TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I just checked the permits issued for this particular Dean Development property. It shows that 7,770 sq ft of Office Space and another 7,770 sq ft of Specialty Retail has been approved for this site. Interestingly enough, it also showed this property as being eligible for the following under it's C-2 Zoning designation:

The C-2 zoning district allows for the potential development of 18,000 square feet of commercial space and 16 residences on the site. Residential development must be on the second floor or above of a containing commercial or office on the first floor. Please be advised that other land development regulations may limit the development potential of the site.

Nothing has been approved under this designation, it just showed it as being eligible. I'll try to make time to take a ride back in there to check it out later this week.

Oh cool, now I'll have to do another "ride-by" and check out those working fountains...then swing by the cleaned-up Ft. Knox Bldg.

I really like the landscaping too. Nice to see something different in town besides the standard Crappy Myrtles. In the first picture you'll notice those purple looking plants to left, they are called Ti plants or Hawaiian Ti plants. When our first frost or even near frost comes, they are toast. They even struggle to survive winters in Central FL and are really only suited for SFL and Hawaiian winters.

Edited by poonther

^ The new Ashley Furniture store is putting in their landscaping this week as well and, among many other things, are using some Palms by the front door. They're were several trucks unloading furniture last night & again this morning. It looks like they're trying to get the doors open fairly soon.

poonther, When you do your drive-by just keep on coming South to check out the new Bowling Center with it's 50 cent trail and the new Ashley store.

^ The new Ashley Furniture store is putting in their landscaping this week as well and, among many other things, are using some Palms by the front door. They're were several trucks unloading furniture last night & again this morning. It looks like they're trying to get the doors open fairly soon.

poonther, When you do your drive-by just keep on coming South to check out the new Bowling Center with it's 50 cent trail and the new Ashley store.

^ So glad you were able to get out for that drive yesterday. I agree with everything you said about each location. I'm not sure why the fountains weren't working at the Dean development when you went by as the North one had been on earlier that morning, maybe they're still in a testing phase. Didn't mean to mislead you. And yes....K-Mart is so fugly from the Blairstone side...the unfinished Kohl's already puts it to shame.

• 2 weeks later...

The new KOHL'S signage is up on side of the the store on the Blairstone side. They were just starting on the Apalachee side this afternoon.

Edited to add: 9/5/07 - The signage is now up on the Apalachee Parkway side too.

Edited by Glenn

I noticed a sign at the old Food Lion on Monroe & Fred George announcing it as the new location of the Northwest Branch of the YMCA. This is great use of this empty space! Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I searched but couldn't find anything on it.

TallaFesta this Weekend!!!

• Friday, 6 to 10 p.m.: Carnival-themed United Way Hancock Bank Downtown Getdown at a special carnival stage on College Avenue and Duval Street.

• Saturday, 10 a.m.: Parade begins on Call and Monroe streets, continues along Monroe to East Jefferson Street and ends on Duval Street and College Avenue.

• Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Kids Karnival, Adams Street commons.

• Saturday, 1-8:30 p.m.: Cultural group performances and international fashion show at community stage in front of City Hall

• Saturday, 8-10 p.m.: Bands perform at the main stage, located near City Hall

• Sunday, 2 to 6 p.m.: Picnic at Tom Brown Park

Does anyone know anything about this proposal? Its sounds pretty big "700 residental units" with the commercial part too for that part of town.

Campus Circle Redevelopment (TPA070086) (21-26-25- A-0030) located on 13.25 acres just NW of the Basin St./Tennessee St. intersection. The proposed project is for the redevelopment of the existing site into 700 residential units at a density of 52.8 units per acre and the construction of an additional 60,000 square feet of retail. The property is zoned CU (Central Urban).

PROJECT COORDINATOR: Northwest Team (891-7100)

Gordon Hansen