Tallahassee escapes the list

5-year Value Projections

1. Orlando {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -34.2

2. Miami {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -32.2

4. Tampa {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -28.0

6. Fort Lauderdale {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -.27.2

7. Palm Beach County {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -27.2

12. Jacksonville {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -24.0

There's a good chance Tallahassee's real estate market is in a 5 year decline as well. However I'm sure not as drastic as the ones listed above.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida leads 25 Real Estate Markets Poised to Fall

Tallahassee escapes the list

5-year Value Projections

1. Orlando {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -34.2

2. Miami {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -32.2

4. Tampa {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -28.0

6. Fort Lauderdale {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -.27.2

7. Palm Beach County {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -27.2

12. Jacksonville {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} -24.0

There's a good chance Tallahassee's real estate market is in a 5 year decline as well. However I'm sure not as drastic as the ones listed above.

Real Estate Hits New Low

Posted: 12:32 PM Nov 29, 2007

Last Updated: 5:10 PM Nov 29, 2007

Reporter: Stefan Weekes

The real estate market has hit a new record low and it may be affecting the value of homes in Tallahassee.

Real estate agents say home sales have gone down by 30 percent from last year.

Experts say there is three times the supply of homes for sale than buyers to purchase them.

Real estate agents say the market value of homes in Tallahassee has gone down in certain areas, but the market is not as bad as others throughout Florida.

Real estate agents also say when selling a house be prepared to keep a home on the market a little longer than in previous years.

From what little I know about the real estate market, it has always gone in cycles and it always will.

On the subject of foreclosures, it has been my observation that many folks got into trouble during the "glory days" b/c they simply bought too much house. Instead of the modest 3/2, they bought the 5/4 in Golden Eagle or the likes and now things are catching up w/them especially w/adjustable rate mortgages. I've known people that took out mortgages just for the interest only (there's a name for these) and my first thought upon learning that info was "What the devil are you thinking? This will surely come back to bite you in butt."

Those interest-only mortgages that I know about did not occur here in NFL but in SFL and CA where they were more popular.

I'm planning a major picture taking/UPdate session for this weekend. Because I enjoy discussing the topics so much, I'm curious to know when I should post the UPdates to maximize the potential for conversation. In the past I've waited days before words are spoken on them, however, this time I'd like to see if I can catch you all ready to talk. Also, are there any projects which I may not have hit much in the past that you all would like to see this weekend? I'm also pushing for a trip to Monticello as a part of this weekend's rounds.

I think folks here tend to converse more on weekdays than they do on weekends. Maybe a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday posting might be best?

Should you go to Southwood, could you please take a shot of the parcel that was suppose to be part of the Town Center but is now going to be apts? A shot showing it in relationship to the current TC/Lake and Townhouses would be superb. However do not make a special trip just for this shot.

On the other end of town, if you happen to be up that way, maybe a shot of Bradfordville Corners or the new Kohl's going up. I guess my main request would be things anywhere on the edges of town since I don't get out that way as much.