11th Annual Most Dangerious Cities Awards

monsoon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Louisville was on that list because the city has been relatively able to keep its crime in check, that's what I'm thinking.

Louisville Crime Rate = 5964.6

Louisville Violent Crime = 862.9 (behind San Fran (866.3) and ahead of Oklahoma City (859.3))

NYC Crime Rate = 3,722.6

NYC Violent Crime = 1063.1

So really, neither one of these cities is very dangerous.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Raleigh happens to be one of those cities that puts a cap on reporting crime, all for the sake of the city's image. I can tell you personally Raleigh can be seriously dangerous on some parts of town. You're guaranteed to become a victom before it's all said and done. I find this to be misleading on police dept's behalf. This leads people to believe, they can just scurry about at night without a worry, next thing you know, you hear gunshots.

• 9 months later...

If you're living foul then you have every reason to worry about being a crime victim. As long as you aren't involved in the street life then crime shouldn't touch you. The only exception is when you live in or around a notoriously dangerous neighborhood, but even then you shouldn't worry about being a victim if you aren't looking for trouble.

If you're living foul then you have every reason to worry about being a crime victim. As long as you aren't involved in the street life then crime shouldn't touch you. The only exception is when you live in or around a notoriously dangerous neighborhood, but even then you shouldn't worry about being a victim if you aren't looking for trouble.

Raleigh happens to be one of those cities that puts a cap on reporting crime, all for the sake of the city's image. I can tell you personally Raleigh can be seriously dangerous on some parts of town. You're guaranteed to become a victom before it's all said and done. I find this to be misleading on police dept's behalf. This leads people to believe, they can just scurry about at night without a worry, next thing you know, you hear gunshots.

I was in the Army and had the misfortune of being delpoyed to NOLA for Katrina assistance a day or so after the storm. The NOLA police are corrupt beyond comprehension. I won't go into specifics, but it has (probably unfairly, but I could care less) changed my outlook on all police departments not only there but, in every town.

Archived