Possible new development in NW Manch.

M. Brown

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I think it will be overpopulated," said Sarah Allaire, who moved into a newly built home on a cul-de-sac about six months ago. "We thought this would be a nice, quiet place."

Hmmm, let's see, you bought a condo within the city limits of the state's largest city. And you thought it would be quiet... Try Coos County next time.

Hmmm, let's see, you bought a condo within the city limits of the state's largest city. And you thought it would be quiet... Try Coos County next time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha ha! I was thinking the same exact thing.

It's funny because somebody just started developing the third development next to my neighborhood, sort of like this.

Me too. Its a city. Its not suppose to be quiet. Ive been to this place and it seems quiet enough. Its a very nice neighboorhood and a new development wouldnt do much in my opinion. I graduated from West High School in 2004 as well. They just had an addition that was completed over the summer so now it should be able to support more students if that should happen.

• 8 months later...

any news on this development?  has it begun or is it shot down?

also, how many students at wets high school, and is that the only one in manchester that is public?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Manchester has three public high schools: Central, West, and Memorial. I'm not sure about their sizes but I would guess they are all slightly over or around 2000 students each.

Manchester has three public high schools: Central, West, and Memorial. I'm not sure about their sizes but I would guess they are all slightly over or around 2000 students each.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, thats a lot of kids. im from portland, which has two publics, and the biggest of them is 1,400. i remember going there (deering) and the halls were so over crowded and they were trying to use the wrestling room for a classroom....that was when it had a few hundred less kids too. portland high is much more diverse and it is right down town, but only has about 1100 kids. boney eagle high school, where im guessing coreyportlandme went to, is the states biggest with i think close to 2,000 or maybe more students. i talked to someone from way back when that went to portland, before deering had many kids in attendance, and he said there were around 900 kids in each graduating class....very weird, but i guess that was when the city still attracted full families as residents....

^Woo Bonny Eagle! I'm glad to leave that dump :P:thumbsup: I'd say there were no more than 1,500 kids last year, but the number seems to go up every year cause we are out in the Suburbs and there are so many new houses being built.

And back to this thread,

"I think it will be overpopulated," said Sarah Allaire, who moved into a newly built home on a cul-de-sac about six months ago. "We thought this would be a nice, quiet place."

Haha! Maybe they should have moved out to the country instead of closer to Manchester.

Archived