TallySheet

bobliocatt

bighard, this is said to be one of the largest Urban Infill projects in modern Tallahassee history. Planners are not sure if the project will be permitted as originally presented but details are limited on that. What I'm able to say is that the consultants for the project are proposing to relocate a storm water pond to reconfigure the site for the project. There's the possibility that this project is large enough to make such a move feasible. It's also uncertain if this project will be built all at once or in stages. Many things are pending the rebound of the U.S. economic situation.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! I was dreading the counting of all those loose pennies I've saved up in a couple of jars in my junk cabinet. :)

Have you even looked at how bad it's doing against the Euro and the Pound? I think its been like that for several years and one of the reasons I've been avoiding travelling to Europe, but next summer I'm going anyway.

Edited by poonther

Good news! I was dreading the counting of all those loose pennies I've saved up in a couple of jars in my junk cabinet. :)

Have you even looked at how bad it's doing against the Euro and the Pound? I think its been like that for several years and one of the reasons I've been avoiding travelling to Europe, but next summer I'm going anyway.

I think it has Glenn, but nothing wrong w/posting it again. My Gaines group was looking into these Greenwise stores as a possible tenant on Gaines since Publix stated that they didn't want to do a regular store on Gaines b/c it would pull too much away from their Ocala Road store. However in the next 2 or 3 years they are only launching Greenwise stores in the South FL and Central FL districts. We of course are in the North FL district which is located in Jax.

I think it has Glenn, but nothing wrong w/posting it again. My Gaines group was looking into these Greenwise stores as a possible tenant on Gaines since Publix stated that they didn't want to do a regular store on Gaines b/c it would pull too much away from their Ocala Road store. However in the next 2 or 3 years they are only launching Greenwise stores in the South FL and Central FL districts. We of course are in the North FL district which is located in Jax.

I know that some of you guys work for the City in different capacities, but anyone work or know someone who works in residential building permits? I hate to vent on the board, but I'm trying to do a residential renovation and when we submitted everything (we're working with a very good architect that did the necessary plans, etc.) we were "assured" that it could take as little as 7 days, but in no event longer than 3 weeks to review and approve. Today is our 3-week anniversary, and we got our first follow-up phone call yesterday and found out this afternoon they're still looking at a few "issues".......oh well, so much for being in by the Christmas holiday. I know things get busy over there, but in a town where some our our elected officials have given a lot of lip-service about streamlining and/or simplifying permitting, etc., should it really take an entire month to issue a permit to a property owner for a renovation to an existing building???? Do they not understand that this is costing us a lot of time and money (we even gave a one-week cushion so our contractors weren't planning on starting until the beginning of week 4, but since that apparently isn't going to happen, we now get bumped down the list again) :angry: ? I don't think it should take a month, but if it could, don't tell us (and this isn't hearsay b/c I turned the permit app in myself and heard it with my own ears) that the process won't take any longer than 3-weeks.

Oh well- anyone got any tips and/or advice? At this point, anything would be appreciated.