TallySheet

bobliocatt

TALLAHASSEE

EDC unveils Web site

logo.gif

The Economic Development Council of Tallahassee/Leon County has launched a Web site for the Capital Region Manufacturers, an industry roundtable of the EDC. The interactive site provides industry news and updates, as well as important resources for information on workforce education, grant opportunities and advocacy efforts. The site is now live at http://capitalregionmanufacturers.com. The site, designed by Tallahassee-based Taproot Creative in partnership with Cook Tucker Group, also provides an overview of local manufacturing. In addition to regional demographic information, the site provides a listing of area manufacturers, along with business parks and other manufacturing locations.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder in case anyone is interested: The Annual Keep Tallahassee Leon County Beautiful Super Clean Sweep is tomorrow morning. Any of you interested can show up at Lake Ella in the morning for your assignment or join me on West Tharpe Street. I'll begin at the intersection of Tharpe and Ocala in the morning around 8am and work my way west to Capital Circle picking up as much litter and scattered debris as possible. It's always rewarding to look at the amount of waste collected at the end of the day and know you've helped to make a difference!!

I was wondering if anyone else saw the PSA from Valdosta/Lowndes County on "the 6" about being a community that supports economic development and welcomes new industry, etc? I thought it was A.) Very clever on their part and B.) pathetic that COT just got beat badly by Valdosta in their outreach to the business world.

Here's the link to the video, although the PSA was shortened to fit in the alloted 30 seconds.

http://www.elocallink.tv/clients3/ga/valdo...p?spon=economic

VLD - 1

TLH - 0

Edited by Go Gators

Florida tourism down

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida's economy, already staggered by a stagnant real estate market and tight credit conditions, is also being hurt by a drop in tourism, which officials said tourism fell by 1.5 million visitors in 2007.

Preliminary estimates showed 82.4 million people visited Florida in 2007, compared to 83.9 who came in 2006. It was the first drop-off in visitors to Florida since shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the northeast.

"Trends suggest that some vacationers traveling by auto may be staying closer to home," said Bud Nocera, president and CEO of Visit Florida, the state's private-public tourism agency.

The Legislature's top economist, Amy Baker, said the national recession was largely responsible for the state's tourism downturn.

"The two places you'd see it the most are in sales tax collections and rental car surcharges," Baker said. "The housing was a homegrown problem, the tourism is not."

A shot of our downtown was shown on CNN tonight as they were reporting on the Democratic Primary do-over. They showed a shot of Monroe Street at College Avenue facing the Regions Bank and Suntrust. Kinda makes us look small....maybe they showed somwthing else before I tuned in but nonetheless, I've never seen a shot of our DT aside from the phallus on national TV.

A shot of our downtown was shown on CNN tonight as they were reporting on the Democratic Primary do-over. They showed a shot of Monroe Street at College Avenue facing the Regions Bank and Suntrust. Kinda makes us look small....maybe they showed somwthing else before I tuned in but nonetheless, I've never seen a shot of our DT aside from the phallus on national TV.

Forbes: 25 real estate markets poised to fall

One way to know where housing prices are headed is to look at their relationship to rents. As Fortune's data show, big declines are needed to bring prices and rents back in line.

1) Orlando

5-yr home price forecast: -34.2%

Home price/rent ratio: 23.8

15-yr average: 14.9

2) Miami

5-yr home price forecast: -32.2%

Home price/rent ratio: 27.2

15-yr average: 16

4) Tampa

5-yr home price forecast: -28.0%

Home price/rent ratio: 21.4

15-yr average: 14.5

6) Fort Lauderdale

5-yr home price forecast: -27.2%

Home price/rent ratio: 24.5

15-yr average: 15.7

7) Palm Beach County, Fla.

5-yr home price forecast: -27.2%

Home price/rent ratio: 27.1

15-yr average: 17.6

12) Jacksonville

5-yr home price forecast: -24.0%

Home price/rent ratio: 20.1

15-yr average: 14.3

Edited by Florida

Tallahassee Formalizes Sister City Relationship With District in Ghana

March 19

Contingent to Sign Agreement This Afternoon - Mayor John Marks will formalize the City of Tallahassee's newest official sister city relationship with the Asante Akim North Municipal Assembly, Ghana, this afternoon at 5:15 p.m. Mayor Marks will sign a formal agreement in the City Commission Chambers with the Hon. George Kyei Baffour, an assembly member from Asante Akim. The formal signing will then be followed by a reception on the second floor mezzanine of City Hall.

The Asante Akim North Municipal Assembly is one of the 21 Districts in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The city of Konongo-Odumase serves as the District Capital. Asante Akim covers a land area of 1,160 square km with an estimated population of 142,434 for 2006 (projection from 2000 Population Census).

Asante Akim joins Ramat-Hasharon, Israel; Sligo, Ireland; Krasnodar, Russia; and the Caribbean island of St. Maarten in having formal sister city agreements with Tallahassee. The City Commission approved the formation of the relationship with Asante Akim in 2001, and representatives of the Tallahassee-African Sister Cities Coalition worked with their counterparts in Ghana to bring the delegation to Tallahassee for the formal signing ceremony.

It's been a minute since I've been on here but I need a little favor. What photography studios do you'all recommend for self-portraits and do the studio(s) allow customers to put their shots on CD? Whatever studio I rock with based on your suggestions must allow me to have my shots put on CD so I can e-mail to friends & family; I'm down for a $35-50 price range, no more no less. All suggestions are taken into consideration.

It's been a minute since I've been on here but I need a little favor. What photography studios do you'all recommend for self-portraits and do the studio(s) allow customers to put their shots on CD? Whatever studio I rock with based on your suggestions must allow me to have my shots put on CD so I can e-mail to friends & family; I'm down for a $35-50 price range, no more no less. All suggestions are taken into consideration.

Dear All,

I've had many joys over the past 3 years here on UrbanPlanet. I'm writing to let you know that I will no longer be active on this website. The memories from the conversations we've had here will never be forgotten. Thanks to all of you who have participated in making this forum what it is today. Hopefully many of you will join me on the soon to be released . Until then, be cool!

-"Florida"

:hi:

Dear All,

I've had many joys over the past 3 years here on UrbanPlanet. I'm writing to let you know that I will no longer be active on this website. The memories from the conversations we've had here will never be forgotten. Thanks to all of you who have participated in making this forum what it is today. Hopefully many of you will join me on the soon to be released . Until then, be cool!

-"Florida"

:hi:

Edited by Neo

Can we assume that you are starting this site? If so, I dont personally think its cool that your ripping of UPTally. And having seen many of the title topics, I would assume so. Having said that, I'll see you over there haha! ;)