TallySheet

bobliocatt

Like you, GG, I've tried to stay away from the case itself, but one cannot help taking a peek at some of the comments when all of my co-workers are talking about how "Terrible" they have been lately.

It is sad that the Tallahassee Democrat doesn't carry much respect in this community yet they continue to be our only option. It sure would be nice if we could "start over" with certain things.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, FL you worry too much. :)

Things here on UP seem to just go in cycles of heavy posting and light posting. Sometimes it seems to have to do w/the construction/new project cycles in our fair city and sometimes it seems to have to do w/our poster's schedules. Some days I'll post 5 to 10 times and then go several days w/out even posting once.

I think everything is on track here and all is fine.

I also was a lurker here for at least two months or more before I first joined up. Sometimes I think that "strategy" makes for a better poster. Not that we have any truly unique way of posting, but I remember when Rachiroo first started posting, it took me awhile to realize she was new. She just jumped in w/our posting style as if she'd been here forever.

Also I've noticed that both Rachiroo and B'Boom have both just completed some fine quality detailed restaurant reviews. Before, it was mainly only you FL that did. So I'd call that progress too.

FL, I am about to lose my best COT contact too. I'm not sure if an official announcement has been made, so please say no names. It will be a great loss for our downtown and surrounding area. The good news is that "the contact" will remain in town.

Ah Tally.com. I've said it before and I'll say it again, bloggers at The Democrat make me appreciate you guys so very much. I glad they are starting to enforce a few of their TOS. It was about time. Things over there were getting crazy. The nasty stuff coming from folks there on MLA and other topics in past embarrasses me and makes me sad. I wish they'd put the comment section at the BTTM of the stories instead of beside them. Most every other newspaper does the comments at the bttm. That way if you don't want to read them, you don't have to. Yes I know I have the option to not read them, but when you are reading the story and just an inch off to the side someone is spewing nasties in all caps, it's hard not to look.

Yes, FL you worry too much. :)

Things here on UP seem to just go in cycles of heavy posting and light posting. Sometimes it seems to have to do w/the construction/new project cycles in our fair city and sometimes it seems to have to do w/our poster's schedules. Some days I'll post 5 to 10 times and then go several days w/out even posting once.

I think everything is on track here and all is fine.

I also was a lurker here for at least two months or more before I first joined up. Sometimes I think that "strategy" makes for a better poster. Not that we have any truly unique way of posting, but I remember when Rachiroo first started posting, it took me awhile to realize she was new. She just jumped in w/our posting style as if she'd been here forever.

Also I've noticed that both Rachiroo and B'Boom have both just completed some fine quality detailed restaurant reviews. Before, it was mainly only you FL that did. So I'd call that progress too.

FL, I am about to lose my best COT contact too. I'm not sure if an official announcement has been made, so please say no names. It will be a great loss for our downtown and surrounding area. The good news is that "the contact" will remain in town.

Ah Tally.com. I've said it before and I'll say it again, bloggers at The Democrat make me appreciate you guys so very much. I glad they are starting to enforce a few of their TOS. It was about time. Things over there were getting crazy. The nasty stuff coming from folks there on MLA and other topics in past embarrasses me and makes me sad. I wish they'd put the comment section at the BTTM of the stories instead of beside them. Most every other newspaper does the comments at the bttm. That way if you don't want to read them, you don't have to. Yes I know I have the option to not read them, but when you are reading the story and just an inch off to the side someone is spewing nasties in all caps, it's hard not to look.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an idea I have been thinking about for quite some time, I thought I would run it past everyone here. I think that redeveloping the Albertsons shopping center on Thomasville Road would be a HUGE money making development for the NE part of town. Here is what I was thinking about:

Currently there is an Albertsons, Books a Million, KFC, and a Popeyes Chicken in this shopping center that used to have a K-Mart in it. A huge portion of this center is wasted space. I propose completly demolishing all the structures. Then build a multi-story life style shopping center. You could have retail stores on the bottom two stories then maybe a couple of more floors of office space. Since the property is surrounded by road access on three sides, getting to and from the property would be a breeze. Build it like a town center development with maybe a parking garage adjacent to the building structures. Basically a dense development were shoppers could all park in the garage and shop, dine, entertainment, work, etc with a short walk accross the property or one of the other levels. Since the property is located at the intersection of Thomasville Rd, Capital Circle & I-10 the traffic count could easly support any type of retail that would like to setup business there.

Not that I am capable of persuading the owners of the property to do this but I think is a great idea anyway. What do you think?

Here is an idea I have been thinking about for quite some time, I thought I would run it past everyone here. I think that redeveloping the Albertsons shopping center on Thomasville Road would be a HUGE money making development for the NE part of town. Here is what I was thinking about:

Currently there is an Albertsons, Books a Million, KFC, and a Popeyes Chicken in this shopping center that used to have a K-Mart in it. A huge portion of this center is wasted space. I propose completly demolishing all the structures. Then build a multi-story life style shopping center. You could have retail stores on the bottom two stories then maybe a couple of more floors of office space. Since the property is surrounded by road access on three sides, getting to and from the property would be a breeze. Build it like a town center development with maybe a parking garage adjacent to the building structures. Basically a dense development were shoppers could all park in the garage and shop, dine, entertainment, work, etc with a short walk accross the property or one of the other levels. Since the property is located at the intersection of Thomasville Rd, Capital Circle & I-10 the traffic count could easly support any type of retail that would like to setup business there.

Not that I am capable of persuading the owners of the property to do this but I think is a great idea anyway. What do you think?

Yes the shopping center is fullly occupited. The wasted space I am speaking of is the huge parking lot that never gets filled unless there is a boat show and the large area on the south side that is used for a cut thru from t-ville rd to the road behind albertsons. The whole lot is big enough if developed as I described in to something really special.

The other k-mart shopping center really really really does need to be redeveloped. That too has enough property for a large development as well.

This is something similiar to what I was envisioning, except it doesn't necessarily need a street thru the middle of it since its already surrounded by road access. A pedestrian walkway similiar to adams street downtown with out parking would work. In order to handle the parking and better utilize the property that was why I suggested the adjacent parking garage.

http://www.ci.monterey-park.ca.us/images/t...enter-trial.jpg

BigHard!! I love that you had the initiative to share your idea with us! We need more like you!!! :yahoo:

A few suggestions if I may! :P

I love the concept of a total demolition. However, instead of building a multi-story office structure, maybe we could configure the center in such a way that there is:

• The same store selection clustered together on one side of the plaza

• An Apartment/High Density Condominium Development on the other

• The excess space I'd like to see converted into a pedestrian friendly park complete with benches, talking trails, bird baths or fountain, and extravagant landscaping.

I do think, however, it is rather odd we are discussing redeveloping a plaza in a very affluent area of our city with the sections we have that are desperately in need of some attention. This reminds me, while driving down Miccosukee Road the other day, I noticed the city will begin some median landscaping projects on an already Beautiful stretch of road, most of which already has landscaped medians. My thought is, why can't we landscape every other median, keeping the grass nicely cut on the other pads, to allow resources to do the same in an area that could really use it.