Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

City funds sought for Ambassador renovations

5 posts in this topic

I really hope he gets some funding and doesn't tear it down. One of downtown Jacksonville's strong-points is its beautiful historic architecture, and I'd hate to lose more of it. I can't wait to see this entire block revamped, along with the courthouse and its neighboring developments.

Also, this building will house "market-rate" apartments, which is music to my urban ears. So far, downtown has gotten mostly luxury developments, which left an unbalanced level of housing. This will help even it up a bit.

The Ambassador would be a central feature of a block-long project that would deposit a pair of office towers and a 456-car garage one block west of City Hall. If he can

You are right. It cannot be torn down. It is in better shape (and more viable without heavy subsidy) than most of our ignored historic structures. All concrete and brick.

^Yeah, besides the ground floor, the building looks ok. The interior might be a "whole nuther" story. But I would love to see what it was like in the 20's.