TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious,

.....is it just me, or has activity in these forms been depressingly low lately? I've tried nearly every trick in the book to generate more traffic, and get us a bit more engaged with one another on here, but I've clearly not done well enough. Could someone suggest something we could do to resuscitate UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee.

I think I've noticed a decline in morale city-wide. My best guess tells me it was probably sparked by the news of a sluggish Real Estate market. Yet, despite the news of a slow-down, I've been able to bring images of Tallahassee continuing to push forward with the projects that have been proposed and developing.

It would seem there's enough construction activity in the area to have us talking for quite some time. But as you say, it could be that people have managed to pull themselves away from the computer.

I'll admit to certain disappointments regarding the condition of our downtown, airport, and job recruiting efforts but I remain very optimistic about our city's future and appreciative of the progress we have made.

I think Poonther could attest to this, however, there are some people that I would love to put on blast for their "service" to this community. Need I say Moor.... I mean more!? :lol: I need to work on my spelling!

Edited by Florida

I don't think we've been sluggish.

Personally, I try to check (peek) in twice a day from work. I lurk during the day and if I post something it is usually at night at home. Fall, winter and spring are the busiest times of the year for me.

I think you are doing a fantastic job keeping things going.

BTW, our forum is SUPER busy compared to some of the other Florida forums and other UP forums. :thumbsup:

Yea, with me, Special Session is going on, so what little I do get to look/post during the day is from my Blackberry which isnt the most convenient thing to make long posts on. I would keep you all more updated on it in the "Politics" section, but as much as it seems to be changing literally hour to hour, I dont want to have to keep correcting myself!

You're all wonderful. It's just that I did a good bit of "getting the word out" about UrbanPlanet this month and I haven't seen many new "faces" around, nor have I seen many of our old faces return to drop us a line or two. I'm just hoping I or we collectively haven't done anything to turn our audience away. If so I'd like to know so I can make some changes.

You're all wonderful. It's just that I did a good bit of "getting the word out" about UrbanPlanet this month and I haven't seen many new "faces" around, nor have I seen many of our old faces return to drop us a line or two. I'm just hoping I or we collectively haven't done anything to turn our audience away. If so I'd like to know so I can make some changes.

Thats great that you have! But, I remember when I first started reading UP, I think it was 3-4 months later until I actually registered and started posting. You dont get a crop right after planting a seed my friend...patience!

GG is off to bed, the legislature is draining him, slowly and painfully. haha.

I was the same way GG, though I think I lurked for nearly a year before I registered. I think the forum does a great service to the community TJ, even if we haven't been as active of late. It was my lifeline when I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on around town. I think there are a lot of people who utilize the information provided on the site, but don't necessarily feel the desire to contribute, or perhaps don't have much to say. Doesn't mean the boards are any less important!

^ FL, don't fret. You're doing a fantastic job and, I believe I speak for us all, we really appreciate your time and effort!!! I've seen quite a few new names that haven't posted anything yet. I also see quite a few lurkers that aren't registered. Like others have mentioned, I lurked for quite awhile before I ever registered and then still didn't post anything right away. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Thanks Glenn!! :D

I guess what I'm really asking is: do you think the content is as good today as it was when you joined? I know there has been a drop off in news stories and such involving economic development, growth and business articles from the Tallahassee Democrat and there are few other alternatives for us to get fresh information from. Not being on the "inside" also hurts, and now that we've lost or are loosing Psycuda, I'm wondering if we've got anyone left inside these positions that could give us some scoop. My "source" has retired from its post and I can't go to it for information any longer. And Since April I'm a full time "bureaucrat", working my 8-5, I don't have the time to get out there like I used to. I worry too much!!

Thanks Glenn!! :D

I guess what I'm really asking is: do you think the content is as good today as it was when you joined? I know there has been a drop off in news stories and such involving economic development, growth and business articles from the Tallahassee Democrat and there are few other alternatives for us to get fresh information from. Not being on the "inside" also hurts, and now that we've lost or are loosing Psycuda, I'm wondering if we've got anyone left inside these positions that could give us some scoop. My "source" has retired from its post and I can't go to it for information any longer. And Since April I'm a full time "bureaucrat", working my 8-5, I don't have the time to get out there like I used to. I worry too much!!

:offtopic: Everybody is a tough-guy behind a computer screen, otherwise the retarded statements made yesterday about the Martin Lee Anderson case are grounds for some people getting the smack knocked out of them (they know who they are on tallahassee.com) Personally, I don't mind punching some of those idiots on tallahassee.com :) Carry on people.

:offtopic: Everybody is a tough-guy behind a computer screen, otherwise the retarded statements made yesterday about the Martin Lee Anderson case are grounds for some people getting the smack knocked out of them (they know who they are on tallahassee.com) Personally, I don't mind punching some of those idiots on tallahassee.com :) Carry on people.

The editors not only banned his IP address but that of everyone in that person's building.

I've been very discusted with some of the personal attacks and hatred thrown around on those boards in the past week. The other day someone splattered the "N-word" all over one of their posts and it was quickly removed. A few days ago someone used a passage from Genesis in the Bible to justify racisim, and inequality amongst the races. The comments were so prevelant that it almost seemed everyone hated everyone else. Tallahassee's friendly face is not showing itself @ Tallahassee.com, and like you Rachiroo I'm glad they haven't found us either.

Like you, GG, I've tried to stay away from the case itself, but one cannot help taking a peek at some of the comments when all of my co-workers are talking about how "Terrible" they have been lately.

It is sad that the Tallahassee Democrat doesn't carry much respect in this community yet they continue to be our only option. It sure would be nice if we could "start over" with certain things.