TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this would be a good place to make an announcement. I will be leaving Tallahassee within the next 6 months. Been thinking about it for a while and after finding nothing in my field with decent benefits, I decided to make a move. I also want to try to live a BIG city for a bit (I'm young, I want to try a few places before settling down). There are a few other reasons as well, but they are rather personal and I wish not to get into them.

Probably heading down to West Palm Beach to stay with my parents for a bit before moving to a BIG city (looking at Toronto right now).

1st Annual Capital City Countdown

MeandWigs.jpg

Mr. Thompson, Mrs. Anita Favors-Thompson, Mayor Marks, Mrs. Marks, and Me! :D

I had a great time!!! It's kinda like a downtown getdown, only with fireworks, and on Kleman Plaza. They were supossed to drop a ball similar to NYC but they weren't sure if the weather would permit.

I'm looking forward to Next Year, if the Good Lord's willing.

Change is coming at the top for TPD. Who should replace McNeil...insider or outsider???

Crist taps Tallahassee Police Chief

Governor Charlie Crist will announce today that he has chosen Walt McNeil, the Tallahassee Police Department chief, to take over as secretary of the Department of Juvenile Justice. McNeil told his command staff this morning that he was leaving his post to accept the job from the Crist administration. This is not McNeil's first attempt to seek a job in state government: He was a finalist for the job of Florida Department of Law Enforcement commissioner that went to Gerald Bailey.

The decision means that it is unlikely that former Miami Beach Rep. Gus Barreiro, who led the charge to close juvenile boot camps in the wake of the death of Martin Lee Anderson, will wind up with a job in the Crist administration.

Edited by Glenn

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else been reading this gal's blog online at the Tally Democrat: http://www2.blogger.com/profile/09902464842488330081

Her name is Stacey and she's a pretty smart and aware cookie IMHO. She talks about several topics we've discussed here before...like today in her blog she mentions the lack of a good website for our airport. Sound familiar guys? :huh:

I've posted to her blog a few times anonymously including today where I plugged UP/Tally. TJ, she is on the Knight Committee also and seems to think along the same lines as you, so introduce yourself when you get the chance at those meetings.

Edited by poonther

Has anyone else been reading this gal's blog online at the Tally Democrat: http://www2.blogger.com/profile/09902464842488330081

Her name is Stacey and she's a pretty smart and aware cookie IMHO. She talks about several topics we've discussed here before...like today in her blog she mentions the lack of a good website for our airport. Sound familiar guys? :huh:

I've posted to her blog a few times anonymously including today where I plugged UP/Tally. TJ, she is on the Knight Committee also and seems to think along the same lines as you, so introduce yourself when you get the chance at those meetings.

Why do you live/work in this region? How did you make this decision? Have you thought of moving elsewhere? Why?

Are there people in this region living out their dreams?

Is the region on the rise, standing firm or falling behind as destination for skilled people, companies and new ideas?

What does the region need in order to attract vibrant citizens?

What assets (both physical and man-made) does the region currently have that might attract and retain people?

Do you find the region welcoming to different types of people? (language, religious, sexual preference, immigrants, artists, entrepreneurs) To new people or ideas?

Are there cities that the region should emulate in order to improve the local quality of life? Why those cities?

How important is leadership in the region and do they