whoever else I've left out. Or if you have Nextel and have been w/other plans and they aren't as good, please let me know. I'm open to any and all opinions.

Thanks very much. I'm hoping to switch plans by Nov. 1.

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed Orlando recently got itself a Coffee House. That's how you know you've really made it on UrbanPlanet as a forum when you get a Coffee House. They lead us by about 6000 posts, and are a lot more active than we are in keeping the conversations going, but I'm curious about how interested you all are in having a Tallahassee Coffee House. It would basically be a subforum for Tallahassee where we would discuss non-construction/buiding issues, but a place where we can talk about current events such as sports, politics, social issues and such.

I've noticed Orlando recently got itself a Coffee House. That's how you know you've really made it on UrbanPlanet as a forum when you get a Coffee House. They lead us by about 6000 posts, and are a lot more active than we are in keeping the conversations going, but I'm curious about how interested you all are in having a Tallahassee Coffee House. It would basically be a subforum for Tallahassee where we would discuss non-construction/buiding issues, but a place where we can talk about current events such as sports, politics, social issues and such.

Yeah... regular posters is a hot topic for me. I've been trying to boost involvement every way I know how. I see we have almost 100 Tallahassee members, probably 15 of us are active. I think it would be nice to have an off topic thread for our debates and other off-topic discussions but more importantly we just need to increase the activity on these boards.