Campus Martius Grand Opening

Allan

On Friday I met up with Aaron and Wolverine to go to the opening on Campus Martius Park in downtown Detroit. It was great to see so many people out enjoying the event despite the rainy weather. I am actually optimistic about city now - they finally got something right! The park is nearly perfect.

Despite being 45 minutes late (traffic on I-94 is HORRIBLE), we still managed to get a tour of the new Compuware Headquarters from Brother Ray.

IMG_4517.jpg

The Compuware waterfall is the tallest indoor waterfall in the world.

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

The Freud and Hughes and Hatcher Buildings used to be located here. Soon a new 13 floor parking garage will rise on the site.

IMG_4548.jpg

Looking north up Woodward Avenue

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

Continue on to Part 2

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spotlights were there for the grand opening of the park. The city closed off Woodward Avenue for the celebration and put the spotlights in the middle of the street. There was also another spotlight further north on Woodward, near Grand Circus Park.

I have been looking around online everywhere trying to find pix of the tree lit up, and wow, did I ever find what i was looking for! Great pics! i registered with this site just to say that!

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see how this place looks thursday (@ the parade).

Welcome to the forum!

I intend to get downtown tomorrow to take more photos of the tree and park...at least if it is not raining. Otherwise it will have to wait until after I get back from Thanksgiving break, since I am leaving class at 3:00 on Wednesday to avoid the I-75 North rush hour traffic.

Hey Allan, remember how that overweight lady in the blue kept getting into my photos?  Well, I see her in one of yours HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA.

Nice pics, although, I've already saw them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL. I knew you were going to say something about her. I guess that's what Detroit gets for being the fattest city in the country.

Tomorrow night I will go back and get a photo without her in it. Haha.

Archived