Charlotte Bobcats Arena

utcltjay

The arena is nice enough, what I am cheering is the banishment of the surface parking lots! Infill, yay!

Anyone have up to date plans or renderings of the childrens museum next door? In fact, anyone know what the premise of that thing will be? I kind of thought that was the plan of discovery place, to be a children's learning museum... which is need of dire update as well.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some pics of the model the Architects will use to construct the new Arena in Charlotte.

arena_model_1.jpg

View of the Trade St entrance with the Light Rail stop in the foreground.

arena_model_5.jpg

5th St view, you can see the Practice Court is the box that juts out near the Brevard St intersection.

arena_model_9.jpg

Trade St view...there will be street level retail on this side.

arena_model_12.jpg

A look inside.

arena_model_17.jpg

This shows how close to the skyscrapers the new Arena will be.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice. I'm glad Charlotte's arena hasn't copied the like of the Staples Center or other ones that have massive lux boxes.

How many people does it seat? I understand that newer arenas are being built smaller (with more lux boxes) than they were in the early 1990s. I mean the Rose Garden in Portland and the Delta Center in Salt Lake City seat about 20,000 people.

Archived