Residential Real Estate Booms Downtown

cityboi

Residential Real Estate Booms Downtown

WFMY (CBS) News 2

Erin Coleman , Web Producer

Last Updated: 11/22/2004 6:29:36 AM

Greensboro, N.C. -- The more downtown Greensboro grows, the more people want to live there.

In the Southside neighborhood, new homes and town homes are sold before they're even built.

And with the addition of the ballpark and now, the Elon Law School, businesses aren't the only ones hard pressed to get a spot.

There's been more interest in building residential.

"If you work downtown, it's wonderful to live downtown. If you play downtown, you like to live downtown and it's a great community. The people are wonderful," Real Estate Broker Bobbie Maynard said.

Real estate agents say they already have waiting lists for many properties, some they haven't even broken ground on yet.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody have any new Greensboro pictures to post? I was in Greensboro for a couple of hours this past weekend preparing for my move back there this saturday (I can't wait!) and I noticed a couple of brand new buildings going in by the railroad tracks on Elm street. That was a nice surprise. Does anybody know what they're going to be? I also drove by the baseball stadium and it's a lot bigger than I thought it was!

Anyway, I will probably be out taking pictures in the next couple of weeks, so once I take 'em, I'll post 'em!

Does anybody have any new Greensboro pictures to post? I was in Greensboro for a couple of hours this past weekend preparing for my move back there this saturday (I can't wait!) and I noticed a couple of brand new buildings going in by the railroad tracks on Elm street. That was a nice surprise. Does anybody know what they're going to be? I also drove by the baseball stadium and it's a lot bigger than I thought it was!

Anyway, I will probably be out taking pictures in the next couple of weeks, so once I take 'em, I'll post 'em!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont have any new pictures of downtown in general but I do have some of the stadium that I took the other day. They are in the sports section of the forum.

The building you are refering to along the railroad tracks and Elm St are the Smothers Place Loft condos. The building looks like it will be 5 stories and it looks like its going to be a nice building. What is interesting is that the design of the building looks like its be a part of the old train station which was built in the 1800s.

You're right, when you actually visit the stadium site, it looks much bigger in scale than looking at it in photos. It certainly is a bigger in scale than the old War Memorial and thats because the new stadium will have skyboxes. The southwest corner of the stadium will have 3 floors. I'm glad you had a chance to return to Greensboro to see whats going on. :)

Archived