TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that a parking garage can expect to have between 1 car per 300-400 sq ft. A single vehicle stall is between 115 and 200 sq ft, depending on the design, plus whatever space is required to get the cars to where they need to go.

By those numbers, you could expect to park between 100 and 125 cars in your 40,000 sq ft lot.

Consequently, my truck is not happy with anything less than a 10x20 "full-size" stall.

TJ - why would you think I know anything about parking garages?

Yeah... regular posters is a hot topic for me. I've been trying to boost involvement every way I know how. I see we have almost 100 Tallahassee members, probably 15 of us are active. I think it would be nice to have an off topic thread for our debates and other off-topic discussions but more importantly we just need to increase the activity on these boards.

Doing much better than the South Florida Forum. Was trying to look up information about West Palm Beach, but there is like on topic about it and it is 2 weeks old.

I suppose this would be a good place to make an annoucement. I will be leaving Tallahassee within the next 6 months. Been thinking about it for a while and after finding nothing in my field with decent benefits, I decided to make a move. I also want to try to live a BIG city for a bit (I'm young, I want to try a few places before settling down). There are a few other reasons as well, but they are rather personal and I wish not to get into them.

Probably heading down to West Palm Beach to stay with my parents for a bit before moving to a BIG city (looking at Toronto right now).

Good for you DD5! I'll be sorry to see you go, but understand your reasons. If I were your age and wanted to live in a big city, I'd live in the center or as close as I could and make it a walking city...Boston, NYC, SF etc not a car city like LA, ATL etc. Toronto? Wow you serious? You like cold weather? What are the rules for an American to work long term in Canada?

Good for you DD5! I'll be sorry to see you go, but understand your reasons. If I were your age and wanted to live in a big city, I'd live in the center or as close as I could and make it a walking city...Boston, NYC, SF etc not a car city like LA, ATL etc. Toronto? Wow you serious? You like cold weather? What are the rules for an American to work long term in Canada?

DD5,

I'm sad to hear you'll be leaving us but I'm excited for you. I like the idea of you exploring the big cities for a while. If I HAD to leave Tallahassee for a bigger city I'd be going to Chicago myself. To me it feels like home away from home, but I can't really say why. I like the weather there also. Perhaps when you make it big, and you've lived away for a while, you can shoot some ideas back at us. And hopefully by then we're able to do some of them.

Best wishes to you.

Doing much better than the South Florida Forum. Was trying to look up information about West Palm Beach, but there is like on topic about it and it is 2 weeks old.

I suppose this would be a good place to make an annoucement. I will be leaving Tallahassee within the next 6 months. Been thinking about it for a while and after finding nothing in my field with decent benefits, I decided to make a move. I also want to try to live a BIG city for a bit (I'm young, I want to try a few places before settling down). There are a few other reasons as well, but they are rather personal and I wish not to get into them.

Probably heading down to West Palm Beach to stay with my parents for a bit before moving to a BIG city (looking at Toronto right now).

I don't know why it was a sad day when your team was just invited to play in the national title college football game. Sure loosing to the Noles was bad news for you all, but there was surely something there to off set this disappointment.

Edited to add: Last night was good to be a Seminole!

Edited by TaureanJ

The BCS invite is very cool for the football team. I think the sports media never took Florida seroiusly until the end of the season(Kind of like what happend in the NCAA champonship they one last year in Basketball). We have the toughest schedule in the country this year and no one thought they could make it this far.

Not to take anything away from the Seminoles win but, Florida did play really bad for that game. One of there main players Brewer didn't play and half of the starting team just got over some illnesses they had during the Kansas game which they lost as well. FSU did play very well and if they can keep playing like that all season you never know, we could see them in the NCAA tournement.

I am Gator fan first but I do like watching the home town team play and win as well.

Now maybe if we can just get the noles football team straightened out we can have some heated rivally games when both teams played at the top of there potential on game day and all eyes in college football where focused on Tally and Gville.

:)