TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's Democtrate has a stroy about a devlopment by the hospital on capital cirlce NE by the Parrish Group. 42 acre office, medical, and reatail park between centerville and fleiishman done in stages, completed in four years. Looks nice, but they are stealing a law firm from downtown. They say the park is neccissary becaause fo the Welaunee development and that they will be completed around the same time. Again, that's alot of trees, but the area is prime. should fill up rather quickly, the article said most contracts are pending.

That side of town has truly become a medical mecca. I think soon, the downtown or some place on the west side of town say along lake bradford near Gaines, or down Pensacola or wherever, is going to need another hospital, because having all things medical on that side of town will become a hassle.

Just driving around town, I've noticed so many things are becoming more and more urban... I can truly see now why people say there is little real estate in Tallahassee to build... there is, but whats available isn't yet on the market. We're sitting on gold people... its awesome.

As much as I like seeing buildings reused, putting a Circle K and a burrito place in the old Bill's across from FSU on Copeland is not what I had in mind. Maybe I saw some condos on that corner instead, with something else on the ground floor. Well, at least there's no gas pumps or parking lot being put in, so that's a plus.

^WHAT!!! Did you pass by and see this? I can't believe FSU didn't fight this one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I walk by there 3 or 4 times a week. they've been working on this for about a month.

FSU has no issue because

1)They're reusing the building

2) The zoning is still the same (similar use)

3) It fits in with their plan for student oriented businesses (but no condos for faculty members)

4) from the looks of it, there's no additional parking.

Because of 1 and 2, FSU can't complain about it

Edited by psycuda

I noticed the work... i ignored it. It would be nice to stop in and grab a snack. It looks like they have constructed a porch on the park ave side for outdoor seating.. if they have live music, it could be one heck of a spot. Not the calliber of potbellies... but I think students can support it.

Tallahassee Democrate changes hands... From Knight Ridder to GANNETT CO!  This may help, just because its new and they will make efforts to improve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not holding my breath. Being from the part of the country that Gannett got its start (and still owns a large number of the papers) It's just gonna be more of the same.

Well I must say, from what I know of Gannett Co... Tallahassee is in a great position. These are the same people who own USA Today, among many other major US Daily periodicals. Iit surely doesn't hurt that we've been moved to new ownership... we truly have no where to go but up... this is another sign that National attention has turned it's head toward Tallahassee.