Charlotte Bobcats Arena

utcltjay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlotte used to be listed on Fox Sports Grill's website as "coming soon." It is no longer there.

Just in case anyone has confused this with Fox SkyBox (in many airports, and at one time in Concord Mills), this is a different chain -- very upscale in comparison. The SkyBox is a place for chicken fingers or a burger. This place caters more to a filet or prime rib crowd -- though burgers and sandwiches are offered. I went to the one in Atlanta and loved it. Such a classy atmosphere for a sports-themed restaurant. I hope we will still see this in Charlotte at the EpiCentre, but now I have my doubts after checking their website.

Isn't there now going to be a Wet Willie's at Epicenter? (a la River Street in Savannah).

I wonder how much space they would take up, and would it possibly be the same space as Fox Sports?

I'm not sure of an opening date, however from what I've heard Fox Sports Grill is still opening up, along with Dale Jr's Country Bar, and several night spots.

• 3 weeks later...

I am out of town today, and was looking at the 210trade webcam and was wondering why was going on at the arena today, there are a lot of buses and a lot of people.

I walked past the arena a couple of days ago...they are coming along on the Bellacino's (sp?). It looks like it will occupy a decent amount of space. Do we know yet what restaurant will be taking the third spot? I know it's supposed to be burger and fries fare...

So i don't get the CBJ online subscription but I got the email about their upcoming articles - there was a headline about the Bobcats thinking of spinning off all entertainment and concert booking and promotions to firms that specialize in that. They would cut the entire arena event executive staff. Interesting concept - i didn't realize that they did all their own booking there in-house. Could this mean more exciting shows and concerts coming to town if they in fact do this?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived